Pedalboard Pictures!

Way huge pedals aren't too familiar round these parts, how's your pork loin treating you?

Oh and is Domo true-bypass?

The Pork Loin's my give's my entire tone a bit more beef. I like it's ability to combine the chimey side of the clean tone with a mild mild extremely mild overdrive. hAHa! But it's sweet really.

But domo's definitely true bypass, very silent.. but not much tone hAHAHA!

hai guyz, pardon if i'm off topic, but i'm embarking on a quest to build my own pedalboard/flightcase, anyone know where to get the parts locally? like the butterfly clips, handles, laminated plywood, etc? thanks in advance!

I once built a DIY pedalboard, using extra pieces of hinges, handles, plywood, from a furniture bought from the IKEA store. Hope this helps.

hai guyz, pardon if i'm off topic, but i'm embarking on a quest to build my own pedalboard/flightcase, anyone know where to get the parts locally? like the butterfly clips, handles, laminated plywood, etc? thanks in advance!

It helps to draw out what you wanna build. Basically, I used to make my own pedalboard out'f just plywood and velcro. All I need was a good thin saw, plywood, glue, nails, a hammer and velcro. Velcro, I bought the T-rex velcro from Davis at $16 or $14(can't rmbr) for 10feet for both sides of the velcro. The hammer, saw, nails and glue and also if u need; sand paper, I got it from my local hardware store. You should get cable ties if you want to. Think they cost about $2-$3 for a pack of 50 at home fix. Some manual labour and hard work.. you should get a decent plank-o-wood to place ur pedals on. But ofcourse, most importantly have the final image in mind... and.. u can get those butterfly clips and what not at a local hardware store or those at neighbourhood shopping centres.. for the wood. I bought ply-basswood from artfriend. The A3 sized ones were about $6.

Hope this helps dude. All the best!

Going to be using this one for a performance...

Thinking to go without a booster and rely on the good old volume pot.

pedalboard20110125.jpg

This pedalboard also has evidence of my fickle guitarist mind... the blackstone OD is back, again. For the third time. Shame on me.

What's your take on the Blackstone OD? Really regret not picking the one up from classifieds a couple months ago. I need something that gives me a reliable starting point when running into different solid state amps, anything from low-wattage Laney to a Roland Jazz Chorus. The Boss FDR-1 ('65 Deluxe Reverb) was fun for a while as an "amp sim" but ultimately not a great drive.

Yeap, it's a BYOC Script Phaser with 2 additional controls. I think they are Feedback and Resonance or something - quite subtle and I tend to adjust them to full off, 12 o'clock or full on when playing live. In the bedroom, the changes are more obvious but still subtle.

carboxymoron, the Blackstone OD has worked on everything ranging from a Marshal MG15, Gries 5, Smarvos, huge Marshal stacks (Mode 4 and JCM 2000 I believe), Reverend Goblin 15, Jazz Chorus 50 & 120... I can even try it on my tiny Ibanez table top amp if you would like me to. :p
However, note that the BS has to be matched to the guitar. So you set the BS to sound great with your guitar, not the amp.
I don't worry about what amp I have to run the BS into, I worry if I have to switch guitars. So I only have 1 guitar, see the wisdom? Heh.
So far, the BS is the only transistor-based od/dist pedal that has me smitten.
If you got the time, go try a Subdecay Liquid Sunshine. I had both before and I liken the LS to a poor man's BS. There are similarities but the BS sounds richer and less scratchy plus there's a 3-D depth to the tone. The LS sounds quite lifeless in comparison. Of course, this is a bedroom comparison. If the $ difference matters and the audience is your tone judge, then go for the LS for a similar feel.

ShredCow: I might try out the Liquid Sunshine then, but the Blackstone has two channels... and just looks damn sexy. Hahaha. And yup I understand about the setting to your guitar part. Sounds perfect. Thanks!

Cool. The BS has more gain than the LS btw, but the LS is definitely more "user friendly" than the BS.

Btw, what's this J&D 7 string you got? PM me about it...

Going to be using this one for a performance...

Thinking to go without a booster and rely on the good old volume pot.

pedalboard20110125.jpg

This pedalboard also has evidence of my fickle guitarist mind... the blackstone OD is back, again. For the third time. Shame on me.

And it did NOT work out.

So here's the "compromise"

IMG_4088.jpg

No more chorus... added a Flying Dragon clean boost (cleanest boost ever...) and a nice little buffer at the beginning of the chain to retain tonal consistency.

I need to consider getting a treble bleed done to my guitar to the intensity of how an Ibanez PGM does it. Hmmmm...

where did you get your High Gain Monster from? It looks like an interesting pedal....if only I could try it :D

I got it direct from the maker, http://www.youtube.com/user/maxzdaduang
I think G77 brought some in. You can run the HGM at 9 - 18 volts for different feel/headroom.

It's quite similar to a WAY HUGE pedal... can't rem the name but it's one of WAY HUGE's gain monsters or something. Does not do metal but hard rock okay.

Did a lame vid (i.e. no musicality) to test out the sound quality with the new bare knuckle pups.

You live near me right? Can either hop over on an evening or meet me @ the music school i teach (Katong area) on Saturday mornings.

Last edited:
Back