Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

argh. 1-1. haha.

but well played. jonny evans is looking real promising.

and it was funny when big sam said "they brought o'shea on cause ronaldo is clearly not tracking back".. haha

ref was clearly f***ed in the head. pure s***bag that bald a** clown.

fair result, imo. but man utd. f***ing disappointing. i was waiting for fergie to take off berbatov for tevez. and that old wrinkled prune didn't.

chelsea clearly dominated the second half, controlled the midfield. had soooooo much space.

man utd needs a solution, quick. fergie needs to have variety to his play. too d*** bloody predictable nowadays.

can't even hold a f***en' lead.

Last edited:
man u ef-ing sucks (period). sucks so bad. dont even deserve to draw. i'd be satisfied with a 1-0 loss.

sheer overconfidence from last season. i'm embarrassed to be a man u fan.

something freaking needs to be done man. fergie go dry berbatovs hair. and that arrogant ronaldo. they all need to freaking wake up

ah.. don't know what fergie doing mann.. all the hype about berbatov. now that they sign him, the gameplay doesn't make use of his height -.- i havent seen his height being used as an advantage in any attacking plays yet. i have always thought that players like fletcher and o'shea should be rotting in the reserves instead. look at all the other talents manu had on the bench (ie tevez giggs nani ronaldo) and even anderson who wasn't part of the team.

and what was up with mike riley o_O is today a spam-manu-with-yellow-cards day? hahaha. if only manu still had pique.. lets hope the next match will be better. heh

and what was up with mike riley o_O is today a spam-manu-with-yellow-cards day? hahaha. if only manu still had pique.. lets hope the next match will be better. heh

well, the players did tackle rashly. and most of the tackles were waaaaaaaaay off timing.

and who needs pique when they got jonny evans!

Pique? But got Jonny Evans, saviour of the world!

And I ain't gonna chill on the profanities. I'm downright disappointed and if I knew Fergie personally, he would've already gotten the boot to his right eyebrow and a baseball up his arse.

I won't say they suck, 'cos they don't. They've just had many off days and so far, I don't see them trying to do anything about it. Apart from the goal, there was no other bright spots in their attack. Lame, weak, meek, fired blanks.

Lame, weak, meek, fired blanks.

yes lame is the word i'd use.

well, next game's at home to boro in the carling. better dont f*** up. scully that alves score twice again. fergie probably going to let all the reserves play again so i would put my hopes high.

theres always bolton next in the league for reconciliation.

yea mann relax la.. swearing and cursing wont make manu play better and i agree that there are minors around here so we should watch our language la..

anyhows, i hope manu really buck up la. i wonder how kalou managed to go unmark when there were so many red shirts in the box o_O and needless to say, 2nd half manu's midfield was like non-existent pretty shocking i must say.

oh beat me senseless then.

i will continue to use profanities until james warns me. in the meantime. i'll censor them with *.

and i felt that gary neville is still way off the mark. he seemed very vulnerable today in my opinion.

im really surprised that fergie opted to play more defensively towards the end by bringing O'shea on.should have played Tevez instead of O'shea.cant see the flowing passes and dominance they had last season.I refuse to believe that this isnt United's season cause they have they same squad.but this squad has depth and potential.

well as a true Man Utd fan i'd use vulgarities when United arent firing all cylinders.

Exactly. Clearly Fergie was opting for a draw. Honestly though, I think it was the right move. Chelsea was clearly dominating at that point and it's always good to have an extra defensive-minded player to put in your penalty box, and when the opponent's on the offense.

However, I think Fergie should've brought on Tevez for Berbatov.

well as a true Man Utd fan i'd use vulgarities when United arent firing all cylinders.

Thank you.

Well, here's my opininion of the game.
At least from what I saw in this game Berbatov did much better than the Liverpool game where he was nowhere to be seen after Man U scored.
You could see him try to chase the ball although that is not a big part of his game.
The service was just not good enough.

What was disappointing for me was how Rooney played.
He hasn't been at his best ever since the season started to be honest.
He looked like he has put on some weight.
Yeah, you could say he tracked back a few times to defend, worked hard for the team and all but up front where he was most needed he was woeful.
A lot of his passes didn't reach a teammate.
I would have liked to see him being dropped for Tevez instead to partner Berbatov.

The midfield was just being overrun in the 2nd half.
Without Scholes or Carrick there was noone with the ability to hold on to the ball and calm things down in there.
Creativity was also lacking in that department.
I didn't even know Fletcher was playing until Scholes was substituted and he had to take up more resposibility.
Hargreaves and Park did well in the 1st half but began to tire in the 2nd.
Man U could have gone on to win if the midfield didn't crumble like they did.

Yeah, Chelsea scored from Man U's poor marking during that free kick but other than that I thought the defence was superb.
Young Evans deserved praise for his steady performance at the back.
Vidic would have been proud.
That's 2 solid performances so far against quality oppositions.
Evra was brilliant going forward but was outnumbered a few times when Park was substituted.
I've never liked Kuszcak cos when he plays I always feel Man U are going to concede a goal or two.
He doesn't have that commanding presence or calming influence about him.
I rate Ben Foster 10x better than him.

So all in all, I think Man U really need to buck up that midfield to get back to winning ways.
You can't expect the strikers to chase for every ball in every game.
Strikers like Rooney will be in the dumps in 3 or 4 years time if he has to do that for 50-60 games every season.

i seriously didnt think fergie made the right selection for the game.im surprised why he picked park instead of nani or ronaldo.plus its getting more ridiculous when he plays rooney out wide.he hasnt been that effective down the wings.

berba is just a rip-off.his work rate is so pathetic.tevez can out run him any day.not what i expect from bulgaria's player of the year.

nothing much about the defence except that fergie must get a good replacement for the advancing years of G.Neville.Hargreaves hasnt been doing his job.didnt really close dont ballack or lampard outside the box.

kuszcak was playing very decently and lucky United, VDS isnt injured.

its time fergie deploy a better team with creativity,flair,determination and dominance.with all the big shot games over.they should have a good run of form from now on starting with bolton.

fergie made the wrong decision to put tevez in the subs bench...at the very least, should have let him come on instead of john o'shea...and as for dimitar berbatov...he is freaking lazy man! as he were when he was at spurs! he looks the same like the van nistelrooy kind of player but in actual fact he is not! van nistelrooy made a huge impact when he came to manutd and scored on his debut...but i shall gif him a benefit of a doubt tho...gif him maybe 2 more games b4 he really settles in...and oh ya, i think berbatov is to be blame for chelsea's goal...he should have marked kalou instead of ball watching

and i think i read in a earlier post dat fergie should play nani instead of park ji sung...well, i disagree...nani is the fancy kind of player dat produces nothing...if u look at park ji sung and his work rate is just tremendous...fergie even admitted dat he is one of the fittest player in the man utd squad...he is not fancy, don have the physical presence but he make it all up with his work rate...

and for the goalkeeping issue, i agree dat ben foster is many2 times better den tomasz kuszcak...foster is just unlucky dat he has so many injuries...but fergie has faith in ben foster...dats y he didnt sell or release him...he is keeping him for future use when van der sar retires...and i'll assure u, he'll be worth the wait...he WILL be future england number 1...

Latest posts

Back