OFFICIAL- Show us your kits thread!

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, very nice. I, personally, would've have gone for the New Classics (in bop sizes, as well) though. New Classics are very well-made - not saying the the CCs are not, but for me, I would eventually want to move on from the CC.

18"x16" kick?

Oh, and I'm interested to know how much, as well. Thanks!

Haha jeepers wouldn't we all love us a gretsch NC kit!!! They're like triple the price though so I can see why the cat jazz is that much more attractive.

Thanks! Gretsch makes the best finishes around IMO on top of their great sound.

You should check out other offered finishes like: the classic WMP (White Marine Pearl) and my other favourite Walnut Glaze. Looks so good you can eat it, and the last thing you wanna do is to get exact same finish kit as someone else wouldn't it?

For those with rock in mind, check out the Catalina Maple. Shin studio has two of them in Honey Amber and Red Cherryburst finishes I think. Comes with a 22" kick. The toms sound fantastic.

Catalina is great sounding and value for the money, but if you want a professional line from Gretsch, Renowns and even the retro New Classics are the way to go. But Ranking/Music Theme as far as I know only bring the Catalina Maple/Jazz and once or twice, the Renowns. Overseas buying the way to go because options locally are very limited, honestly.

Nice kit drumsolo 86, hope you remember me. I sold you my 17" K Custom fast crash long time ago lol.. Anyway, my kit is still in the process but cant wait to show you guys!

:)

Last edited:
I just sold off my below Gretsch Catalina Jazz Kit last nite – I was thinking since I never used it at all (and a friend so happens to asked me) , so I might as well sell it to him who will make good use of it….rather than leaving it at home – like a While Elephant.

It is fitted all with Evans G1 Heads (Batter and Reso) – and Evans J1 Batter for snare – all untouch (NEW) --- and I have dine up a Mic-Hole to make it look nice)

A Very nice Kit indeed and I have only play it 3 times since the day I bought it (for fun at home) – SOLD at S$800.00

Just Sold My Gretsch
2-2.jpg

1-2.jpg

The websitse says its 14" but definitely feels like a 16" doesn't it. I went to compare against my old stagestar and it's wider. The kick is BIGGER than most people think. Best bop kit under 1k you can buy!

Wonder who was the lucky person who got your Cat Jazz? White Marine Pearl is a classic in bop sizes.

To Mr Softie: I do recall it was a long time ago, what drums are those? Thanks for the compliments, loving my Gretsch. Your drums, they're being made frm scratch? Custom order?

It sounds like a 16" because it has got a coated G1-style resonant head (pre-muffled) and it has got the famous 30-degree bearing edges which projects a warm, round, classic tone.

How would I know ? I have the White Marine Pearl Cat Club Jazz set for some time now (but not the same from RudimentalDrummer). The (Maple) Bass Drum Hoop that comes with my set is in matching white marine pearl which makes it bigger aestically.

AND you know what they say - If it looks bigger, it sounds bigger :)

A tip to make the bass sound more round - throw in a Fiberskyn Ambassador, tune it well, and you have a bass that sounds like those 42" Concert Bass :)

Some good tips here: http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/remo-fiberskyns-and-2nd-9606.html and Gosh - does it ever make your set look so vintage :)

Last edited:
To Mr Softie: I do recall it was a long time ago, what drums are those? Thanks for the compliments, loving my Gretsch. Your drums, they're being made frm scratch? Custom order?

It does looks deep man. Hehe. Remember meeting you at vivo. Ya i actually custom make it from DW. That's why im so excited. Have been building my kit for sometime. :)

I love the Gretsch Champaign Color Kit (belonging to drumsolo ) than my MW Kit – It is the “ Ideal and Preffered all time Most-Favourites for a Gretsch Jazz Kit “ especially during the old days – those Round Batch Kit …

Great Taste drumsolo and very beautiful Champaign Color Kit indeed you have. I love the color very very much too.

