OFFICIAL- Show us your kits thread!

yea, it is higher end. i think with the effort of hammering n cast metal, it really differs alot from the sheet metal(b8). however sheet metal has their own distinctive sound too. i find it abit unwise to group cymbals in terms of pricing. both have their own fortes. the reason y artists usually uses "high end" cymbals is perhaps due to marketing and the distinct sound they want from those cymbals. we should nv neglect the fact that sumtimes sheet metal might suit the kinda music or effects we wanna create. but whichever your music and your preference man..

thats my personal opinion. don't flame me for tis!! :D

23019727940902l.jpg

My super duper very humble Tama Swingstar. :oops: I stuffed newspaper inside the toms, snare and blanket inside the bass for muffling and the volume is not a problem if u play it in the day. Use it for practising only and I'd say its a good-enough kit at that. :wink:

Oh my...a few more months and you can use the compost in your drums to fertilise your flowers. I respect the effort though. Looks like it helps to muffle a lot.

Edit: and distorted, he's probably left-handed

he's obviously left handed... but i have to admit, that kit looks pretty damn bad. Instead of stuffing it with blankets, just get some sabian quiet tone pads.

the tom angles are quite weird too, but if it works, hey, more power to you... 8)

Hi guys, it's great to see some of your kits in the forum. How should I do that too? Seems like I wasn't able to find a way to post a photo of my kit.

Help...

yoshiki: ur set look old...my 7 pieces lazer kits are 8 year old and doesnt really look that old...hmm...mayb u can try to remove those newspaper and get some rubber pad to mute the sound instead?

juz my opinion :D

Happy new year!!

wow what kind of kit is that? flats?? they're really compact!!

I see you have that little thing johnny rabb uses on his aux snare... i think its called a drumbell or something??? it sounds rad!!!

you have an awesome line of bosphorus cymbals! they're almost non-existent in Singapore. You must have have spent a long time collecting cymbals!!

mean kit you have there! :twisted:

woo!!

i realli like your lp set. where to get those!! anyway if i am nt wrong, bosphorus are quite easily gotten in sg. it is accent music. new shipment should be in. and the splash on the aux snare came many drummers. killer sound. but i tink one of the pioneer was steve smith.

anyway, how u like your pacific snare? i almost bought them!!

Funkifized said:
wow what kind of kit is that? flats?? they're really compact!!

I see you have that little thing johnny rabb uses on his aux snare... i think its called a drumbell or something??? it sounds rad!!!

you have an awesome line of bosphorus cymbals! they're almost non-existent in Singapore. You must have have spent a long time collecting cymbals!!

mean kit you have there! :twisted:

Thanks for the compliments. Purecussion is the brand of the kit. Ordered from the USA back in 1992. The bass drum, the 3 toms and the 2 cymbal arms can be collapsed and fit into a carrier bag and weighs 16 kg. Bosphorus cymbals are found in Accent Music. I don't own any Zildjians because Bosphorus sounds the same and half the price. By the way, I have collected 55 cymbals for the past 19 years. Check out my arsenal of cymbals on the thread "wad cymbals you have"... 8)

weckish said:
woo!!

i realli like your lp set. where to get those!! anyway if i am nt wrong, bosphorus are quite easily gotten in sg. it is accent music. new shipment should be in. and the splash on the aux snare came many drummers. killer sound. but i tink one of the pioneer was steve smith.

anyway, how u like your pacific snare? i almost bought them!!

Got the LP cymbal holder from Swee Lee many years back. I don't think SL has them anymore. You can get the equivalent in Accent. The 10" pacific sanre is a "chilli padi". Played "live" a few times and it gotten the attention of some drummers in the crowd. Should try it as a primary snare. 8)

drum_hobbyist said:
Frummer said:
wow...

arbiter flats + bosphorus = 8)

Not arbiter flats. It is Purecussion + bosphorus or sabian or paiste or meinl or istanbul or trojan... and more on the way... 8)

yea oops...hahah kinda jumped to conclusion!

Anybody wanna donate any cymbals?crap or whatsoever come find me...1 of my boom arms is lonely... :lol:

Latest posts

Back