Liverpool vs singapore match.

I was watching the match on TV, and yes, it was Anfield. I thought those people (practically everyone at the stadium) who were cheering and "proud" that "their" team thrashed our Lions ought to take a look in the mirror. Some of the Liverpool players may not even know where the hell Singapore is until recently. What has Liverpool team given you? Each one of you spend hundreds and even thousands buying their merchandise so that the players can get paid obscene salaries, and what have the team done for you?

I always feel strange when "fans" refer to such teams as "my team'. It is one thing to be a fan of a FOREIGN TEAM, it is another thing to cheer them on and look really happy when they thrashed your countrymen. Do you guys really feel proud? Just think of what the Liverpool players are thinking...you actually think they feel so warm and appreciative that their "fans" are behind them? Wake up guys! They are wondering why the hell are there people stupid enough to cheer them to thrash their own team! This is indeed quite unique to Singapore as you will not find this in many countries.

Very very sad indeed. And what a shame.

And what makes you think that they are NOT appreciative? Anyway, to each his own. I love Liverpool, and have supported them for the longest time ever. I cheered for both teams, but more much more for Liverpool of course. Yes, I feel proud of Liverpool, for their undying spirit and determination and good sportsmanship. And in case you don't know, Liverpool and adidas has contributed to some non-charitable groups during their trip here. Groups which provide family life services etc for the less fortunate. So don't go around saying they have not done anything for us before finding out the turth. It's a shame that you are just sitting there and criticising them. I'll leave you with a song :

His armband proved he was a red, Torres Torres! You'll never walk alone it said, Torres Torres! We bought the lad from sunny spain, he gets the ball he scores again! Fernando Torres Liverpool's No.9! :mrgreen:

+1 amnesiac

Anyway, what's up with all these talk of nationalism? It's just football for goodness sake.....and we can and we will support whichever team we fancy. Don't like it? Too bad. Now go fly your patriotic flag somewhere else.

+1 amnesiac

Anyway, what's up with all these talk of nationalism? It's just football for goodness sake.....and we can and we will support whichever team we fancy. Don't like it? Too bad. Now go fly your patriotic flag somewhere else.

+1000000000 to that as well. It's just a sport. Let us support who we want to!

+1 amnesiac

people only talks about nationalism and patriotism to suit their own "little agenda". :rolleyes:

Singapore Pledge
We, the citizens of Singapore
pledge ourselves as one united people,
regardless of race, language or religion,
to build a democratic society,
based on justice and equality,
so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and
progress for our nation.

THIS IS SINGAPORE!

i was at the kop stand during the match and there werent any jeers directed to the national team. in fact, each attempt they had on the ball was applauded by the spectators. the jeers u heard was probably directed to the ref. standard la. all football matches sure got fans that disagree with the ref's decision eventhough it is the right one. (must support your team wad..). i myself do this. lol.

the manu fans that wore their jersey to the KOP stand had nothing better to do with their $88. childish of them to do so. i saw some guy in a old manu jersey. got one wear manu no.7 owen. den got 2 wear blue manu jersey both of which was tevez i think.
i must thank them for indirectly funding the national squad as well as LFC. thank you. :D

Did you watch the match between Man City and Orlando Pirates?There were a flock of United fans supporting the Pirates.The United fans during the SG game might have rooted for SG instead.

If the manures paid $88 of tehir hard earned money to watch the match ... Why they kena victimised and were forced to remove their shirts by the cops....?

Like that in future we all cannot wear any team shirts except for the two teams playing on the night ah????

If the manures paid $88 of tehir hard earned money to watch the match ... Why they kena victimised and were forced to remove their shirts by the cops....?

Like that in future we all cannot wear any team shirts except for the two teams playing on the night ah????

coz there will be trouble. its the anything but manures mentality.
i believe it will be the same if it was manures playing n a fella came with a rivals jersey.

the cops did the right thing. they cant stop/arrest the 45000 odd who are die hard kop fans...
so the manure loser have to take off his shirt.

If the manure guy was causing trouble or instigating problems ok i can understand

but were they siting down quietly or just having harmless fun?

I would say why pay $88 t watch a team you dont even support?
And for heavens sake, wearing a rival's team jersey is definitely to spite the supporters there.
I definitely wouldnt pay $88 just t watch a Singapore team play.
Even S-league matches dont even cost more than $10!
Those who wore a Man U Jersey i guess was probably courting death.
I saw a girl wearing a white man u shirt,wondered what happened t her:confused:

Those who wore a Man U Jersey i guess was probably courting death.
I saw a girl wearing a white man u shirt,wondered what happened t her:confused:

This is Singapore. Death? I doubt anything bad will happen. At most, some boos and jeers.

I would say why pay $88 t watch a team you dont even support?
And for heavens sake, wearing a rival's team jersey is definitely to spite the supporters there.

why maybe the just appreciate good football but supportother teams???

fgl is probably right but unfortunately most manure fans don't think that way...they like to spite people I find. I say most, not all as I have met some really class ones but are unfortunately the minority.

i must say this incident has really put "tekaning" on another level - low class.
majority of those moaners we read in papers/online are just opposition fans frustrated that their beloved club don't even give a damn about their fans over at this part of the world.

because of that, they freely used 'patriotic', 'nationalism', and even our poor national side - the lions, just for their pathetic agenda.

people forgot to mention that all this "fair" are about liverpool, the reds.
their fans in singapore, and even some from our neighbouring countries, come to watch the reds. pay that $$$ to watch their heroes in the flesh. they don't give a damn whoever is the opposition, it can be sengkang fc, brunei dpmm or even jalan kayu prata house fc. all they care about is seeing the team they support playing right in front of their eyes!

just like in malaysia, they even pay $$ to watch manures in training! and when they heard that manures will be playing a 2nd match in a few days time, cos of the indonesia bombings and manures ain't gonna waste their time coming to singapore, they pay more $$ to watch another friendly match by the same team against the same opposition!

i would prefer if the reds play a stronger sleague xi but than ... moaners will come out and say the reds don't give face to the national team :rolleyes:.

I dont think there's a difference in behaviour when it comes to supporting teams.I've seen lots of Pool fans behaving like hooligans.

Just remember Pool cant do without United vice versa.Its a tradition.

Latest posts

Back