It does looks deep man. Hehe. Remember meeting you at vivo. Ya i actually custom make it from DW. That's why im so excited. Have been building my kit for sometime. :)

Indeed it does! It's huge I tell you, you've gotta try one to know wad i mean. I thought it was gonna be tiny. What custom DW kit going on here, good stuff. The wrap looks like WMP too? Or? Maybe you want to provide the specs for us first as a teaser :)

To Rudimental: Yeah you know your stuff! 60's Gretsch Round Badge Jazz kits are classics, hopefully I can own one myself in the future in Champagne Sparkle too like this one! Those sounding totally different from these, but this one aesthetically is amazing too. I can't stop looking at it sometimes when I'm not playing, it's just a pretty lady in elegant colours. Thanks Eric

I hope you know that the Round Badge Sound is not for everyone.

Have you guys checked out Burgundy Sparkle. That is the shiznit.

Indeed it does! It's huge I tell you, you've gotta try one to know wad i mean. I thought it was gonna be tiny. What custom DW kit going on here, good stuff. The wrap looks like WMP too? Or? Maybe you want to provide the specs for us first as a teaser :)

U almost got it! White Twisted Marine wrap dude. Its a new wrap according to the rep from DW. Below are the specs:

DW collectors' series Maple.
Bass Drum: 16 x 22"
Snare Drum: Collectors 6 x 13"
Tom 1: 8 x 10"
Tom 2: 10 x 12"
Tom 3: 12 x 14"
Tom 4: 13 x 16"
Floor Tom: 16 x 18"

Getting some hardware (tom mount) from DW too. Im not really into big kit but was thinking since im going to custom make anyway, I might as well do it big. Luckily i have quite a bit of my own cymbals and hardware. Think my kit will reach me in about a month time. Cant wait to set it up. Hehe... Really very fun and exciting to see my kit build out from nothing though. Was considering the btw pearl reference kit and this.

Anway, care to pm me how much is your shipping? Cos i think im getting quite a good deal from my dealer and he's nice and super fast in responding too.

Cheers! :)

U almost got it! White Twisted Marine wrap dude. Its a new wrap according to the rep from DW. Below are the specs:

DW collectors' series Maple.
Bass Drum: 16 x 22"
Snare Drum: Collectors 6 x 13"
Tom 1: 8 x 10"
Tom 2: 10 x 12"
Tom 3: 12 x 14"
Tom 4: 13 x 16"
Floor Tom: 16 x 18"

Getting some hardware (tom mount) from DW too. Im not really into big kit but was thinking since im going to custom make anyway, I might as well do it big. Luckily i have quite a bit of my own cymbals and hardware. Think my kit will reach me in about a month time. Cant wait to set it up. Hehe... Really very fun and exciting to see my kit build out from nothing though. Was considering the btw pearl reference kit and this.

Anway, care to pm me how much is your shipping? Cos i think im getting quite a good deal from my dealer and he's nice and super fast in responding too.

Cheers! :)

Those are some interesting sizes there. 22x16" kick? And 3 floor toms too? The last one easily a bop bass drum if you wanted. Yeah and they sent you pictures of the drums while they're being built? I think we all look forward to the pictures. I haven heard of the Twisted Marine Pearl and I'll be looking forward!

Haha ya quite a big bass drum. No la, i only havin the 18" floor tom, the rest are all mounted. Im using a DW double tom mount, 9934, to mount the 1st and 2nd tom, and using 2 single tom mount, 9999, to mount the 3rd and 4th tom. All tom mounts are also cymbal stands with boom.

About the pics, the dealer actually did ask for the pics from DW but was afraid to keep pestering them but i kinda dealt before with the rep from DW, so I kinda 'know him', manage to ask him take some pics from his cell phone which he did. Super super service. :)

Replied to your pm dude. Lots of things which better not be posted here.

Tempus Fiberglass Jellybean.

P1264265.jpg

15" Avedis Sweet hats
21" '60s Avedis ride (Thin)
24" K Light ride

12" x 5" Firecracker

P1264261.jpg

15" Avedis Sweet hats
18" K Constantinople crash
20" K Constantinople Hi Bell Thin High ride

Back