lets be frank about bands ey?

Re: -

slipkorn said:
i mean it seems to me that people go to these gigs to lash out and push people around in a "somewhat" sort of mosh pit..

Just to enlighten a lil on that,
To some metalfans out there, moshpit is fun. It is a part of their way of expressing their love for the music, tho nt applied to all. Just like some pple like to headbang to their fav music, some dun. Moshpits applied. You will definately not missed out a moshpit in big Music festival like Wacken in germany! etc etc. As an outsider, you may see moshpit as something senseless and violent, but it is an all totally different experience when u are IN it haha. Speaking from xperience :p

I support slipkorn,I had a bad experience wif a band that came to my school quite disappointed,they were rocker wanabes well they suck thats all i can say.The band goes on stage,the lead vocal guy starts talking about his stupid band and demostrating the instruments.At that point i really was looking forward to a good performance,but then he started singing some stupid macdonald song he invented when he was working in macdonalds and some other songs he invented,and he cant even sing properly.he hogs the whole stage show off his effects,and all i can hear from the guitars is buzzing sounds.

Anyone watched the new trailer on tv for some Channel U show about what youths today are interested in? They had some segment on the local music scene and they interviewed Ronin.

From that interview they put a clip in the trailer, which I think is really relevant to this thread.

In that scene, Levan said "You don't like our music, then don't listen la, you fool"

Actually, i downloaded one song from Es War Einmal, and don't understand why you think they're so bad..

I caught Es War Einmal at Peace Concert this year and I think they were pretty good.. They worked the crowd real well, I must say. Was headbanging and there was a great mosh pit too!

Mosh pits, headbanging, jumping, doing whatever crazy stuff at a gig are just some of the gig-goers' way of expressing their liking for the music. Like I'm sure bands would love to perform to a hyper crowd rather than a dead one with everyone silently and passively appreciating their music. So yeah don't condemn moshing yeah? Its pretty damn fun lol.

the audio tracks on their website sounds pretty good leh, how come the thread starter say they are not good?

one question though, "how come most bands don't put SOFT in their link page?" :cry:

why slipkorn just come here and criticise bands? i think theres sth wrong with him. slipkorn r u better than them? if so show us your stuff and you can scold them all you want man. respect their genres man.

SOFT i dont have a band..lol..um anyways that band that emilys with...nice stuff...but slipkorn just joined recently...is he here to cause some internal conflict and damage to bands and the good ppl here? Hmmm i wonder...

you know, you can always post ur opinions in a nicer way and express what u feel their lacking...with ur nick like that...i feel sad ur a fellow listener to slipknot and korn...bah...PABMFR!

soft said:
the audio tracks on their website sounds pretty good leh, how come the thread starter say they are not good?

one question though, "how come most bands don't put SOFT in their link page?" :cry:

Sorry bout that, on the old site, SOFT was definitely listed. The band recently re-did their website, and I had no idea it wasn't there. I shall let the web-person know bout this :)

-Emily

ha..ha.. emzster, no worries! i was just thinking a loud.

you are from es war einmal? thanks for keeping your cool. :wink:

haha thinking aloud eh? i like that. yeh, well i dont play any intruments or provide screamage but im considered part of the band. The boys call me their manager..but i just like to think im their "band helper". I just generally email gig organisers to try and get them gigs, help sell their merchandise, promote their band, the list goes on..blah blah blah

haha.. no need to say thanks for keeping your cool! this is all part of the music industry- you're bound to get criticised from people. And in my honest opinion, i reckon its def a good thing that bands need- without it, how will bands ever improve or see where they might be going wrong? Maybe some people might get a tad bit offended when someone disses their band, but if they take a step back and look at it differently..they could prolly make something good out of what was said. Am i making any sense? Or am i just thinking aloud as well? haha.

-emily

everyone is entitled to voice out their opinion.but there's a thin line between constructive comments and juz plain dissing.constructive comments would be welcomed with open hands.dun diss the music played juz because it juz doesnt go with you.learn to appreciate ideas and diff genres of music.im not specifically single-ing anione out.its juz a point i wish to get across.i simply hate it when there's like unnecessary flaming going on.so please stop.

the critics i see over here are interesting, seriously. i guess slipkorn doesn't like us... but to tell you the truth, we've gone through alot of hard work, and we have so much fun permorming, whereever we are, we see the same faces and always manage to shake new hands. we have made quite alot of new friends.. if we manage to have a mosh pit, it's the crowds response to what they hear. we love that feeling.

i see we are at the top of this forum, although most of you haven't really heard or seen us live, so why don't you check us out! emzster has posted some links as well i will repost.

and if you want to read what we talk abt in songs you can find poems to our songs on our home page

www.ewe-hardcore.com

www.myspace.com/eswareinmal

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I just wanna say that if people cannot take criticisms and comparisons, then there will be no progress, no improvement, just stagnation. They'll be so busy defending themselves that they will not make any progress with their music or rather, their taste.

Yes taste varies but when you know very little about music, chances are that the 'taste' you have is influenced by how the band looks, how the band screams, and the inherently silly notion of it being cool, or aka being with the times. Whatever happened to musical tastes that are influenced not only by technicality, but rather musicality? Something that can make you feel emotions within yourself from THE MUSIC alone. Not the lyrics or stylings.

If everyone adopts the "let's scream and bang, let everyone think they are feeling high and if the audience loves it, who cares about musicality!" kind of mentality, then, well... music is fed to the dogs. It is no longer about music now. It's just an excuse to entertain an audience that's looking for a cheap thrill. While a musician's job is to entertain, they should get the music right first BEFORE thinking about how to further entertain the audience with their theatrical antics and whatnot.

Sorry for the long post but in my opinion, bands here should consistently get better, not on technicality (although they should), but rather, musically. Technique only enables you to execute whatever music you have in your mind. It is only then that legends will be borne... and Singapore's music scene will be booming by then.

P.S. For the record, I think Ugly in the Morning is a great, great band! One of my all time favourite bands in Singapore.

Finally somone expresses opinions...people are too nice about bands these days..if you dont like some band, then dont pretend you do so you dont rock the boat! slipkorn makes very valid points...dont just attack : /

Back