9th Soft's DXS-15th Dec 2007--Jazz Do It ! Guest Drummer(Boon Gee, Audrey, Mark Chan)

frummer, nice one. its okie lah i got a couple of snares as well. u do need it for diff sounds. i need a steel one actually

1. James (Soft)
2. RudimentalDrummer
3. Marcdadrummer (Wuhan 18" chinese cymbal, Cymbal spring)
4. Drum_Hobbyist (Bosphorus New Orleans 14" HH,Antique 15" Crash,Traditional 17" Crash,Turk 20" Ride)
5. jeepers; sweet cymbals fuman! i still owe you lunch ah dont forget!
6. spinninsticks
7. sidmontu (should be able to make it)
8. killerbee
9. phlemingo
10. mel80
11. snow
12.Zyk
13. nkf31
14.Gambatak
15.xenOgenesis
16. Paradiddle
17. beboptang
18. chewy (jazz me)
19. rla (moderator since alfie cant make it + 13x6.5 Tama Metalworks snare)
20. alvyn (can bring double pedals or snare!)
21. Reuben
22. BebopIggy
23. Emman91
24. Caijunlong
25. Darkcrisp (Should be bringing along my craviotto snare. )
26. metzalx (will be leaving at 2pm to fetch a friend who's bringing 2 friends, then coming back again.)
27. Frummer ( will be bringing my peace maple wood hooped snare...to get it tuned again...somehow it detuned when i lent it to my school band )
28: BlahBlahX
29. Jonathan

No shizzle its boon gee. see ya'll in a bit.

Last edited:
Nice meetup.

Very educational meetup this time.though im not good at jazz...this meetup really opens up my thoughts about jazz.thanks to audrey and friends + boon gee.

thanks drumhobbyist and ahpek for tuning my snare.really brought out its potential!

and woot mark...u are 1 heck of a groovy fella.ahaha.

FRUMMER!!! were you e one with e wood hoop snare! brilliant snare! haha. anyways. i leant so much today, e experience was invaluable.

special thanks to everyone who shared a little knowledge here and there!

Thanks man.Didn't know my snare sounded that great either.haha thanks to those who tuned it!

And i'll be expecting your album out soon alright? ( points to your myspace )

The Xchange was Great.ttttttt. I guess Videos & some Photos (from my N73 HandPhone will probably only be up by Friday)......Well,

There was a guitarists there (the one looking for a Progressive Maetal Drummer) I told you all about - He Love the Xchanges - and ask if he could come to our Next Xchange...Of course yes...and a warm welcome.

Looking for A JAzz / Funk Drummer

OK, I was with Chun Leng and we went to Tanglin CC after the DXS Meetup as there is a Rock/Blues Concert. Bro fgl was also there....

Anyway, I met my former Lead-Guitarist who is now playing for a Jazz-Band (He was in Jazz all the while), asking me to join him as they need a Drummer. He told me his Bassists is also from Berklee .... I had to reject his kind offer, as I have a great Jazz-Band currently and am super happy with it (this is the Band that had actually Taught & Groom me All ABout Jazz.) and so I am sticking to it.

I promise to Extend this Invitation For a Jazz Drummer to his Band (To any of the DXS Members - which are my Bros and Sisters here). This Band is not playing at Tanglin CC (nice people whom I know)

If any of you are interested to Join THis Jazz Band, Please call me personally at 97989977 and I can talk to you about this....please do.

PS: - Actually my Ex-Blues-Band Leader also at Tanglin had ask me to Jam with him again (but I told him I had a Band already) - They need a Blues Drummer too - but Hm.mmmmmm ????? well I dunno ?

Last edited:
A big thank you to Boon Gee and Audrey for using their precious time to share their wealth of knowledge in Jazz drumming with us. I personally found it very educational and opened my mind to Jazz a lot more. Thanks to Mark for sharing his knowledge in blues shuffles too. I'm not very much of a Jazz or Blues person, but hey, that's the beauty of the DXS meetups. We learn about different types of music with an open mind at every session :)

Hopefully everyone found the session useful. The DXS committee members will feel that all the coordinating work is worthwhile if everyone enjoyed the session and benefited from it :)

Some video clips I took at the meetup. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zl-_IBWmQM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ7Vn2FfsnQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tIrh10mVNE

Last edited:
Audrey is my new ou xiang!

One of the best DXS I've been to! I love jazz but still can't play it well. And I probably can't swing yet but whoo-hoo! I enjoy the workshop very much. It's so cool to learn more and see how the musicians interact and stuff.

So wonderful! Am happy! :mrgreen:

PS: - Actually my Ex-Blues-Band Leader also at Tanglin had ask me to Jam with him again (but I told him I had a Band already) - They need a Blues Drummer too - but Hm.mmmmmm ????? well I dunno ?

hey were you the one wearing the soft drums t-shirt that day at the rock and blues fest?

Frummer... the snare drum sounds great! My first experience tuning one with wooden hoops... that was why I took my time tuning it... just want to explore its dynamics... I won't mind owning one :)

hey were you the one wearing the soft drums t-shirt that day at the rock and blues fest?

Yes Bro I am the one wearing "Soft Drum Xchange Tee" at Tanglin CC Rock Blues Festival and I was with Chun Leng.

Did you know that - the org of the Malaysia Blues festival were ther too. According to Bro Fgl (Farid) --- maybe Syne of Tyme might be performing at the Malaysian International Blues festival in Mar 2008. From what Farid heard SG will be represented by 2 bands - maybe U blues (Danny Loong) but they are not 100% confirmed yet.

It will be nice as there will be regional bands from M'sia, Thailand, Filippines and even as far off as France and USA.

PS:- Bro glblues - you must be playing there with one of the Bands har?....I left at 11.00pm with Chun Leng..Ps.sssh I have some of the Bands recorded on my N73 - next time I post up here...

Wow.www tha Farid is a Killer Guitarists man - did you saw the Trading he did with another Lead-Guitarists....and his Drummer Zain is very good - not only tight but a Singing Drummer lah.

Cheers !

Last edited:
RudimentalDrummer

yes i was there. i was the guitarist playing with louis the harp player (chicken shack revival) and with lloyd yeo (blues virus)
i was on-stage for an hour total. damn hungry seeing you all eat buffet sia! :D

i left about 845pm or so. had to go down to roomful to play

Last edited:
Hey the buffet not bad! The blues bands were awesome!
Saw two singing drummers in a day. eye-opener man. Audrey and Zain.
Leng

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Back