Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

as far as i've heard, he's very much like RVN. just not as prolific a striker just yet. sergio aguero is great but i highly doubt the other half of madrid would let him go

As i said, Fergie has his ways & means of getting players he really wants. So i'm hoping that Aguero will be next to don a Man Utd jersey!

LOLZ - WE CHOOSE CAREFULLY UNLIKE THAT RED NOSED SCOTSMAN OF UTD ... :p

At least my red-nosed Scotsman is still cute...And was even cuter in his younger days..

When i see that wrinkly man of yours, i can't ever imagine him having had younger days!

KK, no fighting! Make love, never war. :mrgreen:

he is paid on a play and pay basis.so i guess its fair.

would be bad if utd had two injury ridden with Owen Hargreaves and Michael Owen but imagine if M.owen were to help united to the league this coming season and beat liverpool to it...he will go down as a legend.in both clubs history

if we sign owen, i think he'll sign a 1 year rolling contract. meaning, after one month, either party can terminate the contract by mutual consent.

so if he's not fit enough to last the season, or he gets himself injured, or he really really sucks, man u can simply terminate the contract.

I am still in disbelief...Owen is one player I can NEVER imagine being at Old Trafford. My initial reaction was that Fergie has gone mental. I mean, c'mon! Do we really want another Louis Saha? It's bad enough that Hargreaves is still injured...what if Owen suffers another injury? And he's getting on to be 30 in a few months time. I guess it's prudent and practical because he's a free agent (cheaper), but can he still perform at the same level?

Then again, when Fergie signed Teddy Sheringham in 1997 to replace Cantona, I was in shock too. I thought that Fergie lost it then too. He was already 31 then but went on to play a big part in Man Utd's Treble-winning season in 98-99. So hopefully, I am wrong about Owen as much as I was wrong about Sheringham.

desperate times, desperate measures.

sign Hunterlaar la Sir Alex !!!

imagine sneijder, hunterlaar, van der vaart in man utd.

drools.

what a shocker when i visited the manutd website just moments earlier..

Owen eh.. wow. in all honesty, one of the last players i'd thought that would play for Man Utd..

oh well, he signed, hopefully he'll deliver the goods.

hahahaha....

the red devils have 2 Owens...seems like Man Utd will be owned next season..
if Fergie gonna gone mad..might as well he signed another Owen...Owen Wilson..then can add a bit of Hollywood glamour in...

IMHO, Owen can still be decent for us. I'm sure SAF has something in mind and I know its gonna be good.

both owens just need to stay injury-free...then good things will happen. i hope. dangit. at least i know sir alex didn't spend anything signing him.

Back