The 2nd Soft Drummer Meet-Up - 21/4/2007

quite true lah what alvin said... u have to respect a person in all kinds of ways...

anyways, the meet up is at 1pm... and just a little overseen time issue here, - we malay-muslim have to pray 5 times a day, and 1pm or so is the start of mid-day prayer... it'll be great if theres a nearby mosque there...

but we're gonna miss out on the first few parts of the meet up... so yeah hope the organizers can help change a little to the timing..

if not, than we're gonna be just a tad bit late...

peace to be upon everyone:D

I can only be there for the preparation till 1 pm. The Bosphorus cymbals will be under the care of Reuben. So Reuben, all yours to watch over my precious... will collect from you on Sunday evening... 8)

Oh I just remember now - Effective next month onwards...I am taking lesson at 4.00pm to 5pm every Saturday with Alvin - so that also means I will leave the meet-up at 3.00pm (I'm sure you all can understand me lah Bros - got lesson mah)......

PS Reuben/rla/drumhobbist/or Cali will have to help to close up the place at 4.00pm for the next few meet-up - - - thanks Bros in advance - don't worry Bernard will be there too to help lock up the place after our meet-up

haha focus placed on girls? it has always been like that since the history of man. moreover, drumming is more of a male dominated act.

if i see a female drummer on a gig, i would also place my focus on her cuz it is rare for me to see a good one! who won't? if a lady cannt stand such mere attention, then i guess the problem lies with her. anyway i was there for the gathering, and all respect was given to that lady. nothing to worry about.

have any of u guys heard of Shauney Aka Baby.... wow she's a real good drummer for hilary duff once...

FYI: what inspired me to drum was that lady right there : shauney..

She's was just an average part time drummer cum starbucks waitress when hilary duff's manager approached her... by than, she has already attended high profile schools learning initially vocals but turned to percussion thereafter...

Yeah, i followed the footsteps of a lady drummer:D... long time no hear from shauney since she backed out as hilary duff's drummer...

She endorse tama and meinl cymbals sehh!!!

girl power!!

Weckish, nobody said you cannot put focus on girl drummers....if the focus was a respectful one....the female drummers that feedbacked to me have no problems of any kind....just the things said here and there in previous posts that ARE NOT DRUMMING related....

yea. well, although i don't participate in their girls' talk, but generally i felt they have not crossed the line. so nothing much to worry about. :D

hey RD , im not sure bout bringing my snare , got i got parade on 21st ends dont know what time , and if i come also , i dont think i can bring the artwood leh , cause of the parade , sorry bros

No Problem Alvin we understand

PS Since Danial not bringing - and we have so little snare We abolish the bringing of Snare till next time when we have enough to showcase ok....cheers

Because too little snare lah this time - next meetup we see how the response 1st lah - if good...then we all can have more snare to try out that would be fun.

This meetup is informal - but it sure will be more personalise as we can share and ask any area in drumming between Bros there at the meetup - and can be anything in area of drumming. come ok har Bros...

ps: Bro Rusty...will you be there this Saturday - I need you to help me Tune-Up my 1969 Ludwig Snare...can or not..????? If can I bring my snare.

Rudimental bro,

i was with bro rustee the other day and he mentioned about the lively exchanges you guys were having, we spoke briefly about the next one and i should like to drop by if its possible to hang out n stuff, please let me know thanks!!!

cheers,
alfe

hey i'd be interested to pop by and have a look see... would you guys still be aorund at 5.30pm? i've something on from 2pm until 5pm.

Back