The 2nd Soft Drummer Meet-Up - 21/4/2007

should i bring my IC's?? i need someone who has the magic hands and turn my cobras into a smooth as silk pedals...

compared to other cobras i tried at tiet, lcube.. can dbl pedal fast and it feels great... (esp the tiet studio one with the DW)... can go so fast and constant...

issit the bass drum tuning or the pedals???

Bro Marc,

I think you should try doing it yourself. Just adjust it a little by a little until you get to the feel that's right. What is best for you might not be the best for others. You're the only person to judge since the pedals are yours. :lol:

Those who have Zildjian K series cymbals can bring to the meeting and compare with the Bosphorus Traditionals... hear the difference... :wink:

marc - bring lah - The Pedal can be adjusted to the type of Feel you want...I think there are 3 places you can adjust them one in order to get the best out of it.....just bring along...someone will help you on this - then next time - you will know how to do it yourself liao - That's how I learn also.

I'm also bringing my Ludwig Snare - cause I need someone to help me tune it up - anything is feasible in a Informal Meet-up, and there will be plenty of Bros who can help us out...

DO YOU BROS HERE - WANT SOME DRUM CIRCLE PEOPLE TO COME TO OUR COMMING MEET-UP ?????? - Please give me your view.

My friend call me just now - He is in the Drum circle...if his band members can come (I don't know if it is of any help to us at all or not) or just to add in to the excitment of this meetup....They have one person playing African beat, one person playing Alfro-Cuban Brazilian, One playing Indian Beat, one playing Chinese Drum Beat - - - - Then any of you can go up the kit and try to play along with them - All Drums.

I heard from him - There is a Group Of Ladies/Girls - all playing Brazilian/Latin & Samba Beat Band (not local Singaporean)...if they are still here they will come (but they are Professionals on tour).....then you guys also can Jam and try to lock in with them...Strictly Samba/Brazilian/Latin Groove only here....

But he will call them 1st. if the group will come and join us - subject to other members available or not that Saturday on 21st April...and also our members here (if you all want them there)...If they come - they will bring their Conga, Bongo, many other types of different kinds of Drums on their own - to enjoy the day with us?????

But this is still pre-mature - as I just spoken to them.....just something different har - I guess Bros..

PS: - If Affirm - I will let you all know lah and post here again - Then we all practice our Brazilian/Latin/Samba Beat - and show them..."Hey We Drummers also can do one lah"..I think Accenting here is used here with some Bass Drum/Hats Ostinato. We then all practice and get ready for them - all of us take turn to play lah (should be fun here) Hahahahaha....

Ooops I almost forgot - with our snare there (quite a number of it) - we play together - Timbale also cannot fight us man....Hahahaha.

Committee Members: - James (Soft), RD, rla, drum_hobbist, Reuben, Weckl, caijunlong, jimmyplaydrums.

(0) James
(1) RD ( Pearl Reference Series & 1969 Ludwig SuperSEnsitive Snare)
(2) rla
(3) drum_hobbyist
(4) Reuben
(5) Weckl
(5) caijunlong
(6) jimmyplaydrums
(7) rengaw
(8') smildrumez
(9) QWEbie
(10) danial (Tama Artwood Snare)
(11) DullTheater
(12) Frummer
(13) mel80 ( Omar Hakim snare )
(14) Marcdadrummer
(15) drummar-buah

BOM TAK BOM TAK BOM TAK BOM TAK BOM TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK CHSHHHHHHHHH!!!! :D

keep it up brothers/sisters! make drumming the best thing you had initiated in your life!

hahhaha drummer buah, the young dude with the nice smooth strokes.

hey another suggestion is to have a white board up so people and write exccercises so everyone can copy it

Ok..I cancell the drum Circle people from comming for our this meetup. Actually there is a 2 lady drummer (a professional from Philippines, flying back soon - my friend told me) but she only play together with her band members - but she plays the Drum-Kit (like the ones we does...I heard she is very good in her Samba/Brazilian/Latina kind of stuffs on the Kit- no hard feelings - just a suggestion to add in the excitment of the 2nd meetup - They told me just - If they come it will only be around 3pm and play only half an hour (only with their own band - of drummers - so it becomes something like a show to us) - can only come at 3pm cause they need a few cars to bring their stuffs though on their own.

I appreciate the ladies cause they will fly home later cause of our meetup - but I do not want this to happen - cause it's free one and they have been very kind to us....SO - - -

I had cancell this - I think it's also good in this case to keep this meetup which is mean'tt for us in Soft only - thanks for the feedback bros

cheers !

Blurr: wah good idea also...I wonder if they have Whiteboard there ... should have hor ! Kekeke

:smt026 ya ya ya ya ya ya put whiteboard! den we can all copy and practice. :D but i think it'd be better to show how to do those that are written on the board.

haha like pri school lesson.

hopefully i can bring the IC's lah...:d...

oh yah rd, Bliss's snare damn heavy sia!! dunno if can bring anort....

i snapped a few pics, if u all wan see i can post but subject to bliss's approval first ah...

the sound of the neil peart and the cravittio, i think cravittio better ah.. more warmer..

Wayne - No there is no specific schedule nor program for this 2nd meetup as it is an Informal one....and it will be great to have you on board Bro.

PS PM you liao my e-mail & contact...cheers !

received, thanks dude!

replied your email with a few simple suggestions. like i say, would love to drop by if i can, it'd be good if we can come up with a proper program, even if its a simple one, just so that people know what to expect if they turn up :]

w.

Committee Members: - James (Soft), RD, rla, drum_hobbist, Reuben, Weckl, caijunlong, jimmyplaydrums.

(0) James
(1) RD ( Pearl Reference Series & 1969 Ludwig SuperSEnsitive Snare)
(2) rla
(3) drum_hobbyist
(4) Reuben
(5) Weckl
(5) caijunlong
(6) jimmyplaydrums
(7) rengaw
(8') smildrumez
(9) QWEbie
(10) danial (Tama Artwood Snare)
(11) DullTheater
(12) Frummer
(13) mel80 ( Omar Hakim snare )
(14) Marcdadrummer
(15) drummar-buah
(16) rong

Finally received my Pearl Elims :D

I can bring it for the gathering if you guys wanna give it a try.

Mel!!! At last we are Elim buddies!!! U got to change the chain to belt! It really makes a whole lot of difference.

Back