Pedalboard Pictures!

yo lordie!
i try not to use noise gates but for cutting out noise, i dig my old ISP decimator. cant go wrong bro!

i think the newer g-string (what a name!) supposed to be better

noise clamp...err...i dunno:p

I'm half surprized iceman hasnt asked this yet:

YUNO.jpg

y u no like noiseeee????

The thing about ISP Decimator G String is the dual input, one for before dirt and one for after, to help in tracking the attack. Normal noise gates have problem when switching from clean to distorted; if the difference is too much, you need to change the threshold setting which is impossible to do playing live. I've never owned one but have heard it in action a few times, always impressed me.

i'm not so educated on overdrives but i love the kal's sound. on its own or stacked with a BOR dialed low with the SHO side kicking its arse :)

edit: i did think about the KOT. so many positive opinions. but neither the ebay prices nor analogman's production schedule agree with my rules hahah...so...its on to the next thing for me lah LOL

i guess lovepedal isnt alone in their practices but i do wish they would keep a pedal in production longer LOL. everytime they come ou with something its like a mad rush against the clock

ya wck, they might seem 'weird' or silly, but as an average salaried joe with family, they help keep things in perspective for me :)

The first 2 are really practical actually. Cos once you reach a certain price range for anything, the quality jump is very minimal but the price increases exponentially. Some people don't mind paying for that small improvement and that fine. For waitlists, I just get on them and life goes on la..

Yeah, but to me they're on of the worst ones. With them making overhyped clones and limited status which keeps demand up, good for business but not very ethical. Thats why I choose not to buy their stuff.

oh looks like my friends will have to wait a long long time or find someone else to replace me haha.
yea was looking at the kalamazoo.
it's awesummmmmm.
I dig it but i'm not in a rush.

Nevermind.

The thing about ISP Decimator G String is the dual input, one for before dirt and one for after, to help in tracking the attack. Normal noise gates have problem when switching from clean to distorted; if the difference is too much, you need to change the threshold setting which is impossible to do playing live. I've never owned one but have heard it in action a few times, always impressed me.

yeah thats what i need, i need mostly for live shows, for studio or jamming, etc. i have no issue with noise, but at gigs and venues depends on backline, power, etc.. theres a zillion noises which makes certain parts like breakdowns, etc.. very noticeable. it need to be very clean for certain parts and those are the parts that matters.

I'm sorry.. that made me laugh my ass off in my cubicle. Bet my colleagues are freaked out right about now.

superpotato_30 (aka potatoman): ahh dont do that man.. u make me wanna get a higher gain mod version KOT!

@skipper: hahah i already have a KoT high gain on my board. The second one is for well.. $$ ;) heheh

@ice: The positive opinions are for a reason heh. The demos online all sucked but i nevertheless took the long shot and it was more than worth it.

@wck yes the kal to me seems like one of the most successful ODs so far hehe.

no doubt man

in a way, i am thankful for da KOT's price and waitlist...help me to save money for a new amp LOL

Jon: The lemon drop sounds interesting man.. Definitely not the regular tubescreamer or marshall type of dirt box, 2 of which I'm bored of haha.

jms, do u face any noise or other issues with using the 1spot with the eventide?
im thinking of replacing my eventide's wart with a dedicated 1spot (smaller lah and can fit into a pp2+ aux port)
thanks brother! :)

Last edited:
Back