Y east? Chill Out @ Marine Cove

Of course not!! Heartrock has his hands full with 2 concurrent events this Sat 18 March.

Y'East Marine Cove this Saturday Gig is ON.

Date & Time: 18 March 2006 Saturday 7:00PM Start

Bands lined Up:
7:00-8:00PM - MAXIMUS
8:00-9:00PM - TRIJOY
9:00-10:00PM - PUNCHLINER

Session Mood : Easy Listerning

I will be there doing the sound and equipments.

Next session is the following week 25 March 2006 Sat

awesome. mikemann, hope you don't have to encounter so much stress worrying about your equipment like the last YEast. :) I'd be extremely stressed if I were in your shoes.

The last gig turn of events were unexpected. It's an experience we all can learn from. Not say cannot do similar genre again, just that the preparations must be made properly.

I do hope this tread can last throughout the whole year, so it can be the longest running tread contender.... heehee...

Pics Hot out from the stove. Y'East 18/03/2006

Resizeof00000009.jpg

Resizeof00000011.jpg

Resizeof00000012.jpg

Resizeof00000013.jpg

Resizeof00000019.jpg

Resizeof00000020.jpg

Resizeof00000021.jpg

Resizeof00000025.jpg

Resizeof00000036.jpg

Resizeof00000042.jpg

Resizeof00000043.jpg

Resizeof00000044.jpg

Resizeof00000046.jpg

Resizeof00000051.jpg

Resizeof00000057.jpg

Thank you

Hi Mike,

Great Pics!! Great performances from the other bands! Really grateful for the opportunity. Thanks Anthony and Mikemann for the chance to perform.

GrimBrody: Thanks man! We still have alot to work on though....

Great gig Well done S'pore band

Great gig and not a bad sound system (compared to some other gig) but can be a better .Good band .

its true Punchline kick ass Congrate !!!!( hard to see a tech band nowadays)
Btw Good Original(Can be a Boom!!!) and WOW 'Keeper For the Seven Key' .First band in Singapore playing i guess hehehhe.
You guys stun the crowd and 1 hour gigs seems to be 30 mins .
Anymore upcoming gig?????

but but I think Y-East @ marine cove sounds good too..... its been around for like a few months already and ppl already know and are referring to the gig as Y-East.... A friend of mine asked me if I was goin down to the Y-East gig.. and i tot hey.... cool name....

Re: Great gig Well done S'pore band

trexman said:
Great gig and not a bad sound system (compared to some other gig) but can be a better .Good band .
Anymore upcoming gig?????

Technical time again. Due to the Marine Cove venue itself, it was planned not to be really LOUD gig. I think the Marine Cove management should also be appaulded for providing such a great venue to us, good things must be treasured, not flaunted.

This is because there are open air resturants, playground operator, pasar malam just beside the amphitheatre stage. First and foremost, their businesses cannot be compromised. So hardcore stuffs are out of the question. As regulars can tell, Mr Heartrock have being very accomodating, and bands have being playing pop, rock, ska, blues, hardrock, and even heavy metal sometimes (eg. Halloween - keeper of seven keys).

Another pointer, is that this series of gigs is done with very much limited funding. The organiser is putting time and effort into promoting local musicians without pay for this series of gig, remember this is a year long thing. We must really applaude Mr Heartrock for the heart and soul effort by himself. Such passionate people are quite rarely to be found or seen in our busy busy orientated nation.

Our set was planned not to mike-up any amps or the drumset, just let the band have control over their own sound and balancing. We just help to cue in the vocals and vocal efx when needed. As can tell, some bands sound wonderful while others sound just 'all over the place'.

Those bands which sound wonderful by themselves can be helped when a big sound system and miking up to sound even better and more impact. Those bands which sound 'all over the place', most probably can't be helped much even with a bigger sound system and full miking.

So all these can be observed and new bands themselves who get to attend many gigs as audience. They will benefit from this, what more this is a free gig, to see various kind of bands, from newbie ones to season players.

I really wonder why these days, people don't want to learn and participate the old fashion and proven way. Always looking for a quick fix on the net or forum. Sit in front of computer whole day, talk cock and search like hell, attend a 2-4hr gig, I think equivilent to 10 days of net surfing. Can make REAL friends and contact some more.

Next gig is THIS SATURDAY 25 Mar 2006!!!! Come down, don't be a square dude. FREE OF CHARGE!!! Your own loss if you are not there.

HeartRockSingapore said:

Mike, S K, thank you so much and sorry I could not be there. Uncles they rock yah. The crowd looks good too.

No prob Mr Heartrock, You can be assured, we will always put our best effort on this.

Just a suggestion, I think the stage rear, just behind the drummer. There is 2 cable hoist for banner. I think it's high time to print a full size banner so as to raise the flag to tell everyone of the gig and what it's about.

It's seems that that would make the picture complete don't you think?? (nb. see the last pic of the whold band front view, and imagine the Big Big Banner above behind them.)

Cheers :wink: 8)

You are right Mikemann. It is time to put a banner behind.

ok the time slot for 25th March line up is as follow :

6.00pm Your Livid Rag Doll
7.00pm Flashflood
8.00pm NBTD
9.00pm Quiverpool

Yes MikeMann it time to explode the GIG.
i guess you guys are only one alive currently.great apreciation from the fans here
Let Call all the crowd and make it a long hour marathon music, from Blues .SKa Rock genre etc .at least there a place to go on sat nite ya .And it healty tooo

Go Dude

Stay ALive And kickin (not kinky)

Looks quite ok, but the layout I think should be wider and shorter. Did you go there to take measurements to do a scaling?

Maybe can use a description. LIke "FREE MUSIC!! Live bands every fortnight saturdays, from 6pm onwards. Promoting opportunities for local musicians to perform, new or seasoned bands, young till old."

mikemann - hows it goin bro..sori havent been around yr studio lately these past few weeks all ATF members BZ la... cya soon doe... 8)

Back