The 2nd Soft Drummer Meet-Up - 21/4/2007

Hohoho...im the first to post back from the meetup...

Without a doubt, it was much less "tension/pressure" in the room!

Really should get a kit or 2 in there for a better jamming and sharing experience.

Great to see some of the guyz again... :D

hee..... yarrrr its good to see u frummer and drummer buah, u guys improved quite a bit since the last time we met and its great to see!!! \m/

great to see a lot of new drum brethren around too.... thanks especially to RD bro for his perseverence and generousity in seeing this through.... RD u DA MAN!!! :D :D :D :D !!!!

hey mel.......thanks 4 sharing the pedal wit us dude.......
its freakin wonderful.....!!!!
this meet up is VERY EDUCATIONAL MAN!!!!!
THANKS EVERYONE FOR SHARING THEIR VIEWS AND TIPS ON DRUMMING.....
:lol:

peace out..
smil

Hey no probs smiledrumez. We're all here to share and help one another. Glad that you guys enjoyed trying out the pedals :)

Guess I caused some to GAS for the pedals because of it :wink:

Thanks to drum_hobbyist for leaving his priced bosphorus cymbals with us to play with. Of course, also to RD and blissuicide for letting us have a go at their gorgeous snares too :D

Committee Members: - James (Soft), RD, rla, drum_hobbist, Reuben, Weckl, caijunlong, jimmyplaydrums.

(0) James
(1) RD ( Pearl Reference Series & 1969 Ludwig SuperSEnsitive Snare)
(2) rla
(3) drum_hobbyist
(4) Reuben
(5) Weckl
(5) caijunlong
(6) jimmyplaydrums
(7) rengaw
(8') smildrumez
(9) QWEbie
(10) danial (Tama Artwood Snare)
(11) DullTheater
(12) Frummer
(13) mel80 ( Omar Hakim snare )
(14) Marcdadrummer
(15) drummar-buah
(16) rong
(17) dewamica

i'm really wondering if must sign up or not ? but i just try my luck la, put my name... would like to see wats going on during the meet up.macam best like that

see u all there

Hey dewamica,

The 2nd meet-up was yesterday. So it's over. However, we should have the third meet-up next month!

Hey committee,

My apology for not turning up yesterday. I had to attend to something important. I have contacted RD the day before regarding this.

Hey yah thanks mel80 for letting us try the pedals!

Im certainly not used to the settings...thus....my sloppy footwork wahahaha! But i love it...elims never fail to impress me!

And thanks to DH for the cymbals. Love the splash especially...

Snares was great too. especially the yamaha stell snare! killer man that 1.... :lol:

PS: i wanna play angry fusion too.... 8)

Can't meet all you guys as I have to leave after the 1st hour. Hope all have a feel what Bosphorus Traditional cymbals sound like and also the wuhan splash... heard from Reuben that it was a favorite amongst the drummers... smildrumez... you are right... it is a 'chilli padi' 8)

woo yeah the meet-up was great. too bad the cymbal preacher had to leave us too soon and can't give us abit more on his cymbal lectures.. hahaha

so sorry i can't share y'day.. was caught up playing the song, suddenly alfe asked me what to share, wah so blank already in my mind... hahaha

thanks to everyone who made this possible... can't wait for the next meet up... woohoo..

PS: Bro D_H, tomorrow how?? still going to accent?? im really REALLY REALLY keen on buying the wuhan tomorrow... what cymbal u geting tommorrow?? issit the 100th one?? hahaha

Im actually bidding on a aaxplosion on ebay.. and it ends tommorrow, im only free after 10am.. will that be ok bro since u asked what time i free haha.. sorry..

call me anytime today i ask those who wants to hear the wonders of bosphorus cymbal.. woo..

peace!

Hey guys, apologies for my AWOL, I decided to stay back at work to finish up stuff. If rla had been there, I would have die die made it though, cos he has my cymbal and I've got his :lol:

Glad to hear it went well. Eh, if confirm going to accent, drop me a call, haven't been there before, got some free time tomorrow, don't mind checking it out.

Marc, good luck bidding. Hope you don't get frustrated by a sniper.

Some Pics For Your Viewing Pleasure (sorry I didn't take much as I was really enjoying myself so much on this 2nd meetup)......ENJOY !

