Singapore Idols 2006 Season 2

honestly? half the guys who watch that show are probably watching for Jasmine Tye. me, I watch so I can laugh. it's so mean but it's my only vice these days, I swear. Singapore Idol isn't even trying la, what d'you mean try too hard?
and there's even a mistake in the name. it's American Idol, not America Idol right? so shouldn't it be Singaporean Idol?

because in AI, all of the contestants needs to be American. It's not Singaporean Idol, cause it's not mandatory for the participants to be Singaporean. Jessea Thyidor wasn't Singaporean.

ixora05 said:
Singapore Idol isn't even trying la, what d'you mean try too hard?

What i meant to say was they're trying too hard to immitate American idol. From the judges to the hosts to... well practically the whole show. Its sorta a fake, staged act.

hahah I see. yep, agreed. can see the attempted parallels. IMO--the original is the original la. too bad we didn't get to see the original that spawned American Idol though--Pop Idol, the one Simon Cowell created in Britain.

i seem to be racking up the mistakes here. sorry man. I seem to recall reading something where Cowell was involved in the negotiating of American Idol. mind must've made the link.
sorry for hijacking the thread!

this season ain't good. you call that talent(not sayin that i got any)? but singapore should take things slow. give it a few years for a few more proasses to come out before they host another sg idol. everythings goin too fast.

can i say something ?
I seriously cant believe joakim made this far..!! And hopefully not any furthur, he just cant sing.

commenting abt whether SGIdol is about singing or not doesn't require me to be able to sing.
this is like those silly threads where people say they don't like a certain genre and then the supporters of that genre go "Oh you mean you're very good". All I need to judge whether the show is about singing or not is simply A) observe trends and B) a pair of working ears. no need good vocal chords.

Back