OFFICIAL- Show us your kits thread!

It's been some time since I've updated this thread (or posted on soft). But anyway, here goes!

Drumz%2014.jpg

Tama Rockstar (old version without all the starcast mounting, etc):
10" x 9", 12" x 10", 13" x 11" rack toms (Batter: Remo Ebony Pinstripe, Reso: Remo Clear Ambassador)
16" x 16" floor tom (Batter: Remo Ebony Pinstripe, Reso: Remo Clear Ambassador)
22" x 16" bass drum (Batter: Remo Clear Pinstripe with Gibraltar double clickpad, Reso: Yamaha with sound hole for micing)
14" x 5.5" Tama Simon Phillips "Gladiator" Snare (Batter: Remo Coated Ambassador, Reso: Remo Clear Ambassador snare)
Tama Iron Cobra double bass pedals
Noname hi-hat stand (for secondary hats)
Mistral 18" drummer cooling fan :)

Cymbals (left to right):
Sabian 17" HHXtreme Crash
Noname Tambourine
Sabian 14" HHX Groove Hats
Sabian 7" HHX Evolution Splash
Sabian 16" Pro Sonix Crash
Sabian 10" AAX Splash
Sabian 12" AAX Mini-Chinese
AA/Meinl cowbell (dunno what model)
Sabian 16" HHX Power Crash
"Crap Stack" (Chinafied Sabian 12" B8 Splash on top of a Paiste 14" 302 bottom hat)
Sabian 20" AAX Metal Ride
Sabian 18" HHX Chinese
Sabian 13" AAX Fast Hats

That's amazing. I see mics in the picture. Do you have any recording or videos? Would love to see/hear the kit in action!

That's amazing. I see mics in the picture. Do you have any recording or videos? Would love to see/hear the kit in action!

I have some older recordings with my previous micing setup, ADC/mixer, cymbals, drumheads/tuning but it probably sounds nothing like that anymore. Haven't had the time to record some proper stuff. Anyway, i need to change my bass drum's reso head so that I can install the damn kickport that I bought recently. The 6" hole on my current yamaha head is too big :(

Wanted to post these for a long time but because of CNY, manage to have time.

Mix and Match Mapex Drum kit

18" Q Series bass
12" Q Series tom
10" Saturn Series tom
8" Orion Series tom
10" Black Pather Snare
Mapexmixandmatch.jpg

Mapexmnm3.jpg

Mapexmnm2.jpg

DIY Drum Kit with 12" tom as bass and cajon also back-up as 'throne'.
12tombass.jpg

12tombass2.jpg

DIY Drum Kit with 16" floor tom as bass
16tombass.jpg

16tombass2.jpg

16tombass3.jpg

Interesting set ups Fu Man!

I see you used a tom holder and connected it to the cymbal stand for the 12" bass. What about the 16"?

Dude, if I'm not mistaken, were you complimenting your own kit? Pretty neat set up anyhow. What are those Pulse cymbals that you have? Are they any good? Couldn't find much information about them on the web.

Thank you! Lol, i forgot to quote, i was actually replying to another guy. Yea those cymbals are pretty decent for their price. It total it was only 300 sgd! Its a chinese company, its really famous you can check it out on taobao. They have a parent site. They used to be called Pulse, but now its Chang cymbals. http://www.changcymbals.com/eng/index.asp

Oh, and i left out my gigging kit. Its a 4 piece Sonor Force 3003 that i use with my band. Sorry for the extremely poor lighting and bad quality.

14 x 5.5 snare
12 x 9 tom
13 x 10 tom
20" solar ride
13" solar hi hats
Iron Cobra Jr Double Pedals
Pretty small and compact but still gets the job done.

Last edited:
227708_10151232551408121_1253718821_n.jpg

My very first. A humble Peace kit bit pimped with Evans and if you follow Bob Gatzen on YouTube, you can triple the price (by the sound) of your kit haha... serious. and my virgin experience with Evans EMAD is superb, my kick now sounds like it's Mic'ed and all I have is one small pillow.

Using Black Panther Brass Cat (Can't afford Black Beauty) with Zidljian A Customs and ZHTs. eBay is definitely a friendly place for drummers. ;)

Back