Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Yea man. As you pointed out, rotation's gonna be a b****

Rooney should not be sacrificed anymore for the team. He should be allowed to play in his natural position.

I wouldn't want Berba or Rooney to be upset when & if rotation sees either of them warming the bench. Couldn't bear the tot of losing them. :(

So, i think we shouldn't sign Huntelaar la.

Hargreaves, Oh Hargreaves.

When shalt thou be fit to play again? :rolleyes:

It would be fantabulous to have him back in the squad next season. I've missed him.

Oh & I was just thinking how much I loved having Henrik Larsson around at Man Utd. He was great for us though he was only around for something like 3 mths.

Last edited:
Well sometimes Ronaldo's freekick are very predictable.But at times can be a killer.I prefer someone who can bend it like Becks.So Hargreaves is the likely candidate and if Anderson has more matches he too can do it.

Wonder if Nani can take freekicks cause he usually takes corners.

larsson was freaking awesome man!! this is just one more reason why owen could be a master stroke. he was freaking 36 years old when we signed him on loan. 3 goals for man u. amazing.. i loved him too man.

Oh & I was just thinking how much I loved having Henrik Larsson around at Man Utd. He was great for us though he was only around for something like 3 mths.

imo, it was the most important 3 months ever. his arrival boosted the title charge that season which led to the league title..

Yeah, i was so upset that larsson didnt extend further, else he cld pick up a medal as well. The way he fitted into the team was amazing, its like he had been playing with them for yrs!!! He is still playing well today

imo, it was the most important 3 months ever. his arrival boosted the title charge that season which led to the league title..

Yea, Larsson's short-lived stint at Man Utd was just spectacular. I made sure i didn't miss any match especially cos i wanted to see Larsson play. Yea, we won the title i think 2 mths after he left.

DUDELOVE - Yea, i have an inkling that Owen is gonna be the signing of the year! Fergie somehow has that touch. All the 'matured' players that he signs still play astonishingly good football...Sheringham, Larsson & soon-to-be Owen (tho he ain't as old)

Yeah, i was so upset that larsson didnt extend further, else he cld pick up a medal as well. The way he fitted into the team was amazing, its like he had been playing with them for yrs!!! He is still playing well today

I think Larsson had made a promise to return to the club or something which is why he chose not to extend his loan with us & Fergie respected that promise of his.

DIME: I love Carrick!! I think he's very crucial to our squad. I seem to be liking a lot of Michaels ah? Michael Jackson, Michael Owen, Michael Carrick, Michael Jordan and of cos Michael Shumi. Haha :)

Oh & does Peter Schmeichel count?

gun__1246968691_training07072009_13.jpg

random posting of AFC's new hachet man ...

ZULLIO - "Ibrahimovic could be on United's hitlist. Papers claim Sir Alex Ferguson is weighing up a move for Inter Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Manchester United boss Fergie, who yesterday completed the £3.5million signing of Bordeaux winger Gabriel Obertan, has missed out on several of his top targets to replace Cristiano Ronaldo. Lyon striker Karim Benzema opted to join Real Madrid, while Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery revealed his desire to play in La Liga. That has left Fergie with limited options in terms of finding a forward to supply the goals without Ronaldo - despite the free signing of former England striker Michael Owen. Now Inter striker Ibrahimovic, 27, has emerged as a target, with Fergie having had the Sweden international watched on several occasions last season by his European scouts. Inter would be reluctant to sell £30m rated Ibrahimovic, twice voted Serie A Player of the Year, but sources in Italy suggest they may be persuaded by a sizeable fee."

~ taken off manutd.com

LadyInTears - Haha! Yea man, that would be good! Good thing Mourinho & Fergie are pals :mrgreen:

I'd love for him to succeed Fergie when SAF finally retires from Man Utd.

Oh man not another Berbatov-like forward.Both of them have similar style in my opinion.Good first touch etc.

They need someone who provides more dimension to the play.A HOLDING MIDFIELDER!

look at zlatan, he has everything which berbatov doesnt have.
he has that individual flair and alotta skill, berbatov is just one lazy snob who doesnt even get 30 goals a season

Latest posts

Back