9th Soft's DXS-15th Dec 2007--Jazz Do It ! Guest Drummer(Boon Gee, Audrey, Mark Chan)

1. James (Soft)
2. RudimentalDrummer
3. Marcdadrummer (Wuhan 18" chinese cymbal, Cymbal spring)
4. Drum_Hobbyist (Bosphorus New Orleans 14" HH,Antique 15" Crash,Traditional 17" Crash,Turk 20" Ride)
5. jeepers; sweet cymbals fuman! i still owe you lunch ah dont forget!
6. spinninsticks
7. sidmontu (should be able to make it)
8. killerbee
9. phlemingo
10. mel80
11. snow
12.Zyk
13. nkf31
14.Gambatak
15.xenOgenesis

wanna learn more from you guys :)

1. James (Soft)
2. RudimentalDrummer
4. Drum_Hobbyist (Bosphorus New Orleans 14" HH,Antique 15" Crash,Traditional 17" Crash,Turk 20" Ride)
6. spinninsticks
8. killerbee
9. phlemingo
10. mel80
11. snow
12.Zyk
13. nkf31
14.Gambatak
15.xenOgenesis
16. Paradiddle

hey can someone do an example of trading 4's??? i have an idea but i don't think it's correct.

and there are other tradings also right?? hehehe sounds weird when i put it like that.

trade 4's, summore?

1. James (Soft)
2. RudimentalDrummer
6. spinninsticks
8. killerbee
9. phlemingo
10. mel80
11. snow
12.Zyk
13. nkf31
14.Gambatak
15.xenOgenesis
16. Paradiddle
17. beboptang

hey can someone do an example of trading 4's??? i have an idea but i don't think it's correct.

and there are other tradings also right?? hehehe sounds weird when i put it like that.

trade 4's, summore?

yup, can! There's trading 8's also. Trading 4's & 8's are the usual number of bars, but some people trade 2's or even 1's! (I also scratch head!! :-D). Sometimes I solo the whole form of the song, but I make sure I know the melody well and can sing in my head while soloing, otherwise could get lost and may cause the band to get lost too, then very malu! :(

1. James (Soft)
2. RudimentalDrummer
6. spinninsticks
8. killerbee
9. phlemingo
10. mel80
11. snow
12.Zyk
13. nkf31
14.Gambatak
15.xenOgenesis
16. Paradiddle
17. beboptang
18. chewy (jazz me)

a good trading is like this...

a) 8
b) 8
a) 8
b) 8
a) 4
b) 4
a) 4
b) 4
a) 2
b) 2
a) 1
b) 1

if you guys can figure out wat i'm trying to say, go ahead and try.. its gonna be fun...

and for fun, you can even start wif 16 and second end wid 1/2 and end together..
how's that??
hahahaha

a) I Trade 8 Bars Solo
b) U Trade 8 Bars Solo
a) I Trade 8 Bars Solo
b) U Trade 8 Bars Solo
a) I Trade 4 Bars Solo
b) U Trade 4 Bars Solo
a) I Trade 4 Bars Solo
b) U Trade 4 Bars Solo
a) I Trade 2 Bars Solo
b) U Trade 2 Bar Solo
a) I Trade 1 Bar to End
b) U Trade 1 Bar to End.

PS; - - - so funny one - hehehehe Trade 2 Bar & 1 Bar...Kekekeke ! Somemore want to Trade 16 Bar 1st from top to bottom - - - Wah so many Bar to Trade - Trade until got no more idea - dont know what to do how (Start Trading Drinks Coca Cola vs Root Beer ?... Wah you steady har Bro.

Last edited:
trading sounds good if both parties establish a common ground, listen and adopt a 'give-and-take' approach.

i guess what we have done, is provide a platform (2 drumsets) for guys to get started.

hopefully, through these growing process we will help ready drummers for bigger stage ie. drumfest and beyond.

drum on! :mrgreen:

coz trading 2 and 1 bars are not as easy as thought...
must be on the spot think and spot on when trading...

trading 16 bars are to give the limelight to who's playing and also to warm-up
as the bars get smaller, more difficult coz not much time to think....

this thing will rain your solo playing and also your 'reflects'

try it one of the days....

Actually DT - the only time I saw a Trade 2 kinda stuffs was at Regent where Tama Play (I went there many times but only saw them did once - I think maybe not a so-common thing to do) - This happens somewhere near end of a song where Tama was trading 2 with only the Bassists - - it's very nice like both of them are Arguing (Talking) using their instruments....but only once I saw this.

Hmmm contemplating to bring my maple wood hoop snare or not. Hoping to get some1 to help retune it. Problem is....i have no snare bag. And...its wood hooped...we all know what happened to kanzer's the last time he brought it...haha

Me too I am bringinG my eBay-Won 1960s Pearl Snare this meetup cause I need someone to help me tune it - The Jazz Kinda Sound .

Last edited:
oh isit RD?
coz i've seen and heard alot of trade 2's..
you can check out in youtube too...

anyway, trade 16 and trade 8 are something that you can add to spice up your solos ah..
not many ppl will play 16..

up to your own ideas and opinion actuallie...

Haha! Caijunlong, you took the words right out of my mouth! mayb if some1 can pass me a snare bag....hmmm

Back