Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

it would be the same if carlos quieroz didnt leave for portugal.cause he was hot fav to replace the great SAF.

It just would be sad to see fergie go...who could replace SAF.Any candidates?!

haha..and thsi season hasn't started well and berba starting to look like a dud.ok maybe its to soon to judge but for the money splurged on him..ah...BENZEMA...

i would have gone for huntelaar cause he's the hunter!lol

benzema has some bad streak.trouble maker.before SAF throws another boot across the dressing room.but for the money.Sergio Aguèro.wonderkid.

potential SAF replacements.hmmm.the special one Jose Mourinho,Martin O'Neill.well the only names that can carry the United heritage of winning titles.would be great if Roy Keane was called upon to manage United.

haha,i don't think keane has the pedigree to carry united ..for now.. plus he made a couple of pretty harsh remarks before he left but still,his probably one of my favourite captains for united.KEANO!!

Mourinho would be cool,though controversial at times,he does have the charisma and character to lead united.not sure on Martin O'Neill though.

Strikers wise,Berba never seem to be the man for me..maybe its just me but berba kind of,to me looks like andy garcia from ocean 11 or godfather haha...

Yea,huntellar would have been good..another dutch man like RUUUUDDDDD!!

everyone seems to be making talkin bout aguero...even man city are after him.

Man city is like another chelsea or R. madrid...everybody also want.tevez la,ronaldo la,messi la...bahhhh

Dime: We mentioned Rodrigo Possebon, sang his praises. But searchthecity didn't see it. That's all, wasn't questioning his grasp of the English language. My engrish ish nort that powderful.

I've always wanted Mourinho to take over at Man Utd.

And for Carlos Queiroz to take over SAF, no way man.

jeepers engrish not powderful also can lah.

if Mourinho really took the hot seat.United will be unbeatable.glazers should start saving some money to compensate mourinho away from inter when SAF leaves.

yeaa i was hoping SAF would've saved some money and went for huntelaar instead of berbatov. well like berba, huntelaar already expressed his desire to play for manu but haha his plea went ignored probably. and he's younger than berba, got alot more years ahead of him which gives him room to hopefully become like RVN or even better. but ohwells, let's just see how berba performs in the games to come. hopefully he'll show his worth :)

Fergie would NEVER let someone with a defensive mind take over manu. As much as mourinho is an excellent manager and a friend of ferguson, for that reason I dont think he would be the manager.

And has anyone seen how sunderland are playing this season? BLOODY GOOD football, nice passing and attacking play. It really raised my impression of Keane as a manager by ALOT. I d put my money on keane taking over anytime.

And yeah I hope berbatov adapts quickly. Not just him but the team too. Not taking advantage of his height AT ALL yet, because they are used to players like rooney and tevez up front, who come back to fight for the ball. Sooner or later once the team and berbatov get used to each other, Im expecting obscene amounts of goals each game like last season:D

well recent reports when fergie expressed his desire to retire after another 3 seasons,Martin O'Neill has been tipped to take over the reigns of the Scot.

Martin like Fergie managed Scottish League teams Celtic Glasgow and Aberdeen respectively.But i wont be surprised if The Special One takes the hot seat when Fergie leaves.cause i think Mourinho can deliver the tactics that to provide the attacking prowess that United do week in week out.

And i think Fabio Capello has a chance too.if he fails his England project,most likey David Gill is gonna pull him.heard from some report that Capello is much more similar to Fergie.well that im not too sure.

Lolz...........to me most of this is just talk. For sure, there really is none who can replace Fergie. He's the best, besides Shankly and Paisley. If i were to pick a manager to go back to Man U, i'd pick David Moyes. He's young, got a good eye for a transfer and knows how to win, ugly most of the time, but he's in charge of Everton for goodness sake. With players like Berbatov, Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo, he's sure to be able to produce the goods. Moyes' managerial style is similar to Fergie's too. If not him, then Roy Keane.

i think i fancy any of the former ManUtd players as SAF's sucessor. all of them gots their various strengths. and weaknesses of course. interesting that they all played under SAF too.

Steve Bruce - Strength: the teams he manages always tend to have the fighting spirit in them.
Weakness - transfers? to be fair, birmingham and wigan don't have much in the bank.

Roy Keane - Strength: management style seems very similar to SAF, to me at least. he is sure a big presence in the locker room.
Weakness - lacks the experience?

Mark Hughes - Strength: rough playing tactics. emphasis on physical battles, very british tactics.
Weakness? same as strength.

and maybe giggs in the very distant future?

i can only see giggs as the assistant manager to Òle for the reserves.if not a first team coach.but mourinho for the seat.

United back on track with a satisfying but close to convincing 2-0 victory over Bolton.Ronny and Wazza on hand to guide United to the win.

towards the end when Scholes came on.i could see the difference he makes with the passes which lacked at the start of the game.United is gonna miss him when his playing days are over.

haha, i agree about giggs. i dont think he'll be more than a coach.

the game, haha. the penalty is a wrong decision i have to say. ronny didn't dive, and j.lloyd samuel got the ball. bad call from the ref.

but rooney's goal is a beaut. the chemistry between those two are definitely strong. and berbatov seemed more lively when rooney came on.

manu played really well towards the end. should've added more goals to their tally imo.

i thought berba was definitely more lively against bolton than he has ever been. he was like all over the field. at times, i thought he was being too lively and getting too much in the thick of action. like at times when there was a break by a player, there's noone upfront cause berba was back defending (which is good la that he's helping out) when one would usually expect berba to be camping up front waiting to pounce on whatever ball he can get.

rooney's goal was just beautiful. not just the shot but the buildup itself. ronaldo and rooney and then rooney's dummy which was so perfect and then his curling shot. wah damn nice.

hope its a sign of better times to come for the team =))

Indeed, great job frm the lads. haha. hopefully this is a start to us having a 30 game winning streak?!?! :D

Nice scissor kick by Dimitar. Back to winning beautiful again eh? As for Steve Bruce, transfers are his strength. With half of Dimitar's fee, he bought Antonio Valencia, Wilson Palacios and Amr Zaki. And they're owning right now. Given more money, i'd love to see the kind of players he can unearth. It scares me.

Man Utd will prove their worth now that Berba has gone into gear.

die chelscum,liverpile and ARSEnal.

Latest posts

Back