8th Soft's Drum Xchange/Meetup - 17th Nov 2007 ! DXS Group Photo-Taking at 3pm

peiseh ah, i was only rash not anxious. i was cool as a cucumber.

its on me the coffee, but kiss my butt first then its starbucks. hehe just kidding, or am i.

next time u write chart okie? then i'll play it so i dun mess u up.

cheers mark

Chewy, would look forward to see you there again. Remember the topic is jazz though.

Trading 4 bars each would be a good practice but there are younger drummers who are not as proficient in drumming and might occasionally miscount number of bars. I'll rather not have the 4 bars trade emphasized too much. We wouldn't want to discourage the younger drummers to come up and share.

Anyway, blurred isn't that young after all. He might look young though.

Chun Leng - Trading 4 is good..nice really, but if drummer miscount yes - can finished at 3 Bar or Over the 4-Bar....but it's really nice to gain experience like these you know - - many a time when New into this wah scared like hell - untill today I still scared when it comes to Trading-4...because of these - I play too much (play fast & leave little space inbetween to make the Trade 4 Solo sound good, Musical & Dynamic) - it's really fun, now I try to give Signal when I finished at the 1 on the cymbal for the next player to trade - - Hm.mmm I want to know other ways to giving this kind of Signal To End and it will be nice if you guys can share and show me the other so many methods to pass the Trade...Thanks Yah

wah I am so excited over this Dec Meetup ...

PS: - When my Band Members say "Trade-4" - my blady hands still sweat like hell (mind go blank) kang-cheong liao - but now at least better - The Sticks never fly away from my slippery sweaty hands - damn shy man me..Kekeke. I must learn how to be calm....Hopefully oneday they say "Trade-4, I say Trade Trade lor - then I solo like Buddy Rich like that"...hehehe I must be dreaming.

Last edited:
peiseh ah, i was only rash not anxious. i was cool as a cucumber.

its on me the coffee, but kiss my butt first then its starbucks. hehe just kidding, or am i.

next time u write chart okie? then i'll play it so i dun mess u up.

cheers mark

Go get your own chart la!

Kiss your butt?! KNS! I kiss butts but definitely not yours! LOL!

I did have your WORD about Starbucks ya? Or you chicken out liao is it? LOL!

Chewy, would look forward to see you there again. Remember the topic is jazz though.

Trading 4 bars each would be a good practice but there are younger drummers who are not as proficient in drumming and might occasionally miscount number of bars. I'll rather not have the 4 bars trade emphasized too much. We wouldn't want to discourage the younger drummers to come up and share.

Anyway, blurred isn't that young after all. He might look young though.

Sure sure! See you again bro! I'll probably hang out longer this time if possible.... might have classes at 3pm which I might not be able to cancel...

Blurred ar?! He's whatever age he wants to be la! LOL!

Aiya Mark, just buy him that starbucks lah....your first pay cheque's coming in a week's time anyway...ask those killer musicians how many actually gets a real job immediately after they come back from their studies...you did pretty well me thinks...so be nice & blanja lor...

Aiya Mark, just buy him that starbucks lah....your first pay cheque's coming in a week's time anyway...ask those killer musicians how many actually gets a real job immediately after they come back from their studies...you did pretty well me thinks...so be nice & blanja lor...

Ya la Mark.... one Starbucks nia.... You not poor lor!

Back