Singapore Idols 2006 Season 2

ken's comments are always so boring, he just gives constructive criticism but never praises anyone of them. Even Simon knows how to praise people, seems like no one is good enough for ken....meh!

maybe he's trying to be a singapore version of Simon,but not in a cool way.sometimes i dont really care about the judges' comments.
and,i kinda like Twohill.oh yeah.

Taylorboy87 said:
ken's comments are always so boring, he just gives constructive criticism but never praises anyone of them. Even Simon knows how to praise people, seems like no one is good enough for ken....meh!
Singaporeans known for copycats.

Ken Lim
is an album producer, composer, publisher, artist manager and concert promoter from Singapore. Most recently, he came under the spotlight in 2004 as part of the trio of judges in Singapore Idol, and his witless remarks and deadpan expressions invariably drew comparisons with Simon Cowell.

He has had two decades of significant contribution with regards to the development of Singapore's pop culture. He currently runs one of Singapore's most creative and prolific record companies, Hype Records, a set up that promotes music and artists across the Asia Pacific region with record production, recording facilities, artist management, concert promotions, campaign management, publishing and television and film productions.

Timeline of Achievements
1977 - Started career at the young age of 13 when he was awarded a scholarship from The Yamaha School of Music and participated actively in concerts and performances all over Asia;
1981 - Awarded ‘The Most Outstanding Composition Award’ at the Asia Popular Song Festival at the age of 17;
1984 - Represented Singapore at the prestigious Seoul Song Festival held in Korea with composition ‘I Live In The past’;
1985 - Awarded the ‘Most Outstanding Television Theme Song’ for 2 consecutive years;
1987 - Composition featured in Miss Universe Pageant opening segment hosted by Singapore;1991~Commissioned to produce the official theme songs for the XI Asian Games in Beijing;
1993 - Commissioned to produce XVII Sea Games in Singapore;
1994 - Released debut album entitled ‘Empyrean’ under the EMI International label;
1995 - Secured a record-breaking recording contract for Stella Chang Chin Fang with EMI International;
1998 - Commissioned by the Television Corporation of Singapore to write, produce and brand its channel with the theme ‘Your World at Home on 5’;
2001 - Commissioned by Ministry of Information and the Arts to produce the new version of the National Anthem of Singapore, 'Majulah Singapura';
2001 - Wrote‘The ‘V’ in you’ (performed by Dreamz FM, a local pop group), to commemorate the international year of volunteers’’ (Was the first Asian composition to be presented and performed at the United Nations Assembly in New York. This prestigious invitation was both Singapore’s and Asia’s first cultural presence at the United Nations);
2002 - Partnered Tsui Hark, Hong Kong’s top film director, and produced the world’s first cyber recording artistes, AM FM and won the prestigious Siggraph awards in New Orleans.

Grooming of Local Talents
He is credited for discovering and developing numerous talents in the likes of Jessica, Gurmit Singh, Kym Ng, Zann, Dreamz FM, Stella Ng, RuiEn, etc, etc.

He is also responsible for exporting many local artistes in the likes of Ann Kok, Fann Wong, Phyllis Quek, Michelle Saram to Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia and China.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Lim"

Taylorboy87 said:

coz there's none of them deserve to be praised...
if you see american idol,most of the contestants can sing,know the technique and have lots of experience/professional
singapore idol,imo,most of them dunno much bout singing technique and no stamina,just go for fun and hope something will happen to them,if one of the top5 contestants from last season join this season singapore idol,they confirm can win already,the standard suddenly drop like hell...

yea, american idol's ppl either gig regularly, or sing in the church choir. but sg one... haii... tho i know paul and jon gigs.. but haii...

america is a country where lots of people sing for a living,
and since young, most of them will try their luck on singing.

if you can't study in US, you can try other things.

In Singapore when you are young - STUDY STUDY STUDY!!!

sgtpepper said:
america is a country where lots of people sing for a living,
and since young, most of them will try their luck on singing.

if you can't study in US, you can try other things.

In Singapore when you are young - STUDY STUDY STUDY!!!

You can be the difference. Why don't you try something other than study?

ahkiatt said:
yea, american idol's ppl either gig regularly, or sing in the church choir. but sg one... haii... tho i know paul and jon gigs.. but haii...

i'll bet u they sang in their school choir (hence the outcome)

Did you guys see the new commercial for Singapore Idol? Haha. Nice.

"Singapore Idol really IS a singing competition..."

EDIT: the song(s) the used was nice.

Rahimah is out, still can't believe it. Now all the fans need to do is not vote for Hady and Mathilda and i don't know what'll happen to SI. And yeah, what song is that? The solo sounded pretty insane ..

hady good what...evrytime from beggining get good comments.. i nvr heard of a bad comment from the judges b4...correct me if im wrong :wink:

Back