Pedalboard Pictures!

And have no noise issues??? Or is NOIZZE the sounddd you seek! :D

Well, I don't turn on all 5 leh... that would be... noisy!

But its interesting how fuzz gets noisy even after you turn off the vol on the guitar - read abt it, something to do with the impendance of the fuzz input...

The bad thing about fuzz is just that, it tends to play you... you have to adapt/change to the fuzz and its idiosyncrasies... and that CAN make you a more sloppy player. Which is what happened to me.

But its interesting how fuzz gets noisy even after you turn off the vol on the guitar - read abt it, something to do with the impendance of the fuzz input...

The bad thing about fuzz is just that, it tends to play you... you have to adapt/change to the fuzz and its idiosyncrasies... and that CAN make you a more sloppy player. Which is what happened to me.

actually i don't turn on all at once but still got noise..:(

Then its about balancing the boosted signals - watch your treble, presence, gain & volume.

It could also be about your power supply.

Your patch cables.

Your guitar's grounding.

Your pickups.

Your own muting technics.

Yea I kinda agree...fuzz can make one a sloppier player. I was sloppy to begin with, so no prob for me :D

I'm still looking for a pedal to work with a clean tube amp that can get me close to the dynamics and tone of David Gilmour's solos, particularly in his latest album - On An Island. Have yet to study his rig in detail, but I believe he uses a fuzz (muff-type) pedal. Lotsa sustain (tho it doesn't sound too compressed) and his notes tend to tail off into slight harmonic feedback. I don't like overly-muffled fuzz. The closest I've gotten so far is with a Rutt, tho it doesn't work too well with single coils. I haven't ventured much into fuzzes tho. The Mayo wasn't my thing, but maybe a Top Fuel might.

How abt the Skreddy Screwdriver? Have you tried that one?

Also try the Pink Flesh. I don't think you will like the Top Fuel - it has a more modern sound to it and it sounds thinner, nice clarity for chordwork but didn't work for leads. The Pink Flesh had the nicest rhythm tones I've ever tried from a muff-variant - the single note tone was wicked and the feel was good but with a slight quirk - if you are used to playing say... TS style overdrives with their compression and "sag" then when you come to the Pink Flesh (or Top Flesh or Mayo, basically the muff family) you'll find that the "sag"/compression is different. That can put you off. Of the bunch of muffs though, Goose's muff had the best feel (maybe not "best" but more familiar) but wasn't as aggressive as a Mayo.

Well, basically, I'm saying, try the Screwdriver. You gotta tweak the trim pots.

How abt the Skreddy Screwdriver? Have you tried that one?

Also try the Pink Flesh. I don't think you will like the Top Fuel - it has a more modern sound to it and it sounds thinner, nice clarity for chordwork but didn't work for leads.

Well, basically, I'm saying, try the Screwdriver. You gotta tweak the trim pots.

Yup I've owned a screwdriver and a top fuel...I was looking to use them as rhythm distortion boxes back then, so they didn't really float my boat, tho the top fuel did better for me. But I recognise the tweakability of the sdriver. Well...Gotta check em out plus the pink flesh some time... anyone got one for me to try?? :D

My very simple pedalboard. =]

HPIM0774.jpg

hi all... 1st timer

here's my simple 1.

click for bigger view hor...
got a prob wif my Krank dist. if u can see, the knob for the gain came off.
now its topless. damn it...

Avidaxis, I like your setup man! Sahasrara into Rat.. Nice! How does that sound? You run it into what amp?

wyldeboon, your pics a bit blur man, and kinda small.. Haha.. Krank into Muff? What kinda tone do you get with those 3 gain pedals + the lone TS9DX?

Btw, this is my updated pedalboard!

pb230208fe7.jpg

Bought the MIJ DS-1 and the Deucetone Rat recently!
Sold off my Rocktron Chorus..
And kinda removed my Modded GCB-95 and Ibanez Soundtank TL-5 cause it's underutilized..

Deucetone Channel B to clean Rat for some cranky blues
Channel A to Turbo Rat for a bottom heavy distortion
Metal Muff (Top Boost on) for some trebly high gain metal
Sonic Glory for overdriven chords ala Oasis
Sonic Glory + Classic Fuzz for some Santana action, or thick yet crunchy tones
MIJ DS-1 for classic rock ala AC/DC! :mrgreen:

thats a pretty neat setup you got there godspeed....you bought the deucetone rat from JMS my guess? heh

You got quite a crazy load of gain there man....metal muff+ ds-1 +duecetone.....do you stack them? interested to noe your stacking combos if you do and how they sound.

All the pedals can hold their own ground, so I rarely stack them EXCEPT for the Classic Fuzz, which has to go with the Sonic Glory to accentuate the higher frequencies..
The Sonic Glory can be used with the DS-1, but I prefer the DS-1's transparent sound and thick sound..
And I bought the Deucetone from Ebenex bro! Lol.. Thanks for the comments btw!

haha no problem. woah so thats like 5 gain pedals you got there! haha. awesome range of tones at your command man. You must play quite a variety of genres haha.

Lol.. Okok la.. Rat for Blues and Alternative Rock..
Metal Muff for.. Well.. Metal?
OD+Fuzz for my lead tone
DS-1 for classic rock rhythms..
I just like different sounds for different purposes! And I'm guilty of having too many drive pedals cause ebenex is like a 10 minutes walk from here? I popped up four times during the sale! :mrgreen:

Godspeed64;562786[B said:
wyldeboon[/B], your pics a bit blur man, and kinda small.. Haha.. Krank into Muff? What kinda tone do you get with those 3 gain pedals + the lone TS9DX?

haha... paiseh la... click on it for bigger view. :p
i nvr use the krank and muff together gether.
they take turns depending on wat i want in the song i'm playing.
sumtimes like chugga kind or just a round fat dist...
but i thing not enuf la n i got tis love for dist pdls... wish can have all of them. but gf noisy... damn...
the ts9dx is outside due to me having the guyatone od2 for solo.
and i prefer the guyatone wen i'm playing rhythm for slow songs. i dont reli like to play totally clean.

nice pedals u have there bro. how's the rat ah?

Back