Pedalboard Pictures!

Well jms, the 616 is really a cool delay well worth the money. So far i feel that i am not totally utilising all of its capabilities, cause it can really get from a nice warm analog delay to anything that is out of this world (you got to be gentl with the modulation knob!).....a crazy little delay imo lol but in a very good way.

Currently i am pairing it with the time machine to get a layered delay effect, time machine doing the long spacy delay and the 616 set to a modulated short/medium delay.

Now the question of GAS still remain or does it???........to change the Nova Reverb for the Hardwire RV-7 or not?? Aiyoh headache.......

now since someone has open a topic on the 616, do i get the dm2 for the mojo or the 616 for its weirdness? i already have DMM for my usual delay stuff, looking for either one for slapback and occasionally for oscillation. how how how, gas gas gas

Eehhhhh well i think if u spent enough time with the 616, u can get something that is close to the DM-2 but i dun think it can ever sound exactly like one. The 616 is a rather tweakable delay and versatile pedal.....well if u r into the crazy stuff u can have a go at the 616.....honestly nothing to lose, at most sell it away if u dun dig it and i am sure it can be sold off pretty quick hehe.

Last edited:
now since someone has open a topic on the 616, do i get the dm2 for the mojo or the 616 for its weirdness? i already have DMM for my usual delay stuff, looking for either one for slapback and occasionally for oscillation. how how how, gas gas gas

The DMM is king for modulated delays. Prefer it over my Skreddy Echo. For slapback the Way Huge Aqua Puss is really nice. The reissue is great. Much more available than the DM-2

much agreed abt the DMM. aqua puss is ok but im quite anal about colour co-ordination on my board. currently my board is in either red,black,chrome, or all ala DMM. a blue box would upset it ahahaha.

Just want to add that the 616 has a modulation switch and control that can be disengaged for the normal analog delay tone. Imo having the modulation control on the surface makes tweaking very easy as compared to the DM2 and aquapuss that have fixed bias level of modulation.

DM-2 and Aqua Puss doesn't have modulation.

He already has the DMM which really imo kills all other modulated delays.

MrBukka; yup, even the memory boy i owned in my past life had great modulation. 616 almost comes close because you can control the speed and rate, but nothing is weirder and cooler than the Ehx memory family. you shud try the DMM straight away dude. and thanks guys for the opinions, will be looking out for dm2

38159_413537503772_751253772_4582534_5414120_n.jpg

Korg Pitchblack -> Vox V847 wah -> Foxrox Octron -> ZVex Mastotron -> ZVex Box Of Metal -> ZVex Distortron -> Electronix Submarine -> DoD Fx64 Ice Box

Oh manz my bad lol. Well i shall not deny that the DMM is definitely a winner and one of the best delays in the history of efx period. Well i would have gotten it if not for the chasis size......i guess i have to make do with the 616 for the time being as it is serving me very well.

P.S. Happy delay hunting and i am sure u can find what u want in no time! Cheers!

dmm is indeed in a class of its own, but seriously, there are more out there delay which tgp forums or booteek fellas dont talk much about, those can go to unknown land as well

An example is the moog delay, what it can do, is way beyond more geetar delay, together with the rest of moogerfooger with CV/LFO controlling the setting and inter modulating in between. Its more deep beyond the usual guitar based delay effect.

heh, and of course, if you guys into vst, midi controller and laptop, there are more delay vst which can route and route around until the sound can make a tune on its own.

Delay history?? Duh, seriously, we have not tried enough to talk about delay history lah...

oh no oh no spare me from this.. i just need a spaceyness to my guitar solos please slap a dd3 at the end of my signal chain!

37676_147523551927769_100000103740917_436539_5433560_n.jpg

MY NEW OCTAVE PEDAL(with built in chorus and reverb).WORTH THE MONEY.BETTER THAN MICRO POG (IMHO)
AND MY LATEST AUTO WAH PEDAL.ITS A MUST IN UR PEDALBOARD!

37847_147523728594418_100000103740917_436541_1436119_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back