Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Italian league and the English league cannot be compared.Look at Mourinho when he was at Chelski.He was chased closely by rival teams.But in Italy,he made Inter leave their rivals in the dust.

Shows the quality of Italian football.30 goals in Serie A could be 10 goals in the Premiership.

Striker dilema and 2 similar players.Why should we focus on him?Well the same cant be said for Fergie's plan.If he does capture Ibrahimovic then I hope Fergie makes full use of the 4 strikers or we're gonna see players unsettled.

I'm worried about how a Rooney will take to the rotations.

I actually think 4 strikers is kinda a lot, considering 3 out of 4 are brilliant players who can command first team football.

I just would really hate it if Rooney got upset about being benched. I'd be heartbroken if he leaves.

Fergie had better think 4x, man.

to me, signing of Ibrahimovic would do more harm than good to the team dynamics. to me, he is a player with a big ego, and always want the spotlight to be on him..

the past two seasons, the spotlight has been on Ronaldo. and i truely believe that its Rooney's turn to stand in the spotlight and shine like never before.

but then again, its just me.

Well the team has got to have that '99 mentality where the team winning is more important.I believe Rooney is fine with it but the English media will start throwing thrash talk about Fergie's tactics.

Lets see what happens.

mourinho at chelsea was pure class, you gotta admit the first season he took over, he was just genius. but comparing berbatov and zlatan, who's the one you see look more eager to play?

still ever since Rvn's departure manu doesnt have a clinical finisher

I believe Berba would be a better player than Ibrahimovic.Then again we dont need another Ronaldo at the same time like Zullio has mentioned.

I'm looking forward to Berba making his mark at United in the upcoming season and also looking forward to seeing Hargreaves leave his injury days behind.

BTW, will any of you guys be buying the new Utd jersey soon?

BTW, will any of you guys be buying the new Utd jersey soon?

I ordered mine already. To be collected on the launch date, 16/07/09. You want to order? Not sure if I can post it here. I PM you for a good deal. Today is the last day for the promotion.

I hope to get it soon though.Heard the previous season's jersey is going off cheaper.

Yep, just last week i bought the white away previous season's jersey. Was so happy cos they had the women's size. WOO!! I'm wearing it to work next week! But i couldn't decide which player's name to emblazon across the back!!

RYANZ : Thanks!! Got your PM!

Yep, just last week i bought the white away previous season's jersey. Was so happy cos they had the women's size. WOO!! I'm wearing it to work next week! But i couldn't decide which player's name to emblazon across the back!!

Obviously not Ronaldo.GET ROONEY!

Obviously not Ronaldo.GET ROONEY!

Yea!! I was like almost gonna get Rooney already but then i donno why i suddenly became really concerned that he might leave us a few seasons from now. :???:

Of cos Giggs is the safer choice la! That guy is going down as a legend in Man U's history books!

Well, hey, at least i'm smart enuff to know not to get Hargreaves emblazoned across the back of my jersey! BAHAHA!

a few years back i so wanted to get heinze on my shirt, now that loser is gone.
could have been a great at manu

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back