Cable

It's 0140h and i've just finished this batch of cables... I should be sleeping now....

Anyways, while I'm still up, here's a pic of the RDM MEGAfoot speaker cables in comparison to a custom L - S that was made in this batch.

megafootplugsue7.jpg

It's a pretty funky kinda huge :D

anyone can repair my planet waves cables?I think its sorta a waste to just throw it away since i only used it for 2 gigs??? maybe 2 months??? Can it be saved? Mines a 20ft with the circuit breaker. Do pm me if anyone can do it. :D

got it! nicely packaged, and sounds great! a/b'ed with my George Ls and planetwaves cables. sounds "livelier"...tempted to swap all my cables on my mixer and multifx now...hehe. thanks dude!

Copper tip... hmm

I understand that copper has better electrical conductivity (duh! that's why our wires and cables are made of copper strands) But... the G&H has only copper on the TIP!

If you look carefully at how your plug head connects inside a jack input... you'll notice 2 connections. One on the long metal shaft, the other on the little groove near the tip of the cable (that's when u'll feel the "click" when inserting ur cable)

Sorry, I know a picture speaks a thousand words... but you guys able picture wat i'm saying? Don't make me MS Paint :( Haha.

Come, shed some light on this? Thanks in advance!! :)

Btw, NICE cables CHERN! I like the handwritten "RDM" logo :D Nice!

Cherns! Sorry, my mistake... I figured out how the copper tip would come in contact. I initially thought that only the little nook would touch the input jack. My mistake. Lemme illustrate my new found knowledge :D

4opx9tx.jpg

The jack head: the green arrow points to Ground and red arrow to Live. Something like your Entry and Exit (you need a closed connection for the signal to flow)

Now let's look at where this Jack head enters :)
5xf7mkn.jpg

The arrow 'A' is where the Live touches. Yes, that little nook near the tip of the Jack head.
Arrow 'B' is where the Ground connects - the long metal shaft of the Jack head.

As you can see, the nook and the tip would come into contact with 'A'. Therefore... a Copper tip would defintely have a better signal transfer!

Sounds good.... Cherns, i might order some from ya! Thanks for bringing in the G&H and keep up the nice work :)

only managed to try it out on my multi fx into my mixer. seems livelier and has greater clarity. I did a recording with my George Ls, Planetwaves and the RDM cables. have yet to try it out on my amp but am sure its much better. well made and only just realized it has a copper? tip.
as for the recording, i noticed that the planetwaves sounded closer to ur cables than the george ls. the george ls had more low end, planet waves were tighter but not as tight as urs. but all these were recorded rather quickly so will find a time to do a closer comparison. but overall, i must say i am well impressed with the cables. am seriously considering replacing all my cables on my mixer with these. and when i get my studio monitors will try out ur megafoot plugs too. they look kick-ass cool!!

thanks for a great product and great service!

- Alawn

Just got and used chern's speaker cables. Gorgeously thick cables they are, with a strong plug. Just what I want speaker cables to be.

oh gas... now i want to change my whole wiring in my gutiar to pure copper... starting from the very irritating oxidising switchcraft jack socket... i swear i've seen somewhere before a fully copper jack socket... but i can't rmb the brand

I'm waiting for someone to come in and diss the cables thing...

I mean, WHO CAN HEAR THE DIFF WHEN YOU PLAY LIVVVVEEEE?!?!!?!?

:wink:

Back