OFFICIAL- Show us your kits thread!

nice and compact kits there dude!! u rock :D

but how is the sound? i really never see this kinda kits b4 and wondering how it sound like... possible to describe ? or if u have a sound recording for it will be best ^ ^

Hi All,

Old pictures of my kit:

KICX1360.jpg

KICX1370.jpg

KICX1364.jpg

Drums:

Manu Kathe Jr Hipgig

Zildjian Cymbals (from L to R):

13" A New Beat
20" K Constantinople Light Ride
22" K Constantinople Medium Ride

Will be posting some updated photos soon. I have since changed to a DW 5000 single pedal and had also added a 16" A Custom crash to the right of the 22" Ride

Cheers....

actorial said:
nice and compact kits there dude!! u rock :D

but how is the sound? i really never see this kinda kits b4 and wondering how it sound like... possible to describe ? or if u have a sound recording for it will be best ^ ^

I tuned to the low range where the sound is "fat" which I like it that way. When you play the drums, it is no different from any decent sounding drums. When you hear it from a distant, the sound tends to fade off quickly due to the absence of having shells.

I ever played it at CHIJMES in the wedding hall and the feedback was that it sounds surprising decent. It got to do with the acoustics of that place. Most of all, it got to do with technology. The drumheads are specially manufactured by Evans for the drum kit. The resonance is excellent when you hit them! When the kit is mic, it sounds as good as any decent sounding drums.

That was why I paid $1,400 for mobility and a good sounding kit. I can carry it together with cymbals, snare and the other hardwares alone and move around in a taxi. Give me an hour notice and I will be there ready to drum with half an hour setup...

It's good to see alot of local drummers/musicians having good, pro equipments. Keep it coming!! :D :D

You can make it happen for yourself if you are exploratory and creative in maximising space within the kit. With my kit, I can have a secondary closed hi-hat on the right side of the snare drum. 8)

thanks mon, ur setup did give me some ideas :D for now, am not thinking of acquiring a new drumkit ($$$ factor, amongst others) but for $1,400 with the mobility factor thrown in is definitely worth looking at... have been eyeballing 2 hats for awhile too!! meanwhile ... *digest & file away for reference* :lol:

warm regards

The most important is time... the time to save up the money. Don't see it as spending but investing... as for me, i make drumming a life-long hobby... :wink:

BoogieMan : go www.photobucket.com there to register ur account there and from there u post ur pics online...they will give u a link and u juz have to copy paste to soft and we can go there to see ur kits ^ ^

hope i can post my kits up soon too ^ ^ although a 7 pieces lazer kits :oops:

Ok,

This is what I left behind in Australia when I moved here. It took me many years to get to this stage but I love it.

And yes I did play it all. Enjoy!!!

The Drums are Pearl BLX Birch. Sizes are 2 x 22", 10,12,14,16,18, and 14 x 6.5 Free floating Maple Snare, 12 x 7 Maple secondary snare.

Cymbals are Paiste from left to right.

17” Sound Formula Power Crash, 6” Sound Formula Splash, 14” Signature Heavy Hi Hats, 18” Dimensions Power Crash, 8” Signature Splash, 19” Dimensions Power Crash, 20” 2000 Sound Reflections Power Ride, 20” Sound Formula Power Crash, 12” Signature Micro Hats, 18” Signature Heavy China, 14” Sound Formula Thin China, 18” Innovations Medium Heavy Crash

Percussion

LP Fiberglass Bongos, Roland SPD6 Percussion Pad, Rhythm Tech Drum Set Tambourine, LP Mambo Cowbell, LP Wood Block, Rhythm Tech Scratcher, Rhythm Tech Tambourine, Rhythm Tech Cabasa, Rhythm Tech LIVE Shaker,
Rhythm Tech Studio Shaker, Triangle, Finger Cymbals

MyKitTop.jpg

MyKitRear.jpg

MyKitFront.jpg

Hi boogieman, the pix didn't show here, but i cut, paste the url and the saw the kit, it's beautiful!! :D

[SOFT: I edited the link and it is working now]

Boggieman!!

Ur drums are Teh SEX!!! 8O 8O

Cool setup!!

Awesome cymbals!!!

PS: Put it on Photobucket!!

When TWO wacko drummers meet up, nothing is sparred from insanity.

Well, that's wat happened yester with me and my drumming brother, Pio aka sunsetstone.

Went to 4tones and setup wat we have.

Since this is a "show your kit" thread, WE would like to share too.

Lets just say its a cymbal orgasmic feeling

And Please, no need to complain abt the blurry pictures. We are not professional photographers!!:p

Specs are:

Hihats:

14" AAX Stage hats

Ride:

21" Phil Collin Signature Raw Bell Dry Ride

Crash(es)

15" Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash
16" Sabian HHX Power Crash
18" Sabian AA Metal-X Crash

Splash(es)

10" Sabian Hand Hammered Splash
11" Zildjian Oriental Splash