Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Obertan to Man Utd?

"Manchester United are leading the race to sign Girondins Bordeaux starlet Gabriel Obertan, according to the French Ligue 1 club.

The 20-year-old midfielder is regarded as one of France's brightest prospects and has been linked with a host of top clubs, including Inter Milan, AC Milan, Chelsea and Arsenal.

But Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud claims that the Red Devils are closest to signing the France U21 international.

There is a very strong likelihood that the deal will go ahead, Triaud told L'Equipe. "Manchester United want to sign him and, for our part, we would be delighted to see Gabriel playing for such a prestigious club."

~ taken off soccernet.com

French ah? ai yah cfmn Wenger will get him lah .... :p

Ai ya, just remember. Wenger almost always doesn't get what he wants.

For so so so many seasons now, Wenger has been wanting to win the BPL title.

Ahh....we all know how the story goes. :mrgreen:

haha...Arsene Wenger should really move to other clubs..

Why he like Arsenal so much? Think give him Manchester City maybe he can do better.=)

Haha....I think if Wenger went to Man City, he won't know how to spend the money he's given la. He's already too used to not spending much money at Arsenal.

But he's a good manager. He buys players when they are still relatively unknown & then builds them up into good footballers & then ends up selling them off for millions. Like Vieira, Kolo Toure & Van Persie. And of course who can forget Anelka whom Wenger bought for just $500,000 and sold to Real for 22 million.

I don't see Arsenal ever giving my wrinkled friend the boot. :cool:

Wait a minute. Why the fish am i singing the praises of Wenger? This is a Man Utd thread!!

Last edited:
Those crazy dribbling from Costa very much reminds me of Ronaldinho when he was at Gremio.Not forgetting our midfield wizard Anderson who played for the same club.

He looks very fast and agile but I dont know if he can withstand the bombarding tackles of the Premier League.Hopefully he'll turn out to be another sensation.

We need to shore up the central midfield with a world class player. Honestly, scholes isn't young anymore. At best, carrick n fletch are only good players. ANderson needs more time n consistency.

Look at the other clubs, chelsea has got lamps, liverpool has steven gerrard n alonso, arsenal has cesc, and these are players who makes the difference. I cant see scholes doing it 30 games a season any longer, and carrick n fletch will never be able to do it.

Any potential??

Any potential??

obertan?? HAHA :mrgreen:

i agree with u. the game against barcelona really showed how badly we need a holding player capable of controlling the midfield.

since roy keane left, there has been none.

imo, man u should stop searching for strikers, no matter how nice it seems to add a proven goalscorer to the club. get what we really need.:mrgreen:

Last edited:
for me,anderson isn't no where near overrated.

his done well.Maybe he has not score but his done well for utd.

With anderson its about potential. But the media has been kind to him, always remembering his good games. Some suay player, play like 30 gd games a yr but fluke 2 matches n always ppl remember that 2 matches... Like vidic this yr

Yea we do need a boost to our midfield.

Scholes getting old. At the most, maybe 1 or 2 more seasons left in him. His fitness will not allow him to play too many games as he gets older.

Yea, ever since Keane left there's been no worthy replacement.

Dudelove - So how? What did you find out about this Obertan fella? :rolleyes:

We still have the other owen don't we, i think he's making a comeback soon, or at least that's waht i hope for.

We still have the other owen don't we, i think he's making a comeback soon, or at least that's waht i hope for.

U mean my dear Canadian friend whom u see like once in 60 matches?

Yep, he's still around. Somewhere.

I seriously think Fergie is gonna give him this one more season to prove himself & for the love of God get fit.

If not, i'm pretty sure Fergie ain't gonna have any qualms about shipping him off elsewhere. But see, who is gonna want him?

So we've gotta at least get him in a playing condition again & then only will we have any hope of selling him off to other clubs in the future.

If not, he's gonna end up free like Owen.

i have always been a fan of players who prove their worth, regardless if they score goals- Vidic is one of them, Dennis Irwin's another...

largeirwin.jpg

Back