Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

is this Obertan dude really that good?
i've read that he flung over at Bordeaux.

all we need now is a good, calm and collective but tough-tackling, good vision defensive mid and a forward who can score 20 to 30 goals per season.

potential defensive mid: Ever Banega from Valencia, Miguel Veloso from Sporting Lisbon, Yaya Toure from Barca, Mohammed Sissoko (Juventus) or Mahmadou Diarra(Real Madrid) or Thomas Gravesen, Marcos Senna and Daniel de Rossi from AS Roma. Remember this Dutchman Orlando Engelaar who donned Netherlands jersey for the recent Euro2008? He's good too.

potential forwards: Hunterlaar from Real Madrid, Sergio Aguero, G.Rossi, Gonzalo Higuain

There is too much wingers in Man Utd right now.I doubt all of them will be as exceptional as CR.

Last edited:
is this Obertan dude really that good?
i've read that he flung over at Bordeaux.

That was when he was just starting out.Got loaned out to Lorient.But got better and even played in the CL against Chelski.

The part about Defensive Midfielders i agree that Ever Banega is a good player.But the other targets are not potentially rewarding.Not even previous target Miguel Veloso is featured in the reports.But if they can secure Moutinho from Sporting Lisbon will be good enough.

That was when he was just starting out.Got loaned out to Lorient.But got better and even played in the CL against Chelski.

The part about Defensive Midfielders i agree that Ever Banega is a good player.But the other targets are not potentially rewarding.Not even previous target Miguel Veloso is featured in the reports.But if they can secure Moutinho from Sporting Lisbon will be good enough.

nah bro Dime...Yaya Toure is good but no one can be as good as the evergreen Claude Makelele when comes to DM position. He's the man. Moutinho playing style is similar to Carrick.

I've not been keeping myself updated with the latest transfer news.

But I hear that Huntelaar is on his way to another club? :rolleyes:

Anyone knows who else Utd are linked with?

me and my frds had a talk over stout last nite abt manu.

we wonder wat will happen to manu this coming season without nani,ronaldo,tevez,scholes etc...

like a new beginning la

bringing ashley young in might not be a phenominal transfer, and he's not what you would call a world class player.

but seeing him play for villa, i would be very pleased if he comes to man u. he's a bloody brilliant player.

RYAN & DUDELOVE - Hmm...Don't think i'd mind having Ashley Young in the Man Utd squad. What do u both think?

We really should stop buying strikers. Enuff la.

It's time to put some pressure on Berba. :mrgreen:

BOONZ - Aiya, trust is just a fancier word for blind faith la.

Jon - Erm...Fergie said that? BAH!! There goes my dreams of seeing Sami Eto'o in a Utd jersey. I share your pain BigBlackBear.

But what Zullio said carries weight. Fergie is highly unpredictable. So we'll never know, will we? ;)

Wow. If Fergie hands Owen the number 7 jersey (which he most likely will ), Owen has some serious shoes to fill cos Ronny was just brilliant for us when he was at Man Utd.

Let's hope injuries don't stand in the way of Owen living up to the expectations of the Number 7 jersey.
:cool:

Adebayor to Man City? Soon.

Ha that's a good laugh. Tevez just completed his move to there and now Adebayor?

Santa Cruz, Tevez, Robinho, Adebayor, Bellamy, Caicedo and Bojinov.

More play time? Right on, Mr. Carlos Tevez.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back