Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

hahaha.
true true. well, i think for now , im more frustrated with Man City .
abu dhabi, who thinks he rule the world .
he talks too much sometimes. i'm predicting it'll be another Real madrid situation. all the best players BUT to no avail. i WISH. 13 sept , Chelsea VS Man City.

Robinho's in trouble.

13th sept also ManUtd vs Liverpool : D
Gerrard groin injury, torres hamstring. looks like kurt and keane, vs rooney, tevez, and now berba

the liverpool defence must be shrieking in terror looking at Tevez,Rooney,Berbatov,Giggs,Nani causing them trouble.

but im really hoping that Carrick is able to play on that day.

i definitely think man united will win the game against liverpool hands down...no doubt about it...look at how they won against liverpool 3-0 and 1-0 home and away respectively last season...? at home, the totally dominated...away, liverpool did dominated but united still won...come 13th september 2008, no gerrard no torres no win for liverpool...:D

That's what happens when you start dreaming too much. Agger is back in defence, making us stronger than last season in that area, and Dossena is waaaay better Riise. On the left we have a genuine left-footer who's got pace and goo end product, i saw him play a few times last season. I think that it will be a tight game and cld go either way, so i won't predict a win for either side. I think a draw will be the best bet.

i do agree with loldude333, a draw is on the cards.

but ManUtd can pull off the win, more so than liverpool. pool are without their 2 keymen and the devils just got a boost in the form of berbatov. so yeah.

Where on earth is RoRK?!

True. Agger's back. Dossena seems to have fit in pretty well, I think.

Liverpool did, however, have scrappy wins against the likes of Standard Liege, Sunderland and Middlesbrough. And Robbie Keane looks like a kid having a Sunday kick-about in the local park when he's on the pitch with Liverpool.

I'll go for Man Utd to knick it by a single goal.

Last edited:
Yea, actually i tend to agree with the views.........with Torres and Gerrard out it'll be hard. Rafa may go all out to stifle for a draw from the very start. Well, all i can say is that only if Mascherano and Plessis play in midfield then only is this option possible. Those two are extremely talented in breaking up play, keeping and spreading possesion. Add Alonso in front of them, with David N'Gog as a speedy lone frontman and i think Liverpool might be able to actually pull this off. N'Gog's a fine buy, and he can emulate Torres, given time. Sept 13th might just be his day. Only 1 thing: Rafa MUST play Babel on the right or else Kuyt's lack of speed will be telling against Evra. Riera can more than handle Wes Brown; the key is the midfield now. Win the midfield battle and the match is ours. If Liverpool can get their midfield act together, they do stand a chance as the defence is sound and if N'Gog shines, this cld actually be the first win. And we can proudly say we did it without Gerrard and Torres.

loldude333 your comments should be posted in the Liverpool thread.nobody wants to hear about liverpool in here.

what we wanna hear is the trumpets sounding when United kick pool's butt this coming 13th Sept.

Interesting comments from loldude.That was unbiased.hahah. I don't think anybody rated Plasil that highly. Hmmm. Man Utd lack creativity lately. Hopefully, Berbatov can hold the ball well. I'm guessing it will be a stalemate. Ohwells. GGMU!

Bro dime, as they say, football is a universal sport. It brings ppl of all cultures, all heritages and all backgrounds together, even *gasps* Man U and Liverpool fans. Anyway, i was making a more fair view on what may happen. This is after all, a footballing thread and we are discussing the sept 13 game. All within the topic isn't it? Peace.

in my point of view its much more liverpool biased.

this cld actually be the first win. And we can proudly say we did it without Gerrard and Torres.

this thread is obviously for Man Utd and i hope it stays that way.so please bring your liverpool news to your liverpool thread.

hey guys i seriously think we shouldnt argue much about who's gonna win on the sept 13...it'll definitely be man utd...heh! now i think wat should we do is to call all the manchester united, chelsea, liverpool, arsenal and even aston villa to join forces and KICK MANCHESTER CITY's BUTT !!!! show the arabic tycoon what exactly has he got himself into by getting involve in the english premier league...i give him 1 season to sack mark hughes and i give him another 1 season to sack himself...:D

Haha NOW WE'RE TALKING! These Arab guys have come in with too much fanfare. Let's give them the hostile reception they deserve. I somehow preferred it when Man City was owned by Thaksin. Things were much better.

yes all the big names players would be coming in...it would be really entertaining to watch EPL week in week out...but in the long run, they are just spoiling the club's youth system...the young players from the academy wouldnt have the chance to make a name of themselves in the 1st team cos the owners/managers of the club kept fielding players which they bought and not players that they developed...this applies not only to man city but also to the rest of the clubs as well...

and anyways, i was watching football focus on ESPN yesterday nite and John Dykes (the football pundit) said dat man city's owner bought man city for entertainment and business purposes and NOT football !

Latest posts

Back