Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

gun__1240219388_wenger_pitch.jpg

Arsene Wenger... boss has cash and he's not afraid to use it

Arsenal v Stoke City
Barclays Premier League
Sunday, May 24, 2009, 16:00

Wenger - I’m not afraid to spend this summer

Arsène Wenger is not afraid to spend his available transfer funds.

The manager has made no secret of his desire to add to Arsenal’s first-team squad in the summer after watching his side fall just short in the FA Cup and Champions League this season.

There is money for Wenger to spend on new acquisitions and the Frenchman insists he won’t hesitate to use it.

“I don’t complain about the money I have and I am not afraid to spend the money when I find it,” he stressed at Friday’s press conference.

"It is not true [that I am afraid to spend]. I cannot manipulate people’s brains unfortunately. And I don’t want to in fact.

"We spent the money on Andrey Arshavin. In one day I decided to do it."

Ai ya, it's about time for those Gooners to splash some cash. :mrgreen:
Plus, now that Newcastle are relegated, their key players will probably be on sale.. so that's good news for clubs with money.

Plus, now that Newcastle are relegated, their key players will probably be on sale.. so that's good news for clubs with money.

Their key players? They are firing blanks :( Owen seems to lost his passion for the game. No control, no pace and poor finishes. I think Owen and Barton will be the first ones to go out. Their wages are too much for Newcastle next season and furthermore, they are of no use to the club. Barton is the worst.

Looking forward to the UCL Final. Come on, United! :twisted:

RYANZ : yeah! Come on, UNITED!! Where will you be watching the CL finals? It's so sad now that the BPL season is over...3 months of boredom awaits us...Lucky ynext week got FA cup & CL finals to watch. Oh yes, i agree that Barton & Owen will be the first to be let off.

RYANZ : yeah! Come on, UNITED!! Where will you be watching the CL finals? It's so sad now that the BPL season is over...3 months of boredom awaits us...Lucky ynext week got FA cup & CL finals to watch. Oh yes, i agree that Barton & Owen will be the first to be let off.

Ha Lovehurts, I will be watching at the Marquee. What about you? :p

RYANZ - Oh yes, i think i remember you telling me you're watching it there! I think i will be heading down to Man Utd Cafe @ Boat Quay but not sure yet. Darn. I wish the game weren't so late..Argh...How will I ever survive work the next day?? :confused:

DUDELOVE - What? You're seriously going to take mc? Wah lau. All docs islandwide gonna be suspicious. Maybe some of them might be on mc themselves!! Don't know leh. Don't think i can just take mc like that. I'm not good at lying lah...My face is a dead give away...haha

i dont need to.. :mrgreen:

i dont have sch on wed and thursday this semester. so i could watch every single champions league game, regardless of it being on wed morning or thursday morning.

DUDELOVE - That's it. I've turned green with envy already. Argh!! Why do I have to work?? KK, maybe i will take a stroll to see my doc & complain endlessly of some "woman" problem....hahaha....

hahaha i on leave on thurs ..best part i wont even bewatchingthe match :mrgreen:

all my man u colleagues beh tahan

Shit man im hyped for the freaking match..

havent loged on for awhile.there's been quite a change here.

i'm gonna keng food poisoning. guaranteed 3 day mc. so i'll get to catch the match plus i'll have a super long weekend. any time off army is fkin awesome.

Oh Zullio. What a nice start to my day this is :) Thanks for sharing those stats! I'm really pysched about the CL finals tonight too.

Now, i just need to practice my poker face for when I'm feeding my doc with lies tomorrow morning :mrgreen:

Back