Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

i am still awaiting fergie to field all 4 of his best attacking players in the starting line up...ronaldo, berbatov, rooney, tevez and hell, make it 5 players - ryan giggs...all 5 will not just stick to their main positions...they will be mobile players from forward to centre midfield to left midfield to forward to right midfield...this will really really make them hard to mark!!!!

im wary that sometimes too much creativity in the team might lead them to over-doing it such as Real Madrid.sometimes plan simple can prove much more deadlier than fancy.

MAN U now have problem in the middle, lack of center mid.
hargreaves
carrick
scholes
possebon all out injured
left with only flecther,anderson and gibson avail

DARREN '24' FLETCHER!!

i felt djemba-djemba could have made it good in that position but then again,fergie sold him away.haha

who needs them when we got mighty John O'Shea!!!

well thats the reason why fergie decided to make Giggs a center midfielder this season.and there are reports that United are after Turkish sensation Sercan Yildirim.

do a check on him.i have no idea about this guy.but fear not United fans the great No. 4 of United Owen Hargreaves is back.so the void left in the midfield wont be a problem.

you just have to admire the depthness of the squad.simply fantastic.

if i were fergie, 2moro against blackburn, i would play a 4-2-3-1...van der sar, brown, ferdinand, vidic, evra, fletcher and O'shea or hargreaves(both of them as defensive midfielders), ronaldo, tevez, giggs(3 of them roaming around the entire pitch) and berbatov as lone striker with the support of the 3 fellas behind him...

2-0 win against bolton and 3-0 win against aalborg is a sign dat manutd are going into full speed...

Man united to win 2-1

against blackburn
(berbatov,ronaldo-santa cruz)

Van der sar
neville rio vidic evra
ronaldo fletcher anderson nani
tevez berbatov

hmm.. blackburn will give a hard fight.

wait, the keeper isn't brad friedel!! we can thrash blackburn!!

2-nil or 3-nil.. another berba goal..

i hope United uses this match to get back into the winning stride which then they can look forward to steam roll the league.

Berba and Tevez upfront promises great attacking football.I hope Ando can deliver the goods with those deadly through balls and maybe grab a goal for himself.

not really a mouth-watering encounter but one to watch if you wanna know how champions play when their key-players are out.

I think Berba will have a better partnership with Rooney than Tevez. Rooney seems more selfless and is much more of a team player. But both are indispensable and Man Utd will be back to winning ways baby!

man utd played brilliantly against blackburn...controlling the game with 60 percent possesion of the ball...and yesteday game was berbatov better games for united...ALOT of running from him...did go deep a few times to get the ball...and it doesnt matter if berbatov goes deep cos when he looks up, ronaldo and rooney and even fletcher is upfront awaiting for his super passes...so dats more like it from berbatov instead of his usual self of waiting lonely upfront being lazy and waiting for the ball...i give him maybe about 1 more month b4 he has good understanding with ronaldo, rooney, tevez and giggs...he tried some fancy passes but some of it went astray...but its okay...he makes it all up with the running...

another thing which catches my eye is the partnership and understanding with ronaldo and rooney...nothing beats the partnership or ronnie and rooney...the 2nd goal against blackburn says it all...the understanding between both them is i think going into its 4th year now(rooney joined manutd in 2004)...the partnership blossomed only in the 2006-2007 season after van nistelrooy left....it will take time for rooney to build a good partnership with berbatov but it did look promising...so after the international games, its FULL SPEED AHEAD for united so other teams beware!

Last edited:
Jaap Stam Back At Old Trafford !!!

i dunno how true this is but....

Former center back Jaap Stam is back on the Manchester United payroll. The Dutchman has reportedly picked up a scouting job at Old Trafford...

Jaap Stam left Manchester in a hurry in 2001 after publishing his autobiography. The former defender criticized manager Alex Ferguson and some of his team-mates in his book and was subsequently sold to Italian outfit Lazio.

'The Bald Slayer' then played for three seasons with Lazio before moving on to AC Milan, where he spent two seasons. He returned to The Netherlands in order to end his career with Amsterdam giants Ajax in 2007.

He made more than 80 appearances for Manchester United and was regarded as one of the world's best defenders before his book caused some friction between himself and fiery Scot Sir Alex. The latter, however, recently announced that letting go of Stam was one of the rare mistakes he's made during his long career.

Now, seven years after his move to Italy, Stam has returned to his beloved Manchester. The 36-year-old has reportedly accepted a scouting job and has already visited Brazil to have a look at hot prospect Douglas Costa, who's currently playing for Gremio

My gosh...........i thought fergie's motto was never forgive or forget! Oh well...........but if this is true, then we can wave goodbye to Man U youth academy............i heard somewhere that Stam has 'unearthed' many flops...............as in when he gave a player his blessing, the player turned out to be a flop. Something like Luka Modric, Darren Bent kinda thingy if u know what i mean.

Papers: Real back in for Ron

Ronaldo still wants Real deal
Just when Sir Alex Ferguson must have thought he had heard the last of Cristiano Ronaldo’s possible transfer to Real Madrid for this year, the Spanish side’s coach, Bernd Schuster, has claimed the Manchester United winger still wants to join the Primera Liga champions.
Real’s pursuit of Ronaldo this summer was one of the most protracted and high-profile transfer sagas of recent years, and it infuriated United so much that they threatened to complain to UEFA.
It ended in disappointment for Madrid, with the Portugal winger opting to remain at Old Trafford. However, the 23-year-old Ronaldo has made no secret of his desire to play for Madrid one day and Schuster believes a deal could be struck in 2009.
“I think there is a chance [of Ronaldo joining Real next season]. He really wants to,” said Schuster. “I think it will be a little more complicated for his club to retain him. There is hope that next year he could be with us. You need to do everything possible [to sign Ronaldo] because this player is worth it. Since the start I thought it was possible though difficult. Possible because the player really showed an interest.
“The information I had said him coming was a real possibility, the meetings were very positive. But after his face to face with Ferguson I knew he wasn’t coming.”
The Telegraph, Charles Carrick

Elsewhere, there's very little United news in the papers: instead, the focus is on England as Fabio Capello's side prepare to face Belarus on Wednesday. However, The Star and The Guardian have reported Reds chief executive David Gill has joined the FA's 2018 World Cup bid committee.~
Round up by Nick Coppack

when will Real and Ronny give up the fact that United aint gonna make way for the No.7 man.

REAL seriously has issues and so does Schuster. They have to stop their "I WANT YOU,MATI MATI MUST HAVE YOU" way.Its super irritating la.

But I read somehow,I digress from this revived ronaldo saga that United and Chelsea risk being booted out of the Champions League Becos of the debts that they have.NIGHTMARE!!

WHY PLATINI WHY !!!

well at PLANTINI beats stupid FIFA president Sepp Blatter.The fifa president dude is out to get United.He Must Be REMOVED!!

platini has issues with United and Chelsea.claiming that the last Champions League Final was possible because United and Chelsea have more spending power compared to other teams in the competition.

he's just being a whinner now.both United and Chelsea are following the limited home-grown players that the competion requires and i dont think debts should be brought into the situation.

with winning trophies they can clear debts.so...im speechless.

Latest posts

Back