Whammy Bar Tricks

Hehehe... here's is a phenomenal thing to do on the guitar with a floyd rose.

Have a good dose of distortion.

Pick a natural harmonic, say G string (everyone's fave string) @ the 5th fret.

Immediately hammer-on the 1st string 5th fret - do it hard so the note sounds out louder...

Dive.

You'll hear... the dive bomb and at the same time, there will be a note going up.

Have fun playing around with it!

14630627.jpg

:lol:

yeah i think there should be a difference in tone. i prefer using a floyd rose with the bar. dropping the bomb with the real thing will always rock harder.

yeah i think there should be a difference in tone. i prefer using a floyd rose with the bar. dropping the bomb with the real thing will always rock harder.

Ex-whammier here too! Argh... really miss those days...

Here's a trick i observed from vai....

Sustained a note and then try rotating the whammy round and round while giving it a slight pressure downwards.

This makes the dip up and down very controlled.

Dimebag's squeals!!

Very easy. use ur left hand middle finger, flick the 3rd string(famous for harmonics) then bend down the trem bar. as the strings vibrate loosely, tap ur indexfinger on the 5th fret(like doing a natural harmonics). then pull the trem bar back up. The process if a fast one. Do it slow and it won't sound really nice.

check out the video from Dimebag http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Mzq3LcL9I

yo guys i bought an esp ltd m-50 ...it had a vintage tremolo system...what effects or tricks can i do with it???im very curious about it

Faizalhacker: Make a pinch harmonic note n then whammy..:)

that will sound like the intro from beast and the harlot right before the verse kicks in.

Dimebag squeals are the best yet.the note will sound like it will ring forever.check out the outro of cemetary gates.

those tricks are damn easy la.but dont use a lo pro or whatever in that range cause you cant do it the dime way.turn the bar back dip and pull.yeah!\m/

im not saying you cant but on a standard floyd its easier.i mean the floyd can go up and down.where the lo pro is harder to go up.so the high pitch squels is harder to do.

Back