Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Ya 18 titles but since the Premier League was founded in 1992, Liverpool has'nt won the league title ;) yet...

yeah...liverpool should start winning the premier league then talk lah. they only have themselves to blame for the 11 draws this season.

ok my bad...this is a Man Ure thread...sorry...man ure fans..
there is always an end to a beginning...

glory glory man ure-nited...glory glory man ure-nited..!!!

trivia : if you guys are really die hard Utd fans...name me the only united player who have represented 2 different national teams whilst still playing for Utd...

duh...poser fans need not apply...

MORNING MY FELLOW MAN UTD FANS!!

and.....

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!
Come on, you Devils!! Just 1 point away from the trophy now!!!

Stay cool, people. :cool: The boys of Man Utd are gonna make us real proud....VERY SOON.

HEY UNITED FANS!

I watch watching tv last night & caught an interview given by Fergie. He was asked about Tevez's future at OT. It seems that Man Utd have already offered him a contract but according to Tevez's agent, he claims no such thing happened. So, who's lying now?

*Taken off www.manutd.com*

"Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that United are still hopeful of keeping Carlos Tevez beyond the end of his loan spell, and he's unlikely to find any dissenting voices in the Reds' dressing room.

The Argentine underlined his worth with his second vital goal in four days, audaciously flicking United level at Wigan, and colleagues Michael Carrick and John O'Shea were quick to back any move to keep Tevez at the club
."

Evidently, all Tevez's colleagues want him to stay a Red Devil.
I was just wondering what you guys feel about our current predicament with C.Tevez & about Ronny's alleged move to Madrid. Do let me know, ya, if youve got views to share. :D

TEVEZ
i saw this article in thenewpaper sometime back about him. the writer blames tevez for this predicament because it was tevez who decided to sell his fate to the sports agent. i definitely agree with the writer.

no doubt, SAF, the board, the players, the fans want tevez to stay, but the biggest stumbling block is that of making an agreement with the agent.

bout agent claiming no offers, he could be lying cause he had openly mentioned that several big clubs (real, barca, and even liverpool) are interested in signing tevez. news like manutd offering a contract to tevez would definitely hurt his (the agent) business deals and stuff like that.

RONALDO
what else is there to be said that hasn't already? haha.

i wouldn't mind him leaving as long as there is a competent successor to the line of great no.7s..

Hey ZULLIO!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

About Tevez, yes, i most definitely agree with you on that. Sadly, he got himself into his current predicament. But then again, he was really young (& possibly a tad bit naive too) when he got himself involved with MSI & Kia Joorabchian. So, as much as I wanna say it's his fault that he's in this messy web, it's hard coz for all we know, MSI had indirectly preyed on his naivitivity as a young guy with big dreams of wanting to get out into the footballing world & mix it up with the big boys of football.

And yes, as for Ronny, it's cool as long as someone of equal competence is brought in to replace him. I hear Ribery is Utd's next target? :mrgreen:

United have taken way too long to decide on Tevez.

If he goes, I hope nobody blames him. I know I won't.

He's been at the club for close to 2 years. Just based on last year's performance they should've signed him, but they didn't. Why? Beats me. He's a marvelous player. Workrate 109%. The players appreciate him so very much, the fans adore him.

A great sight, when you see him play with Rooney. How they connect with each other.

I don't give a rat's ass about Ronaldo. He can stay or he can go. Either way works. For the good of the club, he should go. He's getting more ballsy. Or rather, stupid. Standing up to Fergie only spells trouble. Twice, he's done it, recently. Man City, then Wigan. Stupid stupid stupid. No doubt he's one hell of a player, though. Won't be easy for anyone to replace him.

Last edited:
hahaha...some fella can't take the heat and minus off my rep points...
whateva lah mr bigblackbear...

Liverpool for the EPL
Barcelona for the CL
Arsenal for this week game...

Man U KALAH...MAN U KALAH..

hahaha...some fella can't take the heat and minus off my rep points...
whateva lah mr bigblackbear...

Man U KALAH...MAN U KALAH..

Your rep points minused? Well, it's just that it's not too nice to be going into your rivals' threads & dissing their clubs openly. I love Man Utd to death but you can never find me dissing my rivals in other threads like the Arsenal Thread, Pool or Chelsea thread. A little teasing here & there is usually alright but there must be a line drawn somewhere. It's just a matter of courtesy, I feel. I mean, you could do that in the neutral threads like the Football Thread Vol 2 or the CL Thread. But why come into a thread specifically designed & set up by a fervent Man Utd fan for all other Man Utd fans to convene? Not cool at all lah, brudder. Not cool.

Last edited:
Back