NKF article

to me, as a CEO, being paid that much is one thing. But as a CEO of a charity, that's another thing.

i think that if NKF wants to do such a thing, shouldn't they be providing free service for kidney patients then? yes. impossible, for it will be a free-health-care state kind of thing again. However, i believe that in a way, if they continue to collect contributions like that, and spend it unnecessarily, a lot of people are going to stop. Transparency is a must, and the public should be able to see where their contributions go to. After all, donators, donation collectors are all stakeholders of the company.

I don't care if the chairman buys gold taps, that's his right. Its more of the transparency of the organisation that bugs me most. What justifies his salary? What are our money used for? those are the questions which i think we should be asking.

some people are good at getting things done but not good at PR.

do you want someone who is good at PR but not get things done?

Mr Soft, why don't u express your feelings, opinion, perception etc... towards this issue... since many times u'r not just an administrator, but a participant as well?

i guess many fellow softies would really want to hear it...

This is not a matter of PR; this is a matter of being honest or deceitful, telling the truth or telling the lie.

Wilful misrepresentation is not justified under any circumstance.

In my opinion , you can get the job done and be good at PR just like Mr Durai but misrepresentation and misuse of funds just overwrites it all

Okay guys I'm guilty for being a neutral party... :lol:

well Mr Soft, that isn't your personal views or opinion... its just some questions and u still remained as a neutral party...

anyway, this part is quite funny:

Mr Durai also denied that his performance bonus was linked to the amount of donations NKF received.

Mr Singh then asked him why he would not come clean on the matter.

'The money is for the people,' said Mr Durai.

'And your taps,' retorted Mr Singh.

:lol:

Could not read beyond the pages of the newspapers for the past few days...just threw out of those monsters inside me...confusion, sadness, anger...this NKF fracas, murder of Huang-Na the china kid (got me really depressed), murder of the china woman ....what the world is coming to? ...i just want to retreat into the world of music...and escape from it all :arrow:

repulse87 said:
immature you say? how are we immature if we say we never want to donate to NKF again?

Whoa.. First Qn? Are U a donor urself?

Second qn? How are U logically affected by it?

I am affected as I'm a donor since my NS days and i won't stop the donation bcos as stupid as it seems to U abt $$$$, to me its all abt those ppl sitting down at the dialysis machine, having their arms poked and going through a torturous moment whenever they know that if the machine stops in the midst of the process, its going to be disastorous.

Its all abt TRUST... TRUST.. TRUST..

U see thinks as in $$$$ wise.. I see things differently..

i guess the CEO got greedy and when the public found out, they all felt cheated. wouldnt u? if u gave money to a man who said he will transfer 90% to people who need it, but in fact is keeping about 50% to himself?

just because the CEO is the role model, people have failed to see beyond the big problem of the CEO. anybody noticed how NKF has the funds to hold annual concerts/charity events, print extravagant "please donate" cards that primary school kids bring home to ask family and friends to donate?

until today, my personal opinion is to trust organizations with good direction and structure as well as honest organizations that are constantly active, like the international RedCross society. they did a lot in tsunami tragedy man!

however, i may not be a donor on a regular basis cuz im not working yet, but i do support the NKF whenever i can, and will continue to do so. i am, a fellow human being! :D [/i]

I'm so tired...just reached home after heartrock meeting with some bands. But cannot resist to write something.

First I noticed that there are a few potential legal eagles after the fashion of Davinder. This is good.

Let me try state a few points and I come back again later refreshed and do some more.

A person's pay should commensurate his performance regardless whether it is a small business, a conglomerate or a charity. Performance must be measured in total, especially for one whose duty is leadership. There should be no qualms of the amount issue if the duties are discharged lawfully, righteously and diligently. This would in no uncertain terms include the management of perks.

Many softies here are caught up with emotions somehow. It is very difficult to believe what you chose to believe after watching charity show and what you read from the papers in this last two days are not congruent.

There are some facts stated in the news and it must be believed, that without your donations, the charity organization can still go on treating patients without compromising standards. So if you choose not to donate anymore, no one will die.

Much is also mentioned about branding during the courtroom exchange, that donors are donating to the brand name and the numerical facts were irrelevant. Asked yourself donors...did you donate to the brand name or because of the tears you saw and the figures of many waiting for you to save their lives that had moved you to part with your money. The brand name is as good as the people running it. If a totally new team were to take over the organization and declare that no more donations will be required, but treatment continues, will the brand name die? Some erroneously believed it will. I believe otherwise. I think the organization would have a good chance to regain public confidence if it is willing to take appropriate action, and what that appropriate action is should be decided by "the board".

Therefore, the statement quote "what's the fuss" unquote, is not incorrect if taken in the right context, where renumeration should commensurate performance.

Forgiveness is divine!

Some of us are more daredevils in expressing from the heart, some prefers to play it safe, while others talk nonsense. This is what makes a forum like soft so interesting that none of us would go away even though we are not happy with some people or some past actions.

HeartRockSingapore said:
Some of us are more daredevils in expressing from the heart, some prefers to play it safe, while others talk nonsense. This is what makes a forum like soft so interesting that none of us would go away even though we are not happy with some people or some past actions.

U think so? :eek:

Wow!!! hehehe.. So touched.

Back