Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

chelsea representatives won the following accolades as a consolation to being second to United.

haha. burnnn.

but kinda fair winners to me. but i think last season wasn't lampards' best season, someone else should have won. but well, congrats.

how on earth can petr cech, john terry and frank lampard won? petr cech didnt save enuff penalties to avoid defeat for chelski in the champions league final...john terry didnt score the penalty to win the champions league for chelsea. instead, he slipped and fell...and frank lampard? i think uefa is juz showing him sympathy for showing enuff courage to play football after the death of his mother...the winner should be edwin van der sar for his abilities to keep going for another champions league medal after so many donkey years playing football, rio ferdinand for being so cool and calm and yet, very reliable and midfielder of the year could have been given to fabregas, steven gerrard or even to paul scholes but definitely not frank lampard...

anyways, its first of september and the end of the transfer window...looks like man utd wont be getting dimitar berbatov...but im still manutd have the extra depth to win the EPL even without any new signings...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO. BERBATOV!

Time to catch up in the EPL! Watch out Liverpool and Chelski!

holy smokes you've gotta be kidding me....

who in the right frame of mind would move from madrid to Man City?!?!?!?!

chelsea must be fuming cos mancity stole robinho right under their nose!

and yeah its great that united got berbatov but hopefully, he wont be mr sulko like how he was at spurs...he is playing under the right manager now so i think it should be okay for him...and so, united now have a new number 9 !

Madrid probably refused to sell Robinho to Chelsea because they didn't want to face the Fernando Morientes situation again, i.e, ex/on-loan- player knocks them out of CL.

This has made my respect for him go down a lot though. It's pretty obvious the move was purely for money.

very very very obvious. it was reported that since chelsea had already signed deco and bosingwa , they kinda had a tight budget. and thus could only make a bid of about 27-30mil pounds for Robinho. and they blah blah blah drag drag drag and then last minute the arab oil man put a bid of 32mil and robinho is theirs already . just like instant noodles. you put boiling water rather than warm water and you get to eat ur noodles faster. ha.

well , money is taking over football these days.

oh and real madrid was also furious about the arrogant attitude of chelsea when they start selling Robinho's jersey even before he arrived but it has come to attention that NO jerseys were sold. they just wan excuses NOT to give robinho to chelsea. damn .

well , man city's getting stronger and we all know that. but who cares.
robinho might not even adapt to english football. and then i'll laugh my ass off . heh.

Six of the best football players in the world are all targets of the multi-billionaire Arab sheikhs who have bought Manchester’s “second” club. The Blues have already captured Real Madrid’s Brazilian superstar Robinho for £32.5million. Now consortium frontman Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim says he is willing to pay £134million to wrest Cristiano Ronaldo away from arch-rivals Man United. City’s manager Mark Hughes has also been told he can bid £80million each for AC Milan’s Brazilian hitman Kaka and Barcelona's attacking midfielder Lionel Messi. Liverpool’s Spanish goal machine Fernando Torres and Arsenal playmaker Cesc Fabregas will be chased as soon as soccer’s next transfer window opens in January, with price tags of £70million and £60million respectively.

from manutd.com

Freaking rich la. if they pull off all those transfers, i really dunno what to say.

that rich oil tycoon thinks that spending all that money alone is gonna work. they're just going to end up like real madrid a few years back. all the best players in the world with no results. and an upset dressing room

chelsea representatives won the following accolades as a consolation to being second to United.
how on earth can petr cech, john terry and frank lampard won? petr cech didnt save enuff penalties to avoid defeat for chelski in the champions league final...john terry didnt score the penalty to win the champions league for chelsea. instead, he slipped and fell...and frank lampard? i think uefa is juz showing him sympathy for showing enuff courage to play football after the death of his mother...the winner should be edwin van der sar for his abilities to keep going for another champions league medal after so many donkey years playing football, rio ferdinand for being so cool and calm and yet, very reliable and midfielder of the year could have been given to fabregas, steven gerrard or even to paul scholes but definitely not frank lampard...

hahahaha.

you just cant accept the fact can you?
and and , rmbr , you were jus a kick away from losing . :p

and and and , congrats to C.ronaldo.

i wish Man United all e best in this season .

Last edited:
Sir Alex names new assistant

Sir Alex Ferguson has announced that his new assistant manager will be former United midfielder Mick Phelan.

Succeeding Mick as first team coach is skills development expert Rene Meulensteen. The appointments, which take place with immediate effect, have been made following the departure in the summer of Carlos Queiroz to manage the Portuguese national team.

Sir Alex Ferguson told ManUtd.com: "I am delighted that Mick and Rene have agreed to fill these important positions.

"Mick knows Manchester United inside out, having been associated with the club for the best part of 20 years. He is a very talented and professional coach, whose ability and contribution to the club’s success has often been understated.

“Rene brings different ideas and experience to the role of first team coach. I believe he and Mick will provide an excellent team to continue the club’s willingness to try new ideas and constantly drive for success in an increasingly competitive game.”

hahahaha.

you just cant accept the fact can you?
and and , rmbr , you were jus a kick away from losing . :p

and and and , congrats to C.ronaldo.

i wish Man United all e best in this season .

That is what makes us Man Utd team and fans very tough and competive.

thanks Jaarvis wish all the best to your Chelsea team too.

Latest posts

Back