8th Soft's Drum Xchange/Meetup - 17th Nov 2007 ! DXS Group Photo-Taking at 3pm

i don't know whether he's on soft.
He's like really creepie,like the way the comittee asked him not to play anymore,and he insisted to sit on the chair.it was brave,but....creepie.

lol i'm telling you he visits soft! alfe mentioned his soft nick but i forgot already.

heh bloody hilarious. i'm still laughing my arse off.

Alamak! You guys!

He is Phlemingo. I mean, since he was up there already, so Alfe told him to carry on but do a short one. Plus he showcased jazz playing, which was cool because no one ever really do that much during the exchange.

I enjoyed Phlemingo short stint up on the set personally. :)

more towards weird i reckon. but LOL we're so getting scolded for discussing this here.

oh oh phlemingo. i had the impression he was like some jazz demi-drummer-god when i read his posts on one of the threads.

Last edited:
i'm sorri but i happen to be the demi god here. i'm in my demi god chair and i dun see anyone sitting on me. so i must be the only demi god.

hahhha yes yes all hail Mark, legendary demi drummer god!

btw, no malice intended regarding my comments earlier on phlemingo.

was pretty disappointed that i had to leave early for worship practice. missed out on quite a bit. but i got to see the demi drummer god play before leaving!

[size=-2]dear demigod of grooves, please come for the next meetup and impart thy wisdom to me your humble servant at no cost whatsoever. oh would be great if you could bless us with your jarrah snare, in all its rudimentary splendor. amen.[/size]

Last edited:
Eheh, does demi god actually means "32nd notes" god?

Heh yea phlemingo was probably the only one who covered jazz that day apart from the merciless 32nd 64th notes double pedaling. It was unique.

Well based on Alfe, the next meet up might be themed jazz so that's definitely not gonna be missed. :cool:

yups i am pushing for a jazz focus for the first half of next xchange.

i believe we've covered quite a fair bit of metal and latin in recent xchanges, it would be good for us to eventually cover some of everything.

phlemingo, i guess he did appear awkward a little, but he's friendly when we chatted. also, i found his honest (if a little too earnest approach) refreshing.

some of his comments gave me light bulb, like at the end of the xchange when he said "i came to learn jazz stuff, but none of the teachers were sharing jazz...." it was exactly the same thing i was thinking and probably would have mentioned but yes i certainly did sit up mentally

bros and sistas, if you can, just say hi and chat wif him a little, am sure is okay. some of us growing up are a little more socially awkward than others, it just takes a little warming up (like drumming)

probably will write a more event-based recap later

cheers

jarrah snare is still in aussie, dammit. next meet up shld be here no promises.

at no cost??!!! shocking i say. yah why not, but i reckon a 1 on 1 with me wld be more beneficial to u and my extremely un god like bank account

DE1.jpg

DE2.jpg

DE3.jpg

DE4.jpg

Back