NKF article

DoubleBlade said:
CEOs are destined to get perks from the company but I guess it's too much to be considered a "perk" after all....

Agreed, it''s a charitable org not a profit org. In the end I hope the patients don suffer because of this, Durai should step down....

17wil said:
People muz rally and come support so we can show them action mah! ummon la think abt it hor nKF always gt this show tat show then what? make the plp at mediacorp like beggars liddat muz beg for money liddat....my grandaunty iz oso kidney patient once lor...ned so much money until she die of worry

U think , u thought, who confirm?

DoubleBlade said:
If you guys are gonna boycott NKF from today onwards , the patients are defeinitely gonna get affected....

i think we all know that the $220 million don't last forever, but if they want support from us, they should be more accountable for our money, our hard earned money. how are we going to trust our money to them when we know it ends up somewhere else?

Maybe they should stop all those charity shows for a time being. Once a year is okay but have you noticed that every year , the charity shows get better and better? In terms of the kinda of celebraties they invite especially foreign ones. Last time it was only local artiste and now what do we have? 5566 , Energy , Steve Chou etc coming down....

Hey guys correct me if I'm wrong , but I remember seeing a poster onboard the MRT train stating that there's gonna be another NKF show soon with 5566 and Steve Chou and a few other foreign celebraties in it. Or is it another charity show belonging to another charitable organisation?

what i felt about Mrs Goh still supporting NKF is that she's trying to show that we can't allow NKF to die out. it is after all, also financing people who really need the financial help. NKF started out as a good work, and we shouldn't just let one person's misdeeds kill it off. NKF doesn't belong to durai, that is something we must bear in mind. it belongs to the people, and it is still a charity after all. if people boycott it, we're just shooting ourselves in the foot, and show the world that singaporeans are like lost sheep can't think for themselves.

agreed. But it cannot be argued that her quote "Why make a fuss out if it" was out of order.
As the wife of the SM who leads a luxurious life, she is unqualified to make such a comment.

iansoh said:
it is after all, also financing people who really need the financial help..

+++1 for U ..

Really agree with wat u say.. but unfortunately, some immature ppl in here don't get the whole thing..

Sometimes this kinda thing can open up a whole can of worms.. we'll just wait and see..

Whether or Mr Durai resigns or not , I think after this court case is settled , die die the NKF must maintain a form of transparency to the public in terms of their annual expenditure , at least we know where our money is going.

Mr Durai made a HUGE MISTAKE to bring SPH to court. I mean it was only a small matter initially. Only a matter of the "changing of gold plated tap" issue.

Now you see what happened? I think the reason why he wanted to bring SPH to court was because this was an opportunity for him to "bare assertion" under his name to SPH. In layman terms , he wanted to be made known to the entire nation through this court case.

Well everyone in Singapore already knows him after what happened but for the wrong reasons....

Damn , I'm losing my sense of neutrality now

shred5 said:
Really agree with wat u say.. but unfortunately, some immature ppl in here don't get the whole thing...

immature you say? how are we immature if we say we never want to donate to NKF again? granted it indeed helps kidney and dialysis patients, but that isn't the issue of the whole article! the issue is about the accountability of money. if we have more accountability of funds, i'm sure many of us would continue our support to NKF. NKF maybe helping the kidney patients, but in the midst of doing so, misusing funds isn't justified. i don't find not supporting them if they misuse funds an immature act.

let's set the record straight:
we are FOR the NKF and the patients. Hell, we might end up being one of them too.

we are AGAINST misappropriation and misrepresentation.

Hope that clears the air.

They really have to get rid of Durai and work hard on gaining back people's trust. It's for the sake of the patients. No body wants to donate to an org that "eats" money. But that is how many people out there r thinking of them. in any case, donate lesser to them for the time being.

not donating to them now wouldn't hurt the patients in the short run, they've got $220m. but it should make it clear that the public is concerned about this issue. that credibility of the org. is important.

it is difficult to be a good and popular leader. this is a professional who steer the organisation to where it is today. the success of it's various fund raising can become good case studies.

by replacing him, will there be another CEO who can produce the same result or even better?

who will we blame when NKF cannot continue to fullfill it's work for their client?

good CEO doesnt come cheap. just like music gears. just like recording studios. just like music teacher.

For me , it does not matter which CEO replaces him. As long as there is a form of transparency in NKF's annual expenditure being made known to the public in the near future.

I guess a lesson learnt about this case is that , charitable organisations need to be more transparent in terms of their expenditures through the use of public funds

yes, no one can dispute that he does a good job. and if he admits readily that his ability is worth the price of all the frills and luxuries, so be it. I suppose the public will grudgingly accept that.

The contention arises when there is a systematic denial and obfuscation of the facts, to the very people who pay their salaries.

Back