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The 2nd Meetup was - - Great.tttttttttttttttttttt.

Here I would like to thanks:-

(1) drum_hobbyist - for bringing those beautiful Bosphorus Cymbals

(2) Reuben - for bringinh those cymbals home (I know they are damn heavy)

(3) Mel - For the double pedal; cymbals & snare - great bro to have

(4) and Most of all - All those that attended this 2nd Meetup

Without you people - this meetup is nothing.

The meeting was Informal with myself & my committee not knowing what is install for all there - it's like a "Follow Your FootStep & Comes What May"....

Thanks to Jason, Bliss and this very wonderful Bro call Plainsman especially - helping us break the ice (so everyone does not feel the tense) - each and everyone was asked to do something (can be anything) on the kit - then the rest of the Bros who are more experience share (not teach) and advice how we canimprove on that area.....For those that are doing something more complicated - they were ask to slow down and explain and show how it's been done - - - This way everybody learns "Alot of Things" - It was amazing and I didn't realise how beneficial it was (much more than I really expected) from a simple, informal meetup.

The meetup was from 12pm to 4pm, I thought that 4hrs is alot, but drummers there were requesting for more hours (this shows a fact how much everyone had enjoyed this meetup)...and we are talking about app 20 drummers there only.....It would be fantastic if more drummers were there...........no bashing, no critizing,no lecturing - just Plain Sharing was what made this 2nd meetup so successful couple with the facts that everyone participated...to this I say THANK YOU Bro PLainsman & all you wonderful people there.

The Venue was a lovely place - feedback from drummers attending was that the place is so cosy and everyone feels very confortable....and we are allow to bring our own Drumset there - it can easily house 2 drumkit and still accomodate 50 people comfortably with seats.

After that, we all went for Copi-Tiam-Talk - - from 4.15pm to 6pm, where many had their Refreshment & Food......and we really talk and talk and talk but alias - have to depart eg Wify, mother, and GFs waiting - it was Saturday night liao.

PS: - For YOur Information: - Bernard has talk to me - saying that someone from the Orchestra would want to speak to me as regards to - SHARING THE PLACE (Wing Symphony Rooom) with us (Drummers in Soft) - but I do not know how much I will have to pay really.....but what I know is that if I did - than we can make use of full facilities there........

There are a few things I have to consider...(1) How much...(2) Will it be under-utilise by us (3) - if we take the place we will have to treat it like our own home - we must take care of their instrument too (as we can have access to it all), we must not let things get lost there - it's also accountability here as many people will come hopefully as our community grows from here - Therefore and also that's why the committee need more PEOPLE/DRUMMERS who are responsible and committed to help us as we grow - - - Our objective is still - to have a Physical Permanent Home large enough and affordable for us all...beside here in this cyber-space we all call home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT"S NEW !.....

Our New Committee Members to the Drums-Meetup:-

(1) - One of the Bros here (mentioned before) went to the meetup - and was so generous to offer his Recording Studio to those attending our meetup their Venue for FREE,,(of course if we wanna drink - we pay S$1 to buy it ourself)...This Bro together with his partner - has also offered to pick those attending with their VAN from Jurong East - if we so decide to organise it at their Venue - WHICH IS RESTRICTED 25 Persons at most due to space constraint - but it was the thought that counts most here - and I say Thank You for sponsoring the Venue. They can also do some drums Recording for you all if you want there (I think it's free for that particular day only)...Kekekeke :lol:

(2) A Warm Welcome to Bro lucifersatan who had offer to help us - by joining the current committee...Thank you Lucifer.....

(3) A Warm welcome too to Bro Rustee who has also agreed to join and help us in this Drum Meetup Committee.

PS: - We would highly appreciate too if we can Have (a) Bliss & 9b) plainsman to join us a part of the existing committee for all future events - - - as we realise your valuable contribution in our past meetup and we need your experience to help us make all future Drum-Meetups as exciting as this one.....Please give us your kindest considerations...Thank You and looking forward to your most favourable reply.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 3rd Meetup - Drum Clinic (on either 3rd or 4th week) - the details will be announce soon hopefully by this week..........If there will be a Drum Clinic - the VENUE will be changed to somewhere - but I guarantee you will all LOVE it !.

Regards

Eric

Back