15" Avedis Sweet hats
21" '60s Avedis ride (Thin)
24" K Light ride

12" x 5" Firecracker

P1264261.jpg

15" Avedis Sweet hats
18" K Constantinople crash
20" K Constantinople Hi Bell Thin High ride
Lovely kit, Jeepers. Looks so perfect! I love everything about it! I've heard so many good things about the 24" K Light! I'd love to try one out, but there's nowhere round these parts with a K Light. :(

Yup it's Pearl's Demon Drive.

Why, thank you, Ali. The 24" K Light is perfect for me. Sweet bell, just-about-perfect stick to wash ratio, lovely crash and shank.

It's got a little competition on the way in though - 22" Legacy Heavy.

That's gonna look great! Can't wait to see it. I've always been a fan of the Legacy heavy ride! :D

Next time I go to Singapore, I'm definitely going to pick up more cymbals. Buying cymbals in Singapore always makes me realize how bad the used market (and drum market in general for that matter) is in Malaysia. :(

Finally, my kit is here and finish setting up. Excited!! Excited!! Excited!!

My beloved birthday present for myself. Enjoy!!

Just Arrived.

All Heads, yet to get them change but the stock head sounds good just that i dun really lke the tuning.

New and old hardware.

Cymbals...Love them...

My pearl Demon Drive doubles.

Last edited:

8x10" tom.

8x12" tom.

12x14" floating tom.

13x16" floating tom.

16x18" floor tom.

16x22" Bass Drum

Last edited:

All Drums.

Hardware up.

Complete setup.

Interior.

Sorry for the small pics as i only set to 3mega pixes. Click on the pic to view bigger.

Cheers guys!! Rock on!! :)

Last edited:
when i see Mr softie present i was like "WTF! DHL, imported stuff? Wah Mr softie macam very rich like that man" Cool set man! DW some more, so many high end cymbals, DEMON DRIVE!! HOw MUch THey COST???!!!

And the place, your own studio?

COOL~

Last edited:
Amazing la bro! Your small pics really don't do justice to the amazing gear you have, so I took the liberty of reposting in huge pictures since I know some ppl lazy to click on the small pics.

Hope you dun mind! You've got to give us specs man on EVERYTHING. :)
Oh yes HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

P.S: I dun really get it WHY IS THE QUESTION ALWAYS ASKED FIRST: HOW MUCH AH! zzz...

We need specs on everything man, and loving all the Ks man, not to mention the FINISH! *still dumbfounded* I think your place can do with a second kit or third to do a drum battle man! *jealous!*
NOT TO MENTION THE HUGE SPACE N SOUDPROOFING YOU GOT. I really need to go down to HK myself to see you man!
Allow me to say "AMAZING MAN" again, best kit in this forum, period.

Last edited:
yo Mr Softie, im interested in how you soundproof your room. It is not a room in room sound-proofin right? Haha.. Btw, you inspire me to get a real drum then a electric one. I think i will save for a pearl 8 piece custom. :)

drumsolo86: I must thank you soooo very much!! I very much wanted to enlarge it but dunno how using imageshack, lol.. Im super computer idiot i must admit. Really appreciate it man.. Owe you BIG one! :)

Dark Heart: I not rich la, specially poor now cos of this set with the studio. wahaha.. i save as much as i can. Im not really into big set but was thinking since its my custom might as well go all out. Din regret at all. I play full time but in HK and Macau now. Rental in Macau is much cheaper so was thinking of settling down here and open up my drum studio. Talking about the studio, i engaged a contractor and partitioned a big part of an already studio. Its double layer sound proofing, meaning, 2 thinner walls in a room. The contractor gotta paste a layer of foam first then another, so yes, 2 doors as well. Bought all the soundproof foam from one of the suppliers for Tom Lee Hong Kong. Still need to install air condtion and the lights, 4 life saving light bulbs only though lol. Dunno whether you utd or not but i will go back and take pictures of it and post it here so maybe u guys can consider doing it yourself. I hope i can do it myself too but really dun have the time. Oh ya will for the price of the kit, check PM. :)

Specs wise:

DW Collectors Maple
Bass Drum: 16 x 22"
Snare Drum: Collectors 6 x 13" (Die cast hoop.)
Tom 1: 8 x 10" (Triple flanged hoop.)
Tom 2: 10 x 12" (Triple flanged hoop.)
Tom 3: 12 x 14" (Triple flanged hoop.)
Tom 4: 13 x 16" (Triple flanged hoop.)
Floor Tom: 16 x 18" (Triple flanged hoop.)

I ordered DW 9000 series double tom holder with cymbal stand (9934) to mount my 1st and 2nd tom and 2 single tom stand (9999) to mount my 3rd and 4th tom respectively. Both comes with cymbal stand as well. Another DW 9000 hi hat stand. Super heavy duty and does the job well i muz say. As for the rest of the hardware are those which are bought during these years of my drumming career. Oh i bought another brand new tama cymbal stand and attachment too.

Cymbals left to right:
Zildjian 16" K Custom Hybrid Crash
Zildjian 6" A Custom Splash
Zildjian 8" K Splash
Zildjian 14" K Light Hi-Hat
Zildjian 17" K Custom Fast Crash
Zildjian 12" A fast Splash
Zildjian 16" K Custom Dark Crash
Zildjian 20" K Custom Hybrid Ride
Zildjian 16" K Dark Crash
Zildjian 20" China. (Han Jia Er)

As for the demon drive pedal i bought like 2 weeks before my kit arrives but i dun bear to even unwrap to use in the club..lol. Was thinkin of preserving it to the best of my effort so thinkin of using the pedal strictly in my studio, think you guys are aware that the Demon Drive pedal is quite easily scratched. Price wise well well well, I got 10% discount, its about 20-30% cheaper than our Pearl distributor after their discount. I already bought their last piece in HK and next shipment is June. Somehow the sales guy told me that initially the response wasnt that good cos of the price and its pretty new so seldom pple try but all the reviews were good so they ran out of stock.

Last edited:
yo Mr Softie, im interested in how you soundproof your room. It is not a room in room sound-proofin right? Haha.. Btw, you inspire me to get a real drum then a electric one. I think i will save for a pearl 8 piece custom. :)

Hi answered your question. Pearl i guess you can consult Alvin. Get his masterworks series or even the reference series but... they're super heavy and cost you a bomb in shipping.

Back