Pedalboard Pictures!

Was quite impressed with the Seekz Customwerkz Punchtone lately..

I have tried it...

And I would be kinda hard pressed to fork out 199 bucks for it.

Maybe because the unit I tried - the knobs were drilled too close, vol knob couldn't move properly, the casing was un-finished and the look was pretty, sad to say, cheap. But that doesn't really matter if the unit sounded spectacular but I felt it was rather... nominal.

Mind you, I don't shy from local made products... but this didn't turn me on.

Not that its BAD - its nifty, its still good sounding but it was a one trick pony and that trick just didn't tick with me.

Btw guys! Any pedals to recommend for a nice british/crunchy tone, for AC/DC kinda stuff?
Was quite impressed with the Seekz Customwerkz Punchtone lately..
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for some classic rock and roll!

A Marshall "Guvnor " or a tubescreamer + your amp distorsion I think.

but the best pedal would be a Sansamp GT2... :)

Nice pics man!

Well deserving of a pedal of legendary stature!

I had a chance to deal on a few of these sometime back, great tones but a little too dark for my tastes and too short a delay time.

I had a chance to deal on a few of these sometime back, great tones but a little too dark for my tastes and too short a delay time.

If you happen to one day prefer that old murky dark sound but just wish for more delay time, you might want to look up the Malekko Echo 600 - analog delay. There are 2 versions, one brighter/crisp like the EXH DMM and one just like the DM-2. 600ms with stereo output, switchable True Bypass or buffered (which allows for trails) - all in the size of a standard BYOC enclosure.

Talking of Delays as we are, can anyone recommend the cheapest no-frills delay out there? Need one for my work desk - currently running a DigiTech Death Metal into a marshall MS-2 mini amp - a bit of echo would be nice but nothing fancy that I'd be upset about it it was stolen.

Thanks for the recommendations, but the Moog delay which I got last year has really been great, don't think I will ever need to buy another analog delay.

Vern, maybe check out the berhinger one? Cheap cheap no frills :D

Hahaha... alright. Just in case you like.. you know... want 4 delay pedals in the space of a moog...

Vern - the Dano PB&J is nifty too, for 75 bucks.

It only does slapback though...

Can get @ yamaha - but I'm sure other places stock it for slightly cheaper.

Its what? 30 bucks?

ooo... if you like cheap but warm thick dirty delay...

Check out the Johnson analog delays... $60... 800ms of delay time.

I can't recall if its really analog... but it sounds really REALLY warm and fat and dirty.

wanna dark dark warm to the parallel universe and back delay repeats sound, get a delay with efx loop, put a low pass filter, eq pedal, boost pedal in the loop and set the setting to cutting out all the highs. Confirmed so dark and warm that its hard to hear the repeats but yet its dirty also
icon10.gif

the fab series dano's are not bad seriously. try contacting seekzstompers.com. he does an awesome mod for the dano's man. with true bypass and the workzzz..

Back