Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

VIVA LA BARCELONA!

The first thing I asked my friend after catching the match was "If Man U plays like that, why do they have lots of fans?". He just laughed. :mrgreen:

Every other dude we saw at Chijmes was wearing a Man U jersey. Remembered their expressions all so funny sia. Kekekeke....

ps I don't really watch soccer but Barcelona's passing was immaculate.

Last edited:
2-0 to Barca

Thanx .... wah U mean barca actually won ah?

Amazing :mrgreen:

Must be Eto & Messi who scored lah - the dangermen

Just to share wif everyone - I had a bet with lovehurts yesterday - if Barca wins - I buy her pasta to "pacify" her for her lost - if Man U wins I also buy her pasta for her win ..

for me- gettin to buy her pasta - I win both ways ;)

spot on. it was eto and messi. both goals were conceded due to poor defending by vidic and rio respectively. haiya, at least we won the bpl. barca deserved to win.

man u only played a good first ten minutes then it was all barca...
truthfully from a neutral point of view. it was a boring game. very one sided game.

man u just didnt look like a championship side this morning. there was no fighting spirit, rooney did not loose his temper, tevez was lazy, the defense was sleeping and i didnt even see fergie loose his temper at the 3rd official like he always do at big matches. No one was picking up a lone man messi in the penalty box on the 2nd goal. it was a free header by "shorty".

It was not worth the time to crawl out of bed at 2.45am. i was expecting a thriller of a match.
yawns....
headbanging to the sound of the copier machine in my office now.
The "koon sin" is coming to get me....

Last edited:
Barca!!!!

celebracion__M3_4862.JPG

Whoops...
Barcelona+v+Manchester+United+UEFA+Champions+mbgZQGup5yGl.jpg

hehehe

Dont hate me cause i'm just sour over my teams loss to man u in the semi's
Better luck next season.
:D

Last edited:
More like "sell me to Barca" lol. Real Madrid's not doing well this season, I'm surprised he still wants to move there despite their poor performance in La Liga even with all their expensive players.

That aside, congrats to Barca fans - you deserved it ;) and to Man Utd haters - maybe your teams will do better next year :p

Man utd played the 1st time mins like that were leading 2-0 alr, or that its exhibition stuff. They had so many chances to go upfront by at least 2 goals, but never capitalise. In fact, they were lucky to have so many opportunity agst barca that early but nv make full use of it. I smsed my fren that we are getting too complacent and that barca only need 1 chance, n they scored.

Ronaldo was too selfish at the start, and i wondered if he really said its not abt me or messi, but abt the club. Its like he wants to play for himself ONLY.

Carrick did his best, but his delivery is not pin point enough like scholes, neither were his decisions gd. Vidic was shaky, and rooney had little chance.

I would liked to have seen berba upfront from the start, because you have a natural foward and he can hold the ball well n bring rooney or ronnie into the centre. Also, i felt that scholes would have changed the game if he played. You could see the centre was empty, and the use of the ball by anderson n carrick was poor. Scholes has the brains to know when to through pass n when to hold it, n he has the ability to execute it. When he came in, you could see suddenly xavi and messi were always near him to ensure he doesnt get the ball, n that speaks alot.

BUT, it was a determined and hungry barca side that won. In a way, man utd looked tired but barca was so fresh. The make shift defence played so well, and pique was amazing. But the player that stood out for me was iniesta, you could see the 2nd string players of barca wanted to play their part n contribute n they were the main difference in the end.

I didnt see any ronaldo or messi brilliance, just moments only from messi but thats all.

Kudos to fergie for knowing how to lose.

We (Man Utd) were lucky. Not only did we not play well. But had our keeper not been Van der Sar, we would have been hammered at least 5-0 by Barca at the final whistle. Not that that's much consolation lah..But still.

It was sloppy/lacklustre football from us. And it could have ended even worse than it did.

That early goal from E'to really killed, embalmed & buried us.

CONGRATS TO BARCA - DESERVING KINGS OF EUROPE

Hey, at least I'm going to get pasta :mrgreen:

DAHLIN - APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR THIS YA? lAST POST i PROMISE .... :mrgreen:

HERE'S A SONG I COMPOSED FOR BARCA ... SUNG TO THE TUNE OF VILLAGE PEOLPE HIT DISCO SONG "YMCA" - ITS CALLED BA -R -C-A

1st verse
manu u, theres no need to feel down,
I said man u, get your face off the ground
I said man u- lost in that Roman town
and so we are all ..so...happy

man u, theres no place U can go
I said man u - when U cock up the show
Its a fate worse - than that flu from the swine
many times you bragged to our kind ..

Chorus
(Its fun to watch them play) BA ... R .... C .....A
The got everything for their fans to enjoy
They made man u feel like boys

fergie forget your deams, Ronny making a meal
and the Barca went fo the kill...

2nd verse
Tevez .. are U listening to me
I said Tevez - where do U wannabe
I said fergie - you can forget your dreams
coz you got to know this one thing

No ref will buy ronaldo's dives
They know - all about all his jive
Giggsy - just too old - a has been
ferdinand went for sightseeing

REPEAT CHORUS

Last Verse
(so you're) down and out with the blue
(I say) man u - coz U mite always lose
to a good team , just like Barca or mine
AFC mite whack your behind

Thats when, man u haters will see
We ask .. hey man ..what do U wanna be?
be a spainaird and catalan so fine
lose the match then drink fergie's old wine

REPEAT CHORUS

FGL D - Once again, you wait. Just you wait. That post wit that debauchery of a song had better be the last i find in these football forums. :twisted:

Back