10th Soft Drum Xchange Singapore (Meetup) - 26th Jan 2008 !

Ahaha limp bizkit!!!

Anyone here got tabs/score/anything for It'll Be Okay? Love that song, but can't find the drums for it...And its damn hard to tab, level above that of my ears. :(

oohh...nice vid, James. at least i can see clearly what i missed...haha..thanks.

kudos to Brandon Khoo for taking time off his busy schedule and for signing up for DXS membership (wow! so what are the rest of you -who haven't signed up- waiting for? MORE affirmation??).

and kudos of course to myner and smildrumez for the good effort. wasn't easy presenting their segment after Brandon Khoo but hey, they did it.

finally, Goodbye to fun times at Ulu Pandan and looking forward to rocking times at Jurong Green!! YEAH!! :mrgreen:

Photos of Brandon Khoo (from my Nokia N73)

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

At The McDonald – New Home Jurong Green CC.

022.jpg

My New Philippino Drummer Friend Drumming Here who went to this 10th DXS name Jigz calls me the next day saying - “ Brandon Is Simply Awesome.eeeeee” & “When is DXS Next Meetup?”

023.jpg

James, Can you post up the Video - of Brandon Playing the Chinese Rock Song (not the Ballad one) - The one that he Throw the Sticks Up .... Can ? Thank You.

Eric, it is not in the video I uploaded already? You remember if that song is in the earlier part or later part of the session?

Thats the song "Tiao Zan" for the speak chinese campaign that RD is talking about right? I've actually recorded both Tiao Zan and Black May ( + snippets of his Aphelion and Zero Sequence segments) in my handphone, only to find that the sound quality is totally inaudible.. boo hoo~ :mad:

=Phat_Phunk

no problemo saufee...it was great having YOU too!!!! thanks for sharing and holding the fort for the younger ones, am sure quite a few benefited from your informal inputs too ;)

cheers and see y'all soon

James, Can you post up the Video - of Brandon Playing the Chinese Rock Song (not the Ballad one) - The one that he Throw the Sticks Up .... Can ? Thank You.

hey RD...heres the link..of the "making of" the music video of "tiao zhan"..which will be up on cable and youtube soon.. in the mean time..you can enjoy it here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNj892wa9mk

and heres the link of the ballad performed at dragonfly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0q8QprylOE

thank you all for a memorable experience at the drumXchange, I hope it was a learning as enjoyable for you all as it was for me.

Singapore drumxchange has definatly progressed to a better enviorement for learning about the art of "drumming" as compared to when i first attended one of the xchanges very early last year *if im not wrong*

i hope you all learnt something at this xchange... i tried to squeeze in as much things as possible within the limited time i have....if any of you have any queries ...please do drop me a PM. I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

hopefully it can inspire, educate, and help younger drummers aspire to be like any of the featured drummers in the next few up coming drumxchanges. if an artiste can inspire everyday, then i feel that his/her goal is achived and being realized everyday.

so keep an open mind to everything..thats when you'll only start to really learn.

"dont close your mind to great possibilities" - Virgil Donati

..on behalf of my manager (Bernard Ang) and simon yong of (zero sequence) we'd like to thank the people of singapore drumXchange for a job well done.

and a speacial mention to (Mr' Tama Goh) for helping to selflessly supply the P.A. systems, Guitar Amplifiers and the mixerboard.

your efforts in making singapore drumxchange a better place has not gone to waste.
kudoz to you.

warmest regards
brandon khoo

Last edited:
Thank you Brandon - Yes I saw the clips already - with the Stock Throwing (yes this is the song) ... I want to learn that too - hahahaha so stylo milo lar !

I've to say this is a Great Xchange and there just too many people I will have to say : THANK YOU !.

Brandon: for the time and sharing with us all - Yes it's Very Inspiring !

Bernard: - Your Manager izzit - very nice and Friendly man for being there at DXS.

Soft: James of course for sitting there hours just to capture it on Video - Thanks Man.

Alfe & Committee: - Alfe in spite of being down with a Flu - was really busy coordinating all these to make it smooth. The Committee Mel80, Snow, DH, Chun Leng etc etc who had all help in managing the Registration of DXS Members on the day.

Tama Goh (our DXS Advicer) : - What can I say to Tama - Great Guy - He rented all these Equipment and get someone to delivered it for us - so that we can all have a wonderful 10th Meetup - At His Own Expenses (he paid for it actually) - - -

Bernard & Tan AIk Koon : from SWS Orchestra (Ulu Pandan) - Though we have now move to Jurong Green CC - We will never forget the kindness the people of SWS of Ulu Pandan had render DXS which who had enable us to reach our 10th Meetup now- - without them we will never be where we are today without a monthly Venue - - on this I will say - We will still help them if they need our help Bros/Sis - We owe them that.

Most Of all - Thank You All at DXS who was there at this wonderful 10the DXS Meetup - You Have All Make It Happening ! .......

Cheers !

Eric

Brandon ...Hahahahaha the video - -- "Please Buy Me Timmy" is very funny .... Kekekeke !

But - - I can't find it again

Last edited:
Brandon ...Hahahahaha the video - -- "Please Buy Me Timmy" is very funny .... Kekekeke !

But - - I can't find it again

yeah its impulse that we manage to do the brief music video for that song..corny as hell.but it sells..

http://www.myspace.com/fmtimmy

you can view the video at the above myspace address..enjoy!

warning : its boooh liao! but funny... i still cant believe that i did what i did in the video.

Back