Pedalboard Pictures!

i see. haha can la. i carry it around just fine. lol. the m9 does still tempt me.. can replace alot of stuff.

Hmmmm so much talk about the M9.......makes me wanna down size too.......getting old and misse board is getting too god damn heavy........just have the M9 with 7th and vol pedal hmmmmm.......OMG GAS ATTACK!!

Btw keithC, just wanna ask how are the M9 drive sounds? Any good things to talk about? Cause there are many divided opinions on the drive sounds of the M9.......

you have asked the right person! hahahah my guitar teacher loves the m9 sounds and has a particular tone combination in which he mixes the mxr dynacomp with the tube drive. it gives you this kinda fluid high sustain low gain tone which resembles eric johnson's tone by quite a bit HOWEVER.

i find to really enjoy the m9s drives you still need to have a very responsive tube amp. though what im hearing is great from my ac4tv, the feel cannot match just running into the seventh alone. things like pick attack and all, i dont really know how to describe this but it just doesnt feel very right. it feels like whatever im playing is coming out the same, and a bit of expression is lost. it feels unatural when im digging into the strings.
i've tried everything i could to get a more amp-like response, and it improves when i play live in church with a huger amp, but in no way as dynamic as the seventh. i've tried convincing myself i dont need the seventh and i can live with the m9 only, but i think i wont live a very satisfied person! Noise is also a teeny weeny issue with the drives..

my conclusion is that you need to test drive the m9 for a few days at least to be able to feel the difference.. yep! and also it wont feel very awesome through small bedroom amps.

Last edited:
26123_418176536538_645401538_5613715_3245750_n.jpg

Havent posted in quite awhile, so here goes...

Thanx for your personal review keithC! Currently i do own a 7th and i am thinking of building a small board around the M9 cause lugging around my full size board while not driving is really a pain in the ass and freaking heavy.......the concern that i have is whether the M9 is adequate by itself and what pedals are need to accompany it, but i guess with your comments i have a much clearer picture that it needs the 7th and a vol pedal for my setup!

Wahaha Ized my man it has really been a freaking long time since u posted ur board and yes it has changed quite abit! How's the CAE wah treating u bro? I have some gas for that wah after hearing very good reviews abt it......dun mind me asking, how much u paid for it (can pm me)?

Hmmmm i think it is time for me to post mine too, had a couple of interesting changes.........damn it's been so long and i need a camera lol!

whoa ized your board is as powerpackked as ever. whats the pedal next to the cute maxon comp?
Mr Bukka yes please post your pics, we need to keep this thread alive and soft alive with discussion of new gear (boutique or not or somewhere in between). Get an expression pedal for the m9 also you can do crazy stuffs i heard!

Kekeke i will try my best haha as soon as i can borrow a decent camera to snap a few shots, u r definitely right about keeping this thread alive......cause this was the thread that made me wanna join SOFT in the first place! I wonder if my Visual Sound Volume can double up as an expression pedal?

It's a pity that this thread has really die down alot since it's hey days........so just wanna shout out to the old members and new members of SOFT: PLEASE DUN BE SHY AND POST MORE PEDALBOARD PICS!!! PEACE!!!

it would prolly be easier to convert a passive volume pedal to expression pedal over the visualsound one. Theres a buffer circuit and with the leds display thingy, even if can convert, it wont be so straightforward.

If really wanna try converting, can either get a passive volume pedal or cheapo expression pedal and experiment away.

The usual expression pedal only got a pot( from 10k to 50k ohm) for couple few i have seen. It uses trs jack and stereo cable. The trs point is for signal sent and return path. Pretty much a straight forward mod for passive volume pedal. Only thing is to find the right value pot to give the full range of sweep with the effect thats going to use the expression pedal.

Effect maker like toneczar with his modded ernie ball expression pedal include 2 extra switches(and resistor) to change the direction of sweep and altering the pot taper response, which can be done also if wanna do own expression pedal.

Hahaha it's ok james lol. Hmmmmm now what am i gonna do......i think i will just keep my VS Volume as it is, thanks pathein btw.......oh well james just pm me a quote for ur moog expression, although i dun think i will be getting it soon cause i haven't gotten my hands on the M9 yet.

whoa ized your board is as powerpackked as ever. whats the pedal next to the cute maxon comp?
Mr Bukka yes please post your pics, we need to keep this thread alive and soft alive with discussion of new gear (boutique or not or somewhere in between). Get an expression pedal for the m9 also you can do crazy stuffs i heard!

Its a customised NOC3 Pure Drive... I liked the pedal so much that I decided that I wanted Nick to do one in a custom hot red finish for me. :D

My humble board, cant compare to alot of the pedalboards here but whatever.

I think i got too many drive pedals tho..maybe ill downsize the drive section and add more modulation when i decide which to kick off :)

Just got the pt 909 today and it sounds great! different from the phase 90 but i prefer it.
thanks kernelspy!

12062010042.jpg

12062010036.jpg

Excuse the shitty handphone camera photos

Last edited:
MrBukka, the moog exp pedal cannot be used with the m9 if tht was your plan .. When I realized tht, I already had my m13 set all nice with two moog exp pedals .. And it was an unpleasent surprise...

ized: nono, not the red one. the one in between the red one and the comp.. looks really unfamiliar!

Ohh, that is a copilot gyroscope... It replaced the Moog Murf which I had previously.

Its basically a filter pedal that can get phaser, psuedo vibe and auto wah sounds...which eliminates the need for these pedals on my board. Another plus is with a simple flick of a switch I get a step sequencer/appeggiator effect...which was the same sound I dig from the murf most. Check out Frank Zappa's "ship ahoy" if you wanna know what does that sound like :)

I see....hmmm too bad the Moog exp dun work. Talking abt the m9, seems like it hasn't really caught on locally yet huh. Just wanna ask m9 owners in sg, is the m9 worth the money u guys paid for it?

ized: i see... to replace a murf means its pretty much something! mr bukka if you already have a nice line up of modulations, i would think it isnt very worth it.. in the end by selling off your other pedals you may lose even more money!

they're pretty low-end compared to most of the stuff posted here.. but here are the pedals i use. its just regular off-the-shelf stuff.

btw, can someone recommend an expression pedal that works with moogers but isnt the ep-2? thanks

pedalboard.jpg

Last edited:
Back