Liverpool vs singapore match.

Faizal - me too - I been going to NS to watch lions since 1982 .. those days we schoolboys get tickets at $1 only .... I even followed them to KUL a few times to watch the Malaysia cup finals including that historic 0-4 win over Pahang ... what a feeling that was ....

But what has owning their jersey got to do with being a true blue supporter ... ? Ys I owned several set of SG jerseys from the admiral, Puma, Adidas era .... and I currently own every home & away Arsenal jersey (make that entire kit for some seasons) since 1979 ... Its whats is "inside" you that defines an individual as a supporter...

I recall some matches in the past where the NS was packed with our opponent's supporters - comprising of foreign workers ..I'm sure glad the commentator then didnt annoouce .. "This is Rangoon" or This is "Bangkok" ......

I don't understand why softies get so touchy this mth? Maybe no BPL? :mrgreen:
Faizal, I've got no problem with you or your posts on that thread, it's just strikes me with a questions of "Who is your team" that's all. And no, that Q is not directed at you in general. People always give excuses why they don't watch the Sleague or The lions in action. Normal excuses - standard not good enough. There's a malay saying "hendak seribu daya, tak nak seribu dalih".

Sleague standard has no doubt improved with every seasons, thanks to the quality of foreign team and The Lions standard has already improved, once again thanks to foreign players.

Softies on this thread moans about the lack of respect/supports the people at NS gives for the Lions cause they see it as Singaporean must support local soccer BUT that is not the case nowadays.

People knows more about "their team" (ie manures/cheatsea/lfc/arse) than they knows about our lions. People buy the new jersey of their team every season but they got none of our lions/sleague club jersey. People will pay extra to starhub just to catch their team in action but gives no damn to sleague matches free live telecast over at ch5.

But what has owning their jersey got to do with being a true blue supporter
Simple. Income.
Without income teams can't survive.
At this point, sleague, the lions and fas all got sponsored by big brother that's why they can afford not to push for the sales of jersey.
If bpl teams only rely on tickets sales, they won't have the $$ to bring in expensive star players that's why, they got pre-season friendly to "promote" their team. That's why they willing to go all the way to the far east in this hot humid weather to make sure that they are still supported throughout the years.

That's why teams like cheatse and shitty are trying to break their way into the american market cause they know, that's where the big moolah can be found.

yes and they kena take out tat dirty jersey and stay topless, instructed by the friendly neighbourhood policemen
Haha...those ManUre clowns think they are smart, but only to backfire on them. They paid $88, endured watching a team they hated won 5-0, had their eardrums bombarded with Liverpool songs and cheers, and went topless for 90 mins like a mouse. I guess the joke was on them! :D

Haha...those ManUre clowns think they are smart, but only to backfire on them. They paid $88, endured watching a team they hated won 5-0, had their eardrums bombarded with Liverpool songs and cheers, and went topless for 90 mins like a mouse. I guess the joke was on them! :D

wat to do ..manu fan mah ..... :twisted::mrgreen::cool:

they shud have at least had a back up SG jersey ...

What/Who is YOUR team?
Doesn't mean you are Singaporean, Singapore is YOUR team?

If you are Singaporean ... stand up for Singapore!

Stand up for Singapore
Do the best you can
Reach out for your fellow men,
You've got to make a stand
Recognize you can play your part
Let it come right from your heart
Be prepared to give a little more
Stand up, stand up for Singapore
Stand up for Singapore
Do it with a smile
If you stand up for Singapore
You'll find it all worthwhile
Believe in yourself
You've got something to share;
So show us all you really care
Be prepare to give a little more
Singapore our home and nation
Together with determination
Join in like we've never done before

this is kallang!

dioswkg: Ok, thanks for clearing the matter. I think most Singaporeans have this habit of only coming to NS when the national team is progressing in a tournament. Initial stage matches at NS, u can hardly see a full packed crowd. That shouldn't be the way. They should have given their full pledged support right from the start. Singaporeans, some if not all, have this scared-to-lose-and-dunno-where-to-put-my-face attitude.

They should have given their full pledged support right from the start. Singaporeans, some if not all, have this scared-to-lose-and-dunno-where-to-put-my-face attitude.

also applies to the "lallang" supporters of "currently succesful BPL teams".... (those who change team from season to season)

faizal can't blame them also cause the lions are not what they used to be. supporters of fandi era, like myself, will no doubt compare the current crops to fandi time and ... the current crop is no match however, with players like mustafiq, wilkinson and jiayi, they are adding the talent that the lions has been missing since mcup days.

Mustafiq performance against lfc and esp against masch is nothing new, he is the lions hard man and i was surprised that people question the coach when he decide to give the armband to him during the tiger cup. for me, he is the best man for the job and the 2nd player would be bennett.

also applies to the "lallang" supporters of "currently succesful BPL teams".... (those who change team from season to season)

tis part i agree with u!!! :)

faizal: i respect ur loyalty for the support. wat me n diowsky posts are not against u. i is too once a kallang roar fanatic. tickets 1bux. black market 3bux. i love the air horn and i love the way spore play.

for me, most important is, who u wanna support, is up to u. just tat some posts in here which is totally of topic... questioning ur own individual hearts. one cant tell one who to support,be it ur own country.

orrrr wait by that logic, so you mean if let's say some brave fella were to pay 88 dollars and turn up in a lions jersey with indra's name on it and sit amongst a group of hardcore liverpool supporters, you would beat him up and strip his shirt just because he wore a singapore shirt to 'anfield'?

no la! only applies to the united shirts. they got no business there.

Wow what a disappointment to see our fellow countrymen sing for Pool rather than Singapore.

i admit tat i sang the Anfield anthem etc... coz there is...

but singapore? sing national anthem? five stars arising? stand up for spore?
the only 'song' tat exist back then was "ole ole ole ole"...
and curses: referee kayu, air horn 9 times - b_t_h

boonz - buy me tong seng chicken rice - i teach you to sing all the national day songs

orrrr wait by that logic, so you mean if let's say some brave fella were to pay 88 dollars and turn up in a lions jersey with indra's name on it and sit amongst a group of hardcore liverpool supporters, you would beat him up and strip his shirt just because he wore a singapore shirt to 'anfield'?

no la... if tat group of ppl 'attack' the fella with lions jersey,i sure back the fella.

tis only applies for the losers... u noe who

SUPPORT
Liverpool
HATE
Man u
Arsenal
Chelsea

boonz - buy me tong seng chicken rice - i teach you to sing all the national day songs

its all in the head.

why not i buy myself chicken rice, then u entertain me with those songs? including the boring ones tis past 2-3 years

no la... if tat group of ppl 'attack' the fella with lions jersey,i sure back the fella.

tis only applies for the losers... u noe who

SUPPORT
Liverpool
HATE
Man u
Arsenal
Chelsea

wow - even if it was a kaki nanger?

i wud back u up regardless of your shirt man ...

wow - even if it was a kaki nanger?

i wud back u up regardless of your shirt man ...

dun say kaki nanger or my families or frds...
as long as respect is given. i would love to sit in a man u or arsenal game but of course,i will not wear a pool jersey... :)
u get wat i mean?

Latest posts

Back