Pedalboard Pictures!

My fairly small, kinda messy, but functional pedalboard. Not a fan of modulation, so a simple delay is good enough. I like a really good and versatile OD/Dist sound though. :)

pedalboard2011.jpg

> Jekeko Wah > MI Audio Boost n Buff > CAL Holy Fire > Ethos Overdrive (TLE) > Wampler AnalogEcho >

If I'm not wrong Davis distributes CAL products, not sure if they have the holy fire. Either that or he bought online lor.

guitarsan: May I ask how on earth did you get the ethos so scratched up? haha.

@guitarsan: Wah lao.. u have show mao and an ethos drive?! com'on man... at least pass on the ethos to my daft constituency!

How'd you find the Holy Fire? I remember gassing for it quite a while ago..

I like it a lot. I bought it to replace my Blackstar HT-Dual. It got that very tube-like dynamics and response as the HT. However it sounds much clearer and quieter (in fact the quietest I ever heard) than the HT, albeit less gain. The 3 "G.O.D." knobs are also very interactive, you get wide tonal spectrum from mild overdrive to saturated distortion. The clean boost (gain knob) is the same circuit as the MK 4.23 boost, so it's extremely transparent. Likewise is the overdrive. Anyway, it's very much like this demo clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiKbO4zEI6E&feature=related

Cons: Despite being lighter in weight (than the HT), it runs on 48V with a separate adapter, which can be a turn-off for some. And the steel casing gets hot after a while...not good for delicate sensitive skin. And the OD/distortion is totally different from the tube screamer kind of sound. So it may not be to everyone's liking and preference.

To sum it up, I would say this pedal is like Blackstar HT-Dual/Dist meets Paul Cochrane's Tim/Timmy.

guitarsan: May I ask how on earth did you get the ethos so scratched up? haha.
Haha. Ok, long story cut short. I bought the Ethos in mid 2008. After a year, due to humidity, gaps of air formed between the outer plastic layer and the casing, and the wordings was not visible. So itchy hands warranted that the plastic layer must be removed at all cost, but tragically to a disastrous and irreversible result, due to hands with the finesse of a gorilla.

Migskulit: You seem to like those suhr pedals eh haha. Nice board.

Heres mine.. Replaced the FGC with the Signa comp and just got the gramps+ but it isn't mine haha, great sounding fuzzy distortion tho.. Thanks edgie!

Pedalboard12.jpg

Haha sweet! Fits perfectly.. Good thing its slightly smaller than the lovepedal.

Btw, your OCD has made me clean up the wiring under my board haha. Its all cable tied under one of the bars of the pt-2 heh.

oh me, oh my... the LM.. where do i start..

First lesson I learnt playing with a friend's Mayo a while back is that the knobs on Skreddy pedals are INCREDIBLY interactive (no not like Facebook buttons!). Basically every twist of one knob reveals new sounds in relation to the position of the other 4 (yes 4) knobs. From full on over your head articulate in your face distortion (not really my thing, but magical none the less), to fully bodied obese fuzz to light mayer-ish fuzz, to sweet light-mid OD. No spitty fuzz factory type of sounds here though. I'm starting to wish this thing had preset buttons.

How I'm using it: Basically the way I set it up, the yellow side on my KoT is always on. So think, the best transparent touch intuitive OD ever that's already jangling and getting dirty as you're digging into your strings, BUT you need this something to bring it together and give you THAT violin lead tone you've always had in your mind (or at least the one i have always had in my head). Enter the Lunar Module. BAM. Suddenly the guitarists in the room are looking at you like.. WOW this guy's playing SO loud and it's not pissing me off!

Thats the LM in a nutshell. lol.. to me.

I also use it when I need dirty saturated feedbackie chunk chunk rhythm (if that makes sense).

This one's a major keeper, until something better comes along.

I'm looking to sell my Lovepedals to get more Skreddy (hint hint.. help me ppl!).

Last edited:
Migskulit: Nice board you have. I am a fan of suhr products too. :) May i ask where did purchase your volume pedal from? Locally or shipped over?

Migskulit: Nice board you have. I am a fan of suhr products too. :) May i ask where did purchase your volume pedal from? Locally or shipped over?

Tnx bro..I have no volume pedal here. If your talking about the EWS SVC, I bought it in EBENEX..I they still have some..It's useful especially if you're far from amp or using different guitars.. :)

268864_10150307819227640_505107639_9012035_4766243_n.jpg

Sort of finalising my board. Hopefully I can stick with this and focus on writing. Being completely broke after the Blackstone Mosfet OD and blueSky should help cure the gas.

Back