Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

about big names affecting youth system it seems like it only applies to clubs in england.but the youth system in leagues like la liga,french lique etc wont be affect which also answers why england arent creative and competitive enough at international stage.

lol who cares about the youth system. we're not locals anyway.
I just want to see more and more big stars in the EPL.

Yeah.............the new crop of British youths at Man City had me watering at the mouth last season..............Joe Hart, Stephen Ireland, Michael Johnson and Daniel Sturridge are all very good prospects. And there's Tom Huddlestone, Gareth Bale and Jamie O'Hara at Spurs too. All below 21, all extremely talented. Sadly, they may be rewarded with more time on the bench while overrated overseas stars take their place on the pitch.

:)Clash of the red titans tonight!Who will flop and who will triumph?We shall see..All the best to both Man u and Liverpool.

man utd lost to liverpool. 1-2

aint gonna defend manutd for this one. they deserved the loss. they looked lost especially after brown's own goal; mistake by van der sar. i thought the team could fight back during the 2nd half, but liverpool totally owned it.

the marking was off, defensive lapses. the midfield also didn do much.

and vidic sent-off for a 2nd bookable offence. plus carrick may have gotten injured again.

i say, not a good day for man utd fans.

but manutd's strength has always been bouncing back from results like these.

plus point, berbatov looked like he has fit well into the team.

many of us would agree that MU started off well. but they deserve to lose; they were playing with their heads down come the 2nd half of the game.

so which part of Berbatov's millions is worth the purchase?

Don't let me even begin on what flops of purchases other clubs have made. Berbatov played reasonably well with what he was provided with. The midfield was totally ineffective especially in the 2nd half, how do you expect a striker to feed off that? And saying that right after his first game in which he created a goal, quite silly right?:confused:

Manu deserved the loss, ridiculous game. Wasted rooney's final attempt didn't hit the target. Kudos to liverpool for pushing manu so far back and nearly winning by a greater margin.

that is greatly recognized by liverpool.look at their flops like...oh my too many to list.

not particularly a great game for the neutrals.too much dog-fights in the middle of the park and too little attempts from both sides.

dont judge berbatov just by one game.

he was let down by his team mates as well.

if u want to criticize, criticize the whole team for the poor performance

well one thing was for sure, fergie's gamble to play carrick didn't pay off. he went out injured after half-time.

that also led to the midfield losing their bite. the midfield was simply no where to be found after half-time.

and yes, dont judge berbatov by this one game. there are better things to come. :D

Argh, it was alright for his first game i guess. Didnt like how they just kept trying to pump balls to him though, it's like changing the style of man utd to suit berba in my opinion. Dunno luh. Wasnt the best of days for Wes brown also. Kana ole, and weird deflection OG.

THOUGH, i was rather happy for the first 10 minutes of the match. D: Cheat my feelings haha. Cant say i'm not dissapointed, but i feel liverpool deserved to win. Was rare seeing my liverpool friends smile. : p

Latest posts

Back