Pedalboard Pictures!

yeah jms...personally i think there's nothing wrong at all with buying whatever you want if you can afford it. i'm cool with economics and capitalism, certainly no libertine here.

however if like most of us non-CEO types, splashing out on a really expensive pedal means buying cheaper milk powder for your kids, or god forbid even worse having to buy less beer on your night out, then is it worth it?

oh, the reason why Boss pedal prices are inflated is because we, the consumers, drove them that way by our demand for discontinued and rare items. Once scarcity increases, so does price, especially if the item's pretty good. That to some extent i can understand. And maybe I'm more inclined to be more forgiving with regard to modulation/time based/filter effects, partially because design of those seems harder and components may be more expensive, and also partially because those type of effects seem to have slightly more varying tonal qualities from one pedal to the next. And also because some of those are so darn unique - like say Z Vex pedals, or EHX's HOG. These effects do help open up the user's mind and creativity with regard to coming up with specific parts relying on those effects.

But with dirt pedals - it's just gain, and flavours thereof. Sure, if it sounds inspiring and good, arguably you'll be inspired to play better. There are so many great tones out there, which we'll all have our subjective preferences for. I love a vox chime and a marshall crunch in the right context.

Maybe it's just me, but i can't help but remember the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted". i don't know, i haven't heard the E yet except for clips which honestly just pretty much homogenize every sound. maybe if i had one in front of me and i plugged it in and behold, angels descended and i'd instantly be inspired to write the next Bittersweet Symphony (BTW The Verve are back yaaay!) and i'll suddenly be able to execute 8 finger tapping - then i'd place my order, sure. However i don't think that's likely to happen.

:lol: no lah ...my head is so gooped at the moment !!

Btw this *Dan* fella is kinda annoying with his long posts ...sheesshh ...get a beer mate :x

:lol:

ed and goose, i can't help but think if you goop your pedals and raise prices to US $289, and put a few superlative gushing praises from your customers (i'll supply you with some on the house, and i still won't be lying what), you might actually get some people buying your pedal when they would never otherwise have bought it at your current prices.

it'll be interesting to find out just how many people would buy them - that's really the million dollar question.

IMO, if buying something expensive puts something important in danger(A life?) then it definately isnt important. On the humourous side. I dont drink beer. haha.

On the time based and mod effects yes that is true. With the new digital age. all those BBD chipps and yadda yaddaa in those old delays and pedals. (DM2, Ce2, ETC)

Agree with ya on the zvex part too. he makes uber cool pedals.

On the part on dirt pedals. There are too many on this planet! Well, there are definately people who buy and dont like(I admit i am like this at times). Yes there are many great tones. The definition of great tones vary due to different players influences and music style/playing style and etc.

I guess we agree on that part yeah?

IN addition to this, there are many cheap and good pedals ive tried too. One example, Guyatone OD2 at Davis. 99 smackeroonies, yet TS flavour-ed nice dirt pedal! I love the awesome blues tone from fender amps :lol: the marshall crunch is great too, depending on what music style/song im playing.

Well, this is dumb but i orderd the E based on some clips, user reviews and etc. Dont really justify the purchase. But i saw them at a lower price and just decided to pick one up. It hasnt arrived yet, so lets leave tonal comparisons to later.

I have not purchased a pedal that has made me really really practice hard(not that i dont practice normally) in a long. LONG. time. The most recent one being the diamond memory lane. Previously it was the MIJ ce2 and Byoc Trem. I can only hope the E fits into that list as well.

I do agree that i might hav made a dumb decision but, we'll see in the near future. A few more weeks.

Cheerio,
JMS
:D 8)

kiddin mate ...thanks for the support from you and the rest of the fellas.

We may become rich pimpin glorified *switch boxes* but the journey has to be a memorable one ya.

I have given up on the hype thats generated on some forums and have learnt to use my ears ....thank God it works fine!

jms, buying it at the reduced price is definitely not a dumb choice at all. you get to try it, and if you don't like it you can probably flip it for a profit! but please call us first for a pedal testing shootout, won't ya? :)

the diamond memory lane looks sweet, for sure! and yeah i tried the Guyatone OD2 at ebenex for a lark last weekend when my friend was pedal hunting...i have to say it really sounded good to me. much better than i expected. i'm wondering how the OD2+ with the expanded tonal options will sound and if prices are gonna be in that very reasonable ballpark.

and goose, pull my leg some more :) spot on about being wary of certain forums, and to trust your ears more than your eyes. just gotta remind myself thassall :D

Goose and Edder Bro, You guys are great. Love your worrk and everything you guys stand for..

I think the way of the future are pedals in smaller enclosures. Thumbprint sized even better. :D

thanks for your comments dan. The diamond memory lane has a story behind it. I got it for a good price. 2nd hand from a guy called Ben. Really really good price. I coudlnt let it go. And now its permanently on the board.

I guess im not the only one imressed by the OD2! The Crunchbox is another Bang for the buck pedal! still havent tried the OCD and Fulldrive 2 and all the xotic pedals. cant believe what im missing out on drives!

Fulltone stuff are generally in the mid price range to high price range, anyone agree on that?

On the other hand, visualsound's stuffs are great, only one prob, reliability. Oh by the way, VS is realeasin several new pedals! Single versions of some of the double pedals and a new double pedal, double trouble(SRV?).

Maybe we should start a sticky thread on good chaep non boutique gear out there for those who are just stepping into the fray. the evil place of pedals and GAS.

I have given up on the hype thats generated on some forums and have learnt to use my ears ....thank God it works fine!

exactly man... i've heard of some quite raved about pedals, those "Pedal of the MONTH" thingie and they didn't do anything for me. *zips up mouth before going further*

Goose and Edder Bro, You guys are great. Love your worrk and everything you guys stand for..

I think the way of the future are pedals in smaller enclosures. Thumbprint sized even better.

I love you to bro. My pedals will forever be in that size and 4 knobs cos I love em chicken heads knobs sooo much. Who need em pesky 5th knob! :lol:

ed and goose, i can't help but think if you goop your pedals and raise prices to US $289, and put a few superlative gushing praises from your customers (i'll supply you with some on the house, and i still won't be lying what), you might actually get some people buying your pedal when they would never otherwise have bought it at your current prices.

it'll be interesting to find out just how many people would buy them - that's really the million dollar question.

bro dan bro! it IS the business of the future to be dodgy but I can't go there lah... heh heh... already I'm dodgy enough. :lol:

Hey edder,

I was at zakk's shop today and i got to try out your OD pedal. Its really impressive, the amount of note clarity and sustain it gives even when you don't drive it too hard. Alot of nice and different drive sounds can be gotten by experimenting with the main pre and post gain. Very nice stuff. Definitely in the purchase plans.

edder and goose can form the rockers already, macam the old WWF spandex tag teamers. Both pedals on rosli's board, then all the hype nowadays! I SAY GOOP IT TOO!!!

Hey edder,

I was at zakk's shop today and i got to try out your OD pedal. Its really impressive, the amount of note clarity and sustain it gives even when you don't drive it too hard. Alot of nice and different drive sounds can be gotten by experimenting with the main pre and post gain. Very nice stuff. Definitely in the purchase plans

thanks nanoshred for giving my pedal a chance. appreciate your kind comments! :D

edder and goose can form the rockers already, macam the old WWF spandex tag teamers. Both pedals on rosli's board, then all the hype nowadays! I SAY GOOP IT TOO!!!

he heh... so goose how? we going in 90's Versace or 80's spandex???

Latest posts

Back