Which bands are satanic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha not intendin this to be a religious discussion..juz wanted this to be kena new knowledge for me...

Then why is blink-182 not satanic? :?
*runs*
Ok back to topic, most of the "satanic" bands are inclined only to the satanic images, their music doesn't totally reflect that.

We wouldn't know which bands and which musicians are Satanic, simply because we're not them.
Those who openly profess Satan worship are more likely than not doing it for the controversy and attention.

To 17will

Like they all say, Art is the imitation of life.
Satanic or not, it only matters to you if you're Christian.

If not its really just pure art.

Dark lyrics about death, darkness, desolation, sex, anger, hatred.
Yeah, these are things that are present in our lives. Nothing wrong penning it down into a song.

If you're concern with whether the CD you're listening to at the moment is so called "Satanic" or not... This is definitely not the place to ask....
Go ask your pastor or something.

what a topic....

might as well find out more as in the real satanism as a religion than just in the music. Satanism in music is like music in pop...

don't bother, those bands with all the pics and imagery are all tools to sell, the deeper ones with idealogy and following in satanism, most would not have heard it at all.

For some black metal book, this one is one of the few with some detailed pop story..

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...2/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/102-3719738-7343336

This topic again??!! 17wil, you should have asked this question in a christian forum instead, and you can see the reaction.

As a Catholic myself, I'm not bothered about what others think about the music that I listen to. I also don't recall the church having any action on this issue, I don't remember priest telling us not to listen to Judas Priest or Iron Maiden during his homily.

But certain christian groups do use "rock/metal music is evil" as a leverage for their message to be "holy". I suggest you stay away from these. These are the same people who condemn more traditional religion as evil too.

It boils down to a personal choice, and how you would interpret the song. Do you subscribe to the dark side or the light side, the choice is yours.

If you use the song for evil, then to you it will be evil. If you use the song as a guard against the evils, then the song to you is good.

Is human more good than bad, or more bad than good. The answer is undeniably in your own heart.

Bah!!! satanic, holy? who cares, as long as a song is good, etc stairway to heaven, hotel california, are always refered to 'satanic' some people are just too sensitive, because some people says that some songs got devil talking to you, they wont wanna listen to it...(without having heard it) i think these people spreading rumors about a band, would affect its image... and these good rock song would just simply... die off...

Led Zepplin!! Stairway to heaven is satanic!

ok seriously, music and religion are 2 separate things. One is a form of art, the latter is a belief. Tom araya of slayer, the one who penned the so called "satanic" lyrics, recently said he has never given up his catholic beliefs.Similarly one of the guys of iron maiden wrote a testimonial for metal bible.

So as you can see, what people do in music has little to do with religion. And because of that, whatever religious or anti religious reference in their songs should not be taken seriously.

Branding certain forms of music as satanic is just a stereotypical knee jerk response of the society to things that they do not understand. When Blues music first came about, it was branded satanic as well.

17wil said:
As a catholic I have tried not to listen to satanic bands' music...

Dude , which Catholic church do you come from?

Hey come on I'm also a Catholic and in fact I come from a very staunch Catholic family. All these traditional mindsets about metal music being satanic are just old grandmother's talk. Although I have heard of people swaying away from the Catholic faith and getting involved in witchcraft due to the heavy influence of metal music but I can safely say that this is an isolated issue. It's just a case of extremism I guess. You need to know your limits that's all. Go ahead and listen to death metal music , as long as it does not affect your faith , it's perfectly alright.

Although metal musicians may look gothic/satanic etc , It's plainly for the sake of image. You don't expect a death metal band to wear tuxedoes on stage do you? What I'm saying is that if you're into genres which are famous for having that "dark" essence in their songs , then I think it's only appropriate to wear something which suits the genre you're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back