Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

ah.. eversince queiroz left, fergie has been making pretty dubious decisions about the team lineups and gameplays and stuff.

i agree that berbatov's workrate has been pretty bad and tevez would've done a better job. i thought playing park was a good decision just not fletcher. and it was pretty weird for hargreaves to be playing further out on the wing rather in the centre of the field.

I'm just surprise why Mike Riley gives so many yellow cards to man utd players...is he a chelsea fan or what? haha...

the reason he puts hargreaves on the wing was to keep up with ashley cole overlapping runs which i think he did fairly well...just like how he did in the champions league final...fletcher is another player with excellent work rate...personally, i think paul scholes standard has dropped tremedously...he still has the vision for providing killer passes...but he also gives away alot of fouls unnecessarily...i think wat fergie should do to scholes is wat he is doing for ryan giggs...put them both in the bench and bring them in as a substitute as an "impact" player...

since mike riley gave united 6 yellow cards compared to chelsea 1 yellow card whereas their tackles are just as bad as united, now man utd gotta fork out 25K to pay the fine...luckily AIG didnt go bankrupt...heh! :D

and i think i read in a earlier post dat fergie should play nani instead of park ji sung...well, i disagree...nani is the fancy kind of player dat produces nothing...if u look at park ji sung and his work rate is just tremendous...fergie even admitted dat he is one of the fittest player in the man utd squad...he is not fancy, don have the physical presence but he make it all up with his work rate...

i have to agree with Park's work rate.but United's recent run of form and their approach to the game lacks creativity and pace.if tevez was playing then he would make up for nani's laziness.Park is a great player at his own thats why he's being brought into the squad from PSV but he lacks that creativity and flair that United needs so much dearly to win games.

anyone watched the manu-boro league cup match? i gotta say the team that played showed much better football than the team that played against chelsea. of course you can't compare boro with chelsea la but the point is the players showed much better flowing football la. i thought rafael played damn well in gary neville's position. possebon was good in midfield as well. pity he received a horrendous tackle. in fact i thought it was a damn good squad out there except maybe it should be ferdinand instead of brown in centre of defence beside vidic and evra instead of o'shea on the left.

brown seems to like to help opponents aye? own goal against chelsea then boro's goal he helped to deflect the ball in. haha don't know la

brown is those who cockup during occasions.but average BPL games he can do a good job.the match aganist boro has lots of positives and room more improvement.

with a little more experienced players in the line-up can help the youngster flourish.ben amos is a good prospect by the way.despite being small and lack in height.

this is the time where Man Utd will overhaul the league and shows the champions calebre.chelsea you have woken the devil in United.GO RED DEVILS!!

ah yes ben amos is definitely a great future prospect. how bout welbeck? i thought he showed some brilliant sparks here and there too. had a few shots pity he couldn't register a goal to his name. thought he deserved one

brown seems to like to help opponents aye? own goal against chelsea then boro's goal he helped to deflect the ball in. haha don't know la

So you're saying he does this on purpose. Oh hell no, he doesn't. The own goal against Chelsea wasn't his fault and was a tad unfortunate on the deflection that led to Boro's goal.

I'd like to see you do better.

I really liked the youngsters' performances in the League Cup tie. Very encouraging. All of them were in the mix of things and the outfielders had very nice touches, passes and exchanges whether attacking or defending.

Was thoroughly impressed by the two Brazilians - Rodrigo Possebon and, especially, Rafael.

Some passages of play were fantastic as well.

Let's hope this would continue in the remaining season.

Last edited:
id choose frazier campbell than welbeck anyday.he looked very vulnerable to the boro defence.but full marks to him being able to test the goal keeper against the likes of pogatetz in the boro defence.

but i was particularly impressed by darren gibson,rodrigo possebon and rafael da silva.impressive play and composure.played like they were regulars.impressive stuff from them.

id choose frazier campbell than welbeck anyday.he looked very vulnerable to the boro defence.but full marks to him being able to test the goal keeper against the likes of pogatetz in the boro defence.

but i was particularly impressed by darren gibson,rodrigo possebon and rafael da silva.impressive play and composure.played like they were regulars.impressive stuff from them.

True. But Frazier Campbell's on a season's long loan at Tottenham.

Also, Welbeck's just 17. Campbell's 21. Age difference plays a part.

Campbell was part of the playoff-winning Hull City, and was their top scorer. He has had consistent and regular playing time in a first team (not youth team) unlike Welbeck.

obviously im not saying that brown's doing that on purpose duh -.- that'd be quite dumb for him to do. i'm just saying his performance has been rather worrying.

welbeck's still young and i hope he can develop into a star striker =D campbell's really fast and yea thankfully he's only on a loan and not a permanent deal at spurs. i thought anderson played pretty well against boro too.

brown seems to like to help opponents aye?

Perhaps you should to learn to word out your thoughts more specifically then. 2cts. Easy to misinterpret over the net.

But yeah, I agree that his performances have been worrying. The whole team, actually. Really frustrating but it was good to see better football against 'Boro. I'm praying they can use the 'Boro game as a platform and improve from there, and possibly go on a killer run of victories. Heh.

Anderson needs to work on his shooting, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Anderson sucks at shooting.but he sure got power.he might tear the net.he should try to thunder-bolt the ball into the net.well he is scholesy successor isnt he.so gotta play like scholes.he already got that killer pass and deathly touch to rip opposition defence into shreads.

dont worry about brown.thats the reason why he isnt at newcastle and still a red devil.cause he can play like a rebel.but i see danny simpson as G.Neville's replacement.is he on loan or sold to blackburn?

Haha.

Danny Simpson? Eeky. He's on a season's long loan at Blackburn. Honestly, I rate Rafael a lot higher than him.

Rafael should be able to play in a season or two, compete with Neville and Brown for the RB spot.

I've always wanted to see Alan Hutton at Man Utd, and how he would fit in. Any idea why he's not getting time at Tottenham, by the way?

aight. sorry for the misunderstanding man.

danny simpson? havent seen him play eh.. haven't been watching enough soccer i guess. but yea i think rafael can compete for that spot in a season or two. i think by then neville wouldn't be playing ready? how's fabio? anyone seen the other twin in action yet?

you all mention welbeck, campbell, anderson and even wes brown

another player worth mentioning is RODRGIO POSSEBON...he did excellently well until the muthafreaking horrific tackle by pogatez(however u spelt it)...he got good first touch, control the ball well, got a few fancy moves, loses the ball rarely and best of all, he's only 18 or 19 ! under the guidance of fergie, wat a player he'll be, say, 5 years time maybe? he reminds me of owen hargreaves...hell, in fact he looks alike with hargreaves with the hair and all...

jeepers cool lah.english perfectionist.haha.lol.but its good that you have such great awareness towards proper usage of english.

i think the player that hasnt been given credit for his superb services is Michael Carrick.he is the unsung-hero in the United team.he is just superb.i can spend hours watching him play.credit to west ham for their youth product with the likes of Rio Ferdinand,Joe Cole,Frank Lampard etc.

after this i can sum up that United's future is in good hands.with proper guidance nothing will go wrong.

the only thing that i fear is when Sir Alex Ferguson leaves,i guess no one could or would be able to fill his spot. Scolari would be awesome though but who else can replace FERGIE?!!

UNITED might never be the same after Fergie's retirement.DAMN..

Latest posts

Back