8th Soft's Drum Xchange/Meetup - 17th Nov 2007 ! DXS Group Photo-Taking at 3pm

i did not get a chance to play on the mb10s.... but was just sitting there and enjoying the sound of the splash atop the hats....

drum_hobbyist, great to hear that your cymbals are ok. Now we should probably think of some counter measures to prevent such things from happening again. Constantly reminding everyone when going on to play or seomthing ? Heh actually I can't think of anything. A lesson on proper handling and care is the best I feel.

i'll be uploading at 2 places.
1) for previewing quality : www.gigvideos.com

2) for higher quality divx videos and mp3s and photos etc:
http://tinyurl.com/34qbyo

do download the WS File Splitter readme.txt first. read the instructions as box.net has a 10mb limit.total file archive footage/audio/photo on my side is 720mb. have fun.

P.S : "it's 1.30am now , 23 Nov 2007. I've just STARTED uploading, if you don't see much files up yet, because it's still uploading!!"

thanks and enjoy. let me know if there's problems.

99¢ worth

Plainsman - haha... me too just enjoying the sound of those precious when others are playing... the hi-hat really no horse run...

Spinninsticks - surely some of us will give a demo on how to crash a cymbal... in jazz riding and crashing the same cymbal is a skill... must let the cymbal express its full potential...

It's really nice..eee thanks (Ron) blueprintstudios(I love it)

I can have access to : www.gigvideos.com (There are about 4 videos here on DXS 8th Meetup - great) Love The Sound .

But, I can't play the higher quality divx videos and mp3s and photos etc:
Any solution as to how we can View this http://tinyurl.com/34qbyo

Thanks for the great recording and great job done.

hey chewy,sori abt cutting at ur trade towards the end of the video. it was due to my inexperience with trading. it was really fun trading with u though and it was really cool of u for being such a sport when put in such a position when asked.

You ar.....

Young and dangerous la..... don't be so rash and anxious to show off la..... LOL!

Your phrasing was a bit intermittent la... I also dunno where to enter and exit.... that's why I stopped after a while, there wasn't a structure compared to when I jammed with Md Noor which was understood by both when to come in.

I wanted to share and exchange whatever I knew.... isn't that what the Exchange is about? Anyway, I'll try to be there next time and you OWE me coffee! LOL! Starbucks only! Thanks ar!

Last edited:
okie thanks for the tip. be it i'm no md noor. only starbucks hhahahahaa

i was just having fun really, wasn't showing off. maybe it seemed so, but i'd remember wat u said and be more aware.

Okay... whatever the case, everything's cool.... have fun and see you next time. Take care young chap...

Brother Chewy

I think not so nice to say things like Bro Blurred is "Rash & Anxious" or trying to show off at the Xchange, which is totally not true though I had to admit he is a young & talented drummer .... Maybe he is also Fast & Furious when he drives (I dunno), but anyway it's ok - as long as no harm done. He is a nice Brother many of us knows that and so are you taking out time here to share with us all - and we appreciate it very much.

Xchange has always been like these all these while, There are many a time where drummers just wanna have fun and just Jam (literally not knowing each other & understanding each other very well for the 1st few times) - it's not a competition out here and it's definetely not so very formal as in a school.

Have Structure is good No Structure also nevermind (Gary, Dol, AhPek, Jono and all those Drummers there - when they play also have no Planned Structure), it was just a time for us all to just wanna have some Fun there and wack the drums that's all. Please don't take it so hard & personal here.

Warmest Regards

eric

Last edited:
eh, you guys can't play the files or you can't even download???

ok here's in details.

1) http://tinyurl.com/34qbyo

2) go to Page 3

3) scroll download all the way. download WS File Splitter Readme.txt

4) go to Page 4

5) download WS File Splitter.exe

6) download everything else. read "WS File Splitter readme.txt" for instructions.

should be okay from here on.

Thanks Ron for the vids. Yup, the downloads and filesplitter works. Great stuff for everyone to review their own playing.

Love the mic-ing and mix by the way :D

Hi Eric,

LOL! Rash and anxious? That's a phase we all go through ain't it? I remember when I was back from DC and was raring to go and try out my new learnt licks. I'm not trying to be proud here but I was really just stating how I felt that day. Nice or not, the intention was never to hurt anyone. If it was I would have said that at the Exchange there and then ya? That would have had more impact instead of saying it here.

He is nice yeah. That's why I'm nice to him to. Both Mark and myself have agreed to go for some coffee, Starbucks to be exact. His treat actually... LOL! Cos he was saying to me how he was sorry for messing things up during the jam... everything's cool between us really.... =)

Having fun is number one priority for sure! =) I sure had a nice time watching and also sharing whatever I could on that day. Definitely not a competition, cos no prizes that day for those who performed the best. Actually it was quite formal during the clinic section on hindsight, Q&A, sharing of techniques, grooves, very much like a class really IMHO...

When trading, esp jazz, I guess it helps to have each player trade 4 bars or something like that, rather than going on for 5 bars, 3 bars or something "uneven"... That was what threw me off really.

If I took it hard and personal, I wouldn't be prepared to return for the next exchange ya? I'm actually really looking forward to the next time when we'll all meet and hopefully share and learn new stuff from everyone else... it was really a nice time of drumming and I had a ball of a time for sure....

Thanks for organizing this Eric, appreciate it lots... =)

PS next time warn me please before asking me to go up? LOL! I wanna prepare my Dave Weckl piece la and play to the minus drums.... LOL!

Back