NKF article

I'm glad that my decision to stop donating to them since a long time back is justified.
The patients can get by many many years with their present funds.

I think that $600K a year is too much for a CEO to pay himself from a public charity. I also think it's bad that the board approved it.

More dirt will be unearthed in the upcoming days you watch.

I always helped them with that donation card thing, this year, i'll post the card back to them empty.

And all the charity drives, how would the mediacorp artists feel after putting in so much effort, some risking and suffering injury, and then finding out something like this was happening? Hmmm...

I just feel kinda appalled. "why make a big fuss out of it?" reported in the ST. Even though this issue digressed to the NKF's transparency on its use of donations, it revealed much on where our hard earned money went to, to buy gold-plated taps for $990 each, to pay for the CEO's road tax, maintenance and repair for his FAMILY and PERSONAL car. And to buy a $1.1k toilet bowl which many of the average incomed singaporeans would feel its extravagant. if this $$ was saved or used more appropriately, wldn't it save more patients?

read the papers guys, this is an important issue, all the more significant if you had helped in the donations. where did all our money go to?

I've always wondered,
are the artistes paid to do the shows?
and do they volunteer for them...or sort of conscripted like NS?

i'm guessing they volunteered for the charity shows. the CEO says let the public decide if its the truth or otherwise.

repulse87 said:
i'm guessing they volunteered for the charity shows. the CEO says let the public decide if its the truth or otherwise.
Well, the public can't send him to prison for misappropriation so of course he'd say that. I bet Straits Times says "no, no - it's ok - we'll just let the courts decide" ;)

lawyer Davinder Singh's one of the top lawyers in singapore, from one of singapore's top law firm, Drew and Napier. The lawyers from there were in the slim10 case. my dream workplace! i want to be a lawyer next time!

I'm kinda surprised SPH and NKF are on opposing fronts, considering both are government- affiliated. Perhaps Mr Goh Chok Tong was trying to do some damage limitation when he said what he said.

It's a refreshing change from the usual "the people vs the gahmen" themes.

Vaiyen said:
I'm kinda surprised SPH and NKF are on opposing fronts, considering both are government- affiliated..
As far as I know, NKF is not government affiliated - al least not to the degree that SPH is. NKF is a private company isn't it?

well, we have the right to know whats going on, the truth that is. the credibility of the paper and its reputation of reporting the truth is at stake! if it doesn't assure the public on the credible reports, will we ever buy ST to read again? so i guess its in their interests to safeguard the newspaper's prestige

8 cars for 6 officers? The Math doesn't add up.
They used to have 1 show at a time. Now it's even up to 3 shows.
Wouldn't it be more effective to focus just on Kidney patients?

Latest posts

Back