The 2nd Soft Drummer Meet-Up - 21/4/2007

Bro plainsman - wah you look like Movie-Star like that....I am the camera man lah..kekekekeke nice hor? :lol:

and thank you very very very much - - the meetup was great - because you were there......Please join us as committee Member can..(if you need to study on that day - of course study is more important) but you will be finishing soon - and this drum-Committee is hopefully going to stay here for a long long time....please consider ok...thks

Wah... the Bosphorus crash and hi-hats in the second picture appeared to glow like Paiste Signature Series under a stage-light... 8)

oh yah, Mel80, thanks for letting us try ur pearl elims, man it's much much much much more better than my IC's.. or i thought so since i never play with my IC's since i last parted with my drumset.. haha

also, ur omar hakim looks new, haha it'll do good if u tune it a little lower.. but mine better sound lah hahahaha...

thanks alort mel...

D_H, wah saturday close ah... open 2nd may, will u be free at that date/? like that we go for ur workshop at 2nd may instead of 1st and straighaway go to accent music thereafter? how?? msg me man... haha

thanks for reserving the splash, oh yah, what else other wuhan splashes do they have in stock other than the reserved one??... hehe

thanks alort bro...

oh yah, crap i forgot what bos cymbals u have bro D_H..it'll be easier to try em out at ur house rather than at the shop where they have to take out of storage and such should be a bit troublesome...

so at least have a rough idea about the cymbals before deciding.. lah haha

and they brining in a new shipment right?? wah liddat can get my coveted 8" splash... hiak hiak hiak.. ha..

all i know is that u have like the whole of antique and trad series... haha that's all i know... still searching the show us ur cymbal thread...

bro plainsman bro, you get a big-ass pic because you are the ANGRY FUSION MAN! :lol:

bro rottenramone bro, doesn't that hand grabbing Lawrence's tit look familiar? :wink: :lol:

bro marcdadrummer bro, actually I got Nigel (drum resources) to help tune the Omar Hakim. I wanted it to be high pitched, cutting and more sensitive because I use it as a secondary snare. But thanks for the feedback :D

bro RD bro, maybe can have everyone attending the meetup each time to split the costs if needed? Can't be having you pay for everything each time. Also have to take care of your own pocket bro :)

1st May is a public holiday.. easier for others to go... will PM those who had earlier indicated wanted to go... it should be around 5-6 of us. Yes, you can try my arsenal of cymbals until you can't make up your mind... :lol:

ah.. haha...

2nd may aceent open amirite?? so i when u goin back there.. can take the splash...

also order some splashes, hehe...

bro mel, wah nigel help u tune ah... ah no wonder lah u it's too tight, u use it for secondary.... nice but too tight abit off for me lah, maybe it's nice for secondary haha..

thanks for letting us try man..:D

oh yah bro RD, ya lah true ah must share cost ah, if not pengsan ah u cover all of the fees... must share2 ah..

.. angry fusion must be angry ah the face.. haha

oh yah hozea, damn frustrated waking up early in the morning and kena by not one but TWO damned snipers...

was the highest bid till the last 30 second...

than loading was damn slow, just to bid, i lost.. haha by 2.75 cents for the 18" and 10 dollars for the 16"... dammit...

now eyeing for a 19" aaxplosion no bids thus far ending this 3am.. hua damn tired sia..

Hahahahaha...taking about 'Angry Fusion"....I like that concept really...instead of "Aggressive Kinda Fusion"...plainsman uses the term "Angry Fusion"....

Bros who did not attend the 2nd meetup - you should have seen how musical and dynamical is this so-call "Angry-Fusion" by plainsman....my Jaws almost drop lah kekekekeke ! :lol:

I guess everyone there really did took home something - the most unforgetable was - "Angry Fusion"...

wow really cool to be there huh.. but all of them looks so much senior than me.. hmm. im only 17 starting out.. haha.. so being there will be really awkward huh? anyways i really wanna tag along with you guys man..

faddt...you are 17...nice to hear you drumming at such a young age..you will be great someday (if you practuce hard & knows what to practice)...

In this 1st & 2nd meetup, we do have a lot of young drummers there - just that their face was not capture at the camera (as I stated a the pics - I was too busy or should I say attentive - I forgotten to snap many pics)....there are alot of 17s & even 15 years old there - come join us in our next meetup - you will meet them all and I'm sure you will enjoy and learn as we share among each other......

PS: - Kekekeke actually we are not very senior or bery old lah - we look more mature only (not photogenic that's all) - izzit you saw the pics of the bros got beard....hahahaha so you say Senior har? :smt040

Cheers !

wooooooo sounds like it was gd man, hey is bliss gen hui? i recognise the snare. i'd be back in july so i've have to come down and have some 15 yr old embarass me with a smoking solo.

okie cool see u guys

eh sial la 8O .... nvm la lets all just "have enjoys and have funs" :lol:

btw marcadrummer dude, a bit sidetrack, i was checkinh out ur dbl pedal with some heeltoe, twas some coolshit there.... keep working at it n u'll b blasting man!!!!!

RD bro, do u want to set up a thread for drum brothas here to post up what they've shared in the recent (and maybe future) exchanges? that way we can document and not just lost-somewhere-in-footage-or-midair drum stuffs????

cheers

bro alfe, no lah im not the one with the heeltoe thingy... lah i play heel up one..

my leg too long can't do heeltoe, still practising.. im the dude with the long sleeve brown tee-shirt btw.. haha still learning lah, need more educational videos ATM since i can't afford drum lessons..

oh yah, whois gen hui ah?? all i know is blissuicide is hairi and he's the one who owns the dw neil peart bell brass snare..

thanks to all the bro's who came man..

